2018 Ford F-150 Overview
Newest pickup honors 100 years of Ford truck heritage
2017 marks a milestone for Ford. The American automaker is celebrating the 100-year anniversary of the debut of its first pickup truck in 2017. A century later, Ford continues to produce one of the top trucks on the market: the legendary F-150.
The 2018 Ford F-150 has already accrued an array of awards since it arrived, including being named Motor Trend Truck of the Year and Kelley Blue Book Best Buy Award Winner. Here’s what the latest model year has to offer.
Helpful Hints: insert dealership link here
[wptab name=”What’s New”]
What’s New for the 2018 Ford F-150?
The F-150 pickup has received a handful of alterations and upgrades for the 2018 model year. Starting with the front, the truck now bears a different front grille design inspired by the Ford Super Duty’s, flanked by more defined and accentuated headlights. Other exterior revisions include reshaped, LED-outlined taillights, revised wheels designs (half-a-dozen offerings in all), and a shiny tailgate enhancement for upper trims.
Of course, upgrades to the 2018 F-150 aren’t just cosmetic. The most prominent improvement is under the hood, with the new F-150 engine options. A 3.3-liter Ti-VCT V6 is the standard motor, which can be upgraded to a 3.5-liter EcoBoost V6, a 2.7-liter EcoBoost V6, or a 5.0-liter Ti-VCT V8—all of which have been re-tuned.
Certain tech options are now available for extra costs, such as a Bang & Olufsen audio system, Wi-Fi hotspot, and adaptive cruise control.
2018 Ford F-150 Photos:
2018 Ford F-150 Exterior
The 2018 Ford F-150 is ready to be configured to your style and performance preferences. It can come in seven trim levels: XL, XLT, LARIAT, Raptor, King Ranch, Platinum, or Limited. Each one can be equipped with different engine options and either 4×2 or x4 drive. Depending on which version you choose, box sizes for the truck range from 5.5-foot to 8.0-foot, with Regular Cab, SuperCab, or SuperCrew body options. Exterior paint colors are extensive and diverse, with a different hues offered, from Guard Green to Blue Jeans to White Gold.
Exterior features included on the 2018 Ford F-150
- XL trim adds: 170-Degree Rear Door (SuperCab only), Automatic on/off headlamps with rainlamp wiper activated headlamps, Cargo lamp integrated with center high-mounted stop lamp (CHMSL), Daytime Running Lamps, Easy Fuel capless fuel filler, Black two-bar style grille with black nostrils, Halogen headlamps, Cargo box tie-down hooks, Manual-folding dual-glass side mirrors, Spare Tire Carrier, Removable tailgate with key lock
- XLT trim adds: Front chrome bumper, Rear chrome bumper, Front body color fascia, Halogen fog lamps, Black mesh grille insert, Chrome grille surround, Chrome two-bar style grille with chrome nostrils, Dual glass and power-adjustable side mirrors, Power lock tailgate, Rear fixed window with privacy tint
- LARIAT trim adds: BoxLink, Two-bar style chrome grille with four minor bars, LED Box Lighting, Auto-dimming side mirrors (driver’s side), Heated side mirrors with integrated turn signal and LED security approach lamps, LED tailgate, Body-color wheel lip moldings, Rear Power sliding glass window with privacy tint and defroster (SuperCab and SuperCrew)
- Raptor trim adds: Front performance bumper, Rear performance bumper, Flared front fenders with air extractors and flared pickup box outers, Grille with unique FORD block letters, Hood with air extractors, Two rear tow hooks, Integrated marker lights, Quad beam LED headlamps and LED taillamps with black surround, Cast aluminum running boards, Heavy duty skid plates, Unique wheel lip moldings
- King Ranch trim adds: Front accent-color end caps, Rear accent-color bumper, Caribou mesh grille insert, LED mirror-mounted spotlights, Quad beam LED headlamps and LED taillamps, Remote tailgate release, Caribou step bars, Two-tone paint treatment
- Platinum trim adds: Rear body-color bumper, Front body-color end caps, Satin finish mesh grille insert, Two-bar style satin finish grille with chrome accent, Power deployable running boards (SuperCrew), Side mirrors with chrome skull caps
- Limited trim adds: Satin finish main bars with chrome minor bars grille style, Satin finish surround and silver inserts, Satin chrome door and tailgate door handles with body color bezel, Twin panel moonroof (SuperCrew)
2018 Ford F-150 Performance
The F-150 is all about capability, and its five—yes, five—engine options deliver exactly that. Depending on what configuration of the F-150 you buy, you’ll get
- 3.3-liter Ti-VCT V6: 290 horsepower and 265 lb-ft of torque
- 2.7-liter EcoBoost V6: 325 horsepower and 400 lb-ft of torque
- 3.5-liter EcoBoost V6: 375 horsepower and 470 lb-ft of torque
- High-output 3.5-liter EcoBoost V6: 450 horsepower and 510 lb-ft of torque
- 5.0-liter Ti-VCT V8: 395 horsepower and 400 lb-ft of torque
Transmission options are either an electronic six-speed automatic with Tow/Haul and Sport modes or an Electronic ten-speed SelectShift automatic with Tow/Haul Mode.
With the strongest engine, the F-150 can carry up to 3,270 pounds and tow over 13,000—enough to nab best-in-class status.
2018 Ford F-150 Efficiency
Depending on which engine option you select for your F-150, you’ll get a different level of fuel efficiency, so you can decide whether strength or sustainability is more suitable.
The standard 3.3-liter Ti-VCT V6 engine earns an EPA-estimated average of 19 mpg city and 25 mpg highway, with the other engines getting slightly more or less than that:
- 2.7-liter EcoBoost V6: 20 mpg city/26 mpg highway
- 3.5-liter EcoBoost V6: 18 mpg city/25 mpg highway
- 5.0-liter Ti-VCT V8: 17 mpg city/23 mpg highway
2018 Ford F-150 Interior
The interior of the Ford-150 is sleek and comfortable, designed to keep you comfortable when conditions outside are anything but. The base model comes with all the tech and comfort essentials, with higher trims adding the latest upscale and high-tech features.
Interior features included on the 2018 Ford F-150
- XL trim adds: 2.3-inch Productivity Screen, Auxiliary audio input jack, Black vinyl floor covering, Cruise control, Deployable cup holder under seat, Dome light, Fade-to-off interior lighting, Dual-note horn, Intermittent windshield wipers, Manual door locks, Outside temperature display, Rearview mirror, Black urethane manual tilt/telescoping steering wheel, Visors with passenger-side mirror, Single-zone manual air conditioning, Auxiliary audio input jack, 12-volt front powerpoint, 12-volt rear powerpoint (SuperCab and SuperCrew), AM/FM stereo
- XLT trim adds: Power windows, Color-coordinated carpet with carpeted floor mats, Power door locks with flip key and integrated key transmitter keyless entry including auto-lock, Visors with driver- and passenger-side covered mirrors, Manual driver and passenger front seats, Cruise control, AM/FM with single-CD, SYNC with AppLink, SYNC, MyKey
- LARIAT trim adds: Dual-zone electronic automatic temperature control, Additional steering wheel controls, Ambient lighting, Intelligent access with push-button start, Overhead console (SuperCab and SuperCrew), Power-adjustable pedals with memory, Auto-dimming rearview mirror, Heated and cooled 10-way power driver and front passenger seats, Black leather-wrapped steering wheel, Visors with driver- and passenger-side illuminated mirrors, Woodgrain-style interior trim accents, Front 40/20/40 leather-trimmed seats, 10-way power driver and front passenger seats, 8-inch productivity screen, Dynamic hitch assist, SiriusXM Satellite Radio, SYNC 3, Rear View Camera with Dynamic Hitch Assist, AdvanceTrac with Roll Stability Control (RSC)
- Raptor trim adds: Black carpet flooring with unique rubber front and rear floor mats, Flow-through center console with floor shift, Fully-flat load floor (SuperCrew models), Overhead console with six auxiliary upfitter switches, Sport style leather-wrapped steering wheel with thumb pads and paddle shifters, Unique Ford Performance aluminum scuff plates, Unique interior trim accents, 8-way power driver seat, 110-volt/400-watt power inverter (SuperCab and SuperCrew), 4.2-inch productivity screen, Reverse Sensing System, SiriusXM satellite radio
- King Ranch trim adds: Color-coordinated carpet with carpeted King Ranch floor mats, Flow-through center console with floor shift, Fully-flat load floor (SuperCrew models), Mesa leather-wrapped steering wheel, Power tilt/telescoping steering wheel with memory and electronic locking, Unique genuine wood interior trim accents, Heated and cooled 10-way power driver and passenger bucket seats, Leather trimmed front seats, Heated rear seats, Universal garage door opener, B&O PLAY Premium Audio System with single-CD and HD Radio, SYNC® Connect with WiFi hotspot, SYNC Connect powered by FordPass, Voice-activated Navigation with SiriusXM Traffic and Travel Link
- Platinum trim adds: Automatic high beams, Black carpet flooring with unique front and rear floor mats, Black leather-wrapped steering wheel, Front Bucket seats with center flow-through console and unique multi-contour leather, Rain-sensing wipers
- Limited trim adds: 360-Degree Camera with Split-View Display, Adaptive cruise control and collision warning with brake support, Lane-Keeping System
2018 Ford F-150 Safety
The Ford F-150 has established a reputation for itself as arguably the safest truck in its class. Its 2018 iteration earned Top Safety Pick status from the IIHS, scoring top “Good” marks in all five crash categories, with “Superior” front crash prevention (with optional equipment). It didn’t get top scores for its headlights or child seat anchors, which could use some improvements. At least the truck comes with a variety of optional protection and assistance features.
Standard Safety Features on the 2018 Ford F-150
- Rear View Camera with Dynamic Hitch Assist
- AdvanceTrac with Roll Stability Control (RSC)
- Airbags – Front, Driver and passenger
- Airbags – Front, Driver and passenger seat-mounted side
- Airbags – Safety Canopy side curtains
- Curve Control
- Four-Wheel Anti-Lock Brakes
- Safety belts – Active Restraint System (ARS), three-point manual lap/shoulder belts with height adjusters, pretensioners and energy management retractors on outside front positions
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
- SecuriLock passive anti-theft system
- SOS Post-Crash Alert System
- Spare tire and wheel lock
Did You Know? Dealership links are expected here