2018 Kia Stinger Overview
Predicted to be the highest-performance production option in Kia’s lineup and the automaker’s history, the 2018 Kia Stinger has endured a lot of hype, hope, and wishful thinking from adventurous drivers. Finally available for purchase in the U.S., the five-passenger sportback seems to have lived up to, as well as exceeded, the hefty expectations of the automaker, drivers, and car enthusiasts alike.
Learn More: 2017 Kia Optima earns Top Safety Pick+
What’s New for the 2018 Kia Stinger?
Although inspired by the Kia’s GT concept, the 2018 Kia Stinger is all new, inside and out; Kia’s engineers have worked hard for years to reach their goal of creating an “authentic gran turisomo.” It is powerful, fast, comfortable for five, handles like a dream, stylish, and even has ample room for cargo.
2018 Kia Stinger Photos:
2018 Kia Stinger Exterior
The 2018 Kia Stinger features a longer wheelbase, a long rear overhang, a long hood, and a sculpted body to create its sportback styling. Four oval exhaust pipes are visible in back while LED headlamps bookend Kia’s distinctive “tiger-nose” grille. Available features such as a sunroof with power sunshade, dual-lens full LED headlights, and 18-inch alloy wheels with machine finish add to the sleek styling of the Stinger.
2018 Kia Stinger Exterior Photos:
Exterior features available on the 2018 Kia Stinger
- Power-folding and heated outside mirrors, Mirror-mounted LED turn signal indicators, Smart Power trunk, Solar control glass, Sound-absorbing front door windows, Single-lens projector beam headlights, Auto light control, LED daytime running lights (DRL), LED rear brake lamps, Locking fuel-filler door, Dual chrome exhaust tips, 18-inch alloy wheels with painted finish
Exterior features available on the 2018 Kia Stinger Premium
- Sunroof with power sunshade, Dual-lens full LED headlights, LED rear turn signals, 18-inch alloy wheels with machine finish
Exterior features available on the 2018 Kia Stinger GT
- GT front grille with matching lower, GT high gloss black hood trim, GT rear bumper, Black chrome exterior accents, Body color door handles, 19-inch alloy GT style wheels
Exterior features available on the 2018 Kia Stinger GT1
- Auto-dimming outside mirrors, Sunroof with power sunshade
Exterior features available on the 2018 Kia Stinger GT2
- High Beam Assist (HBA), Dynamic Low Beam Assist, Rain-sensing and variable intermittent windshield wipers
2018 Kia Stinger Performance
The 2018 Kia Stinger features two engine options across its five trim levels. The Kia Stinger base and Premium trims are equipped with a twin scroll turbocharged 2.0-liter four-cylinder Theta II engine, which generates 255 horsepower and 260 lb-ft of torque. The GT, GT1, and GT2 trims are equipped with a twin turbocharged 3.3-liter V6 Lambda II engine, which generates 365 horsepower and 376 lb-ft of torque. Both engines are mated to Kia’s signature eight-speed rear-drive automatic transmission.
2018 Kia Stinger Efficiency
The 2018 Kia Stinger delivers both power and efficiency. The base and Premiums trims earn an EPA-estimated rating of 22 mpg city, 29 mpg highway, and 25 mpg combined. The GT, GT1 and GT 2 trims earn an EPA-estimated rating of 19 mpg city, 25 mpg highway, and 21 mpg combined.
- Stinger: 22/29/25 MPG City/Highway/Combined
- Premium: 22/29/25 MPG City/Highway/Combined
- GT: 19/25/21 MPG City/Highway/Combined
- GT1: 19/25/21 MPG City/Highway/Combined
- GT2: 19/25/21 MPG City/Highway/Combined
2018 Kia Stinger Interior
The 2018 Kia Stinger features sculpted bucket seats, standard hand-stitched leather seats, available Nappa leather seat covers, and dual-zone automatic temperature control with smart ventilation and cabin air filter for ultimate comfort on every journey. Drivers will appreciate the 12-way power-adjustable seat with four-way lumbar support, leather-wrapped steering wheel and gear shift handle. The standard 60/40 split-folding rear seats with adjustable rear headrests provide versatile cabin space.
2018 Kia Stinger Interior Photos:
Interior features available on the 2018 Kia Stinger
- Steering wheel-mounted audio, hands-free phone, and cruise control buttons; Steering-wheel-mounted paddle shifters; Drive Mode Select; Trip computer; 3.5-inch Thin Film Transistor (TFT); LCD meter display; Tilt and telescopic steering column; Smart Key with push-button start and immobilizer; Dual-zone automatic temperature control with smart ventilation and cabin air filter; Folding rear center armrest with cup holders; Auto-dimming rear-view mirror; Multi-color LED accent lighting; Overhead sunglasses holder; Under floor storage; Leather seat trim; 12-way power-adjustable driver’s seat with four-way power lumbar support; Eight-way power-adjustable passenger seat with two-way power lumbar support; Heated front seats; 60/40 split-folding rear seat with adjustable rear headrests; Height-adjustable front seat-belt anchors; Leather-wrapped steering wheel and gear shift handle; High gloss black accent trim
Interior features available on the 2018 Kia Stinger Premium
- Supervision Meter Cluster with 7.0-inch Thin Film Transistor (TFT) with color LCD display, Power tilt and telescopic steering wheel with memory seat integration, Auto-dimming mirror with HomeLink® and compass, Driver’s seat Integrated Memory System (IMS)
Interior features available on the 2018 Kia Stinger GT
- 3.5-inch Thin Film Transistor (TFT), LCD meter display, Tilt and telescopic steering column, Auto-dimming rear-view mirror, Sport steering wheel, Aluminum accent trim, Alloy pedals, Aluminum lock door sill scuff plates
Interior features available on the 2018 Kia Stinger GT1
- Supervision Meter Cluster with 7-inch Thin Film Transistor (TFT) with color LCD display, Sport gauges, Power tilt and telescopic steering wheel with memory seat integration, Auto-dimming mirror with HomeLink® and compass, Driver’s seat Integrated Memory System (IMS)
Interior features available on the 2018 Kia Stinger GT2
- Shift-by-Wire gear selector, Quilted Nappa leather seat trim, 16-way power-adjustable driver’s seat with four-way power air-cell lumbar adjustment and two-way side bolster with cushion thigh extension, 12-way power-adjustable passenger’s seat with four-way power lumbar support, Ventilated front seats
2018 Kia Stinger Safety
The 2018 Kia Stinger may get all the attention for its power and design, but its advanced driver assist systems should not be overlooked. To help keep you safe on the road, the 2018 Kia Stinger features available safety technologies such as Blind Spot Collision Warning (BCW) with Lane Change Assist, Rear Traffic Collision Warning (RCCW), Forward Collision Avoidance Assist (FCA) with Pedestrian Detection, and Forward Collision Warning System (FVWS).
Standard Safety Features on the 2018 Kia Stinger
- Rear-Camera Display with dynamic guidelines
- Parking Distance Warning (PDW), front and rear
- Dual front advanced airbags
- Dual front seat mounted side airbags
- Full-length side curtain airbags
- Driver’s side knee airbag
- Front seat-belt pretensioners
- Anti-lock braking system (ABS), four-wheel disc brakes
- Brake Fade Compensation
- Cornering Brake Control (CBC)
- Electronic Stability Control (ESC)
- Traction Control System (TCS)
- Hill Start Assist Control (HAC)
- Tire-Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
- Lower Anchors and Tethers for Children (LATCH)
- Rear child-safety door locks