2018 Mazda6 Overview
With a fresh new design and a much more upscale look on life, the 2018 Mazda6 is taking its place as the flagship passenger car for the Zoom-Zoom brand with impressive poise and premium amenities.
Absolutely Gorgeous: Check out these stunning concept cars from Mazda
[wptab name=”What’s New”]
What’s New for the 2018 Mazda6?
The 2018 Mazda6 has been fully redesigned, with a long, long list of new features. However, the biggest changes are probably the addition of a new turbocharged SKYACTIV-G 2.5-liter engine, which produces 227 hp (on regular gas) or 250 hp (on premium) and 310 lb-ft of torque. In addition, Mazda added two trim levels to promote the Mazda6 to flagship status: Grand Touring Reserve and the range-topping Signature. All of this comes with a starting MSRP bump of a whole $5.
2018 Mazda6 Photos:
2018 Mazda6 Exterior
On the outside, the Mazda6 is now shaped using the brand’s “more mature” iteration of KODO: Soul of Motion design, and can come in the brand’s newest version of its Soul Red color: the new Soul Red Crystal (which seems to add a bit of a deeper, bluer dimension to the color).
2018 Mazda6 Exterior Photos:
Exterior features available on the 2018 Mazda6 Sport
- LED headlights with auto-leveling, LED Daytime Running Lights, Auto-off headlights, Variable-intermittent windshield wipers, Body colored power side mirrors with integrated turn signals, Integrated rear-window antenna, LED Combination Taillights, Dual exhaust outlets with chrome tips, 17-inch aluminum alloy wheels with Gun Metallic finish
Exterior features available on the 2018 Mazda6 Touring
- High Beam Control, Auto on/off headlights, Rain-sensing windshield wipers, Power moonroof, 19-inch alloy wheels
Exterior features available on the 2018 Mazda6 Grand Touring
- Heated exterior side mirrors, Auto-dimming driver-side exterior mirror
Exterior features available on the 2018 Mazda6 Grand Touring Reserve
- 19-inch alloy wheels with brilliant Silver finish, Rear Lip Spoiler, LED lighting signature headlights, Front Lower Molding, Windshield Wiper De-icer
Exterior features available on the 2018 Mazda6 Signature
- Gunmetal front grille
2018 Mazda6 Performance
The 2018 Mazda6 comes with one of two engines. First up is the SKYACTIV-G 2.5, a naturally-aspirated 2.5-liter four-cylinder engine, which itself got a once-over to reduce internal friction and improve efficiency and produces 187 hp and 186 lb-ft of torque. This engine also comes with a new technology for four-cylinder engines: cylinder deactivation. It is standard on the Sport and Touring trim levels.
Once you get to the Grand Touring level, that engine is replaced by the SKYACTIV-G 2.5T, a turbocharged 2.5-liter engine which boosts the power to 227 hp on regular, or 250 hp on premium, and 310 lb-ft of torque. This is the same engine currently being offered on the CX-9, the flagship of Mazda’s crossover lineup.
2018 Mazda6 Efficiency
The 2018 Mazda6’s fuel efficiency figures depend on the engine and on the transmission. At the base, the naturally-aspirated 2.5-liter engine makes 24/33/27 mpg city/highway/combined with the manual, or 26/35/29 mpg city/highway/combined with the automatic. The turbocharged engine, though, is only available with an automatic transmission, and delivers 23/31/26 mpg city/highway/combined.
2018 Mazda6 Interior
The interior of the Mazda6 has seen a lot of feature upgrades, particularly adding a host of enhancements to the new range-topping trims like Sen Wood trim elements, Nappa leather seating, and a full-color Active Driving Display with Traffic Sign Recognition. However, even the base trim includes premium features, including dual-zone automatic climate control and push-button ignition.
2018 Mazda6 Interior Photos:
Interior features available on the 2018 Mazda6 Sport
- Dual-zone automatic climate control with pollen filter, Remote keyless entry system with “answer back” feature, Push-button start, Driver and passenger-side covered visor vanity mirrors, Tilt & telescopic steering column, Cloth-trimmed sport seats, Six-way manual driver’s seat with manual lumbar support and height adjustment, Six-way manual front passenger seat , 60/40 split fold-down rear seatback with remote trunk operation, Leather-wrapped steering wheel, Leather-wrapped gear selector, Steering wheel-mounted controls
- Two 12-volt power outlets, 8-inch full-color touch screen display, AM/FM/MP3-compatible audio system with six speakers, Bluetooth® hands-free phone and audio capability, MAZDA CONNECT™ Infotainment System, HD Radio™, Aha™ internet radio integration, Pandora® internet radio integration, Stitcher™ internet radio integration, Auxiliary-audio input jack, USB audio input
Interior features available on the 2018 Mazda6 Touring
- Rear air conditioning vents, Leatherette-trimmed sport seats, Six-way power driver’s seat with manual lumbar support, Illuminated vanity mirrors, Heated front seats, Rear seat center armrest with storage and two USB charging ports
- Mazda advanced keyless entry, Smart Brake Support System with Collision Warning, Mazda Radar Cruise Control with Stop & Go, Lane departure warning, Lane Keep Assist System, Advanced Smart City Brake Support
Interior features available on the 2018 Mazda6 Grand Touring
- Auto-dimming rear view mirror with Homelink®, Paddle shifters on steering wheel
- Bose 11-speaker sound system, Mazda navigation system, SiriusXM® satellite radio (with 4-month trial subscription)
Interior features available on the 2018 Mazda6 Grand Touring Reserve
- Leather-trimmed sport seats, Eight-Way power driver’s seat with power lumbar support, Unified driving position memory, Six-way power front passenger seat, Driver’s seat memory, Heated steering wheel, Ventilated front seats, Heated rear seats
- Full-colored Active Driving Display with Traffic Sign Recognition, Adaptive Front-lighting System
Interior features available on the 2018 Mazda6 Signature
- Frameless rearview mirror, Leather-wrapped steering wheel with unique stitching, Glove compartment storage with bright finish knob, Overhead Console with LED Courtesy Lamps, Door Sash Tape (Matte type finish), Nappa Leather Seats, Bright power seat switches with trim finish, Black headliner, Sen Wood trim inserts, Ultrasuede trim inserts
- 7-inch TFT LCD meter display, 360⁰ View Monitor with front and rear sensors
2018 Mazda6 Safety
To start with, the 2018 Mazda6 of course comes with the typical safety systems, including 3-point safety belts, LATCH rear child safety seat anchors and tethers, and front and side airbag systems. In addition, the Mazda6 now includes low-speed automatic braking on all models, as well as Blind-Spot Monitoring and Rear Cross-Traffic Alert.
Standard Safety Features on the 2018 Mazda6
- Advanced front air bags with seat belt-use, passenger-weight sensors
- Front seat-mounted side-impact air bags and side-impact air curtains
- Anti-lock Brake System (ABS) with Electronic Brake Force Distribution (EBD) & Brake Assist
- Dynamic Stability Control (DSC) and Traction Control System (TCS)
- Hill Launch Assist
- Rearview Camera
- Blind Spot Monitoring with Rear Cross Traffic Alert
- Smart City Brake Support
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
- LATCH child safety seat lower anchors & upper tethers
Just the Best: Mazda has been named U.S. News’ Best Car Brand of 2018