2019 BMW i8 Overview
The very first BMW i8 made its debut at the 2013 International Motor Show Germany, wowing guests with its efficient powertrain and impeccable style. Once the vehicle went on sale in 2014 and the butterfly doors of the plug-in hybrid opened up, there was no stopping this innovative vehicle. Move ahead four years and we’ve been introduced to the 2019 iteration of the i8, which is available as a Coupe or a Roadster.
Make it Truly Yours: BMW offers a plethora of luxury accessories
[wptab name= “What’s New”]
What’s new for the 2019 BMW i8?
From its start, the i8 was only available as a two-door coupe. But for the 2019 model year, you can enjoy the wind in your hair as you ride in a roadster variant of the i8. The 2019 BMW i8 Roadster is expected to get a longer range with its battery and will have just two seats, allowing room for the retractable soft-top to be stored where the back seats previously were. (The Coupe still has four seats.)
2019 BMW i8 Photos:
[wptab name= “Exterior”]
2019 BMW i8 Exterior
As with any BMW vehicle, the first thing you notice when the 2019 i8 is approaching is its signature BMW kidney grille. From there, the i8 is adorned with sweeping lines and features a low, wide stance. You’ll have the option to choose from six remarkable paint and accent colors, including the standout E-Copper with Frozen Grey. The soft-top of each Roadster is black, but the same exterior colors and accents on the Coupe are offered for the Roadster.
2019 BMW i8 Exterior Photos:
Exterior features available on 2019 BMW i8 Coupe:
- BMW i “U-shape” LED brake lights; Carbon-fiber-reinforced plastic roof with UV protection and tinted clear vision coating; Thermoplastic front bumper, front fender, and rear bumpers; Power-folding, heated side mirrors; Scissor door design with lifting and turning function upward toward the front
Exterior features available on 2019 BMW i8 Roadster:
- Power-retractable soft-top, Automatically raising rear window, i8 logo projection on doors
[wptab name= “Performance”]
2019 BMW i8 Performance
Both the 2019 BMW i8 Coupe and Roadster are powered by a 1.5-liter TwinPower Turbo three-cylinder engine with an AC Synchronous Electric Motor. The engine is mated to a six-speed automatic while the motor is paired with a two-speed automatic. This allows the 2019 i8 to achieve a total system output of 369 horsepower and 420 lb-ft of torque.
[wptab name= “Efficiency”]
2019 BMW i8 Efficiency
According to the EPA, the 2019 BMW i8 can get up to 69 MPGe combined for city and highway driving, when using electricity and gasoline. On just premium gasoline, the 2019 i8 can achieve 27 MPG combined. On battery alone, the 2019 BMW i8 is capable of 18 miles of range, thanks to an 11.6-kWh high-capacity lithium-ion battery.
[wptab name= “Interior”]
2019 BMW i8 Interior
A sophisticated interior awaits you in the 2019 BMW i8. With heated leather seating, a leather-wrapped sport steering wheel with paddle shifters, and a Harman Kardon® premium sound system, you’ll feel completely at home in this luxurious vehicle. Both sporty and comfortable, the 2019 BMW i8 interior was designed with practicality and opulence in mind.
2019 BMW i8 Interior Photos:
Interior features available on 2019 BMW i8 Coupe and Roadster:
- Three-stage heated front seats; Ivory White or Black leather; Three-spoke, leather-wrapped, multi-function, sport steering wheel with paddle shifters; Rear window defroster; Electric flow heater
Radio and technology features available on 2019 BMW i8 Coupe and Roadster:
- Cruise control, Harman Kardon® Premium Sound Audio System with 11 speakers, iDrive system with on-board computer and touchpad Controller, Instrument cluster with 8.8-inch high-resolution touchscreen, BMW Navigation Professional system, Advanced Real Time Traffic Information
[wptab name= “Safety”]
2019 BMW i8 Safety
Each 2019 BMW i8 is equipped with a variety of helpful safety features, ensuring you can enjoy a sporty drive worry-free. Along with expected items like an anti-lock braking system and impact sensors, the 2019 i8 features Active Driving Assistant with Surround View, which includes a Frontal Collision Warning, City Collision Mitigation, Pedestrian Protection, and speed limit information. To top it all off, each 2019 BMW i8 comes with a 3-year/36,000-mile complimentary scheduled maintenance warranty and an 8-year/100,000-mile warranty for the hybrid powertrain components.
Standard safety features on the 2019 BMW i8:
- Anti-theft alarm system
- Active Driving Assistant with Surround View (includes Speed Limit Info, Frontal Collision Warning, Pedestrian Protection, and City Collision Mitigation)
- BMW Assist eCall™ includes Emergency Request (SOS button) and Enhanced Automatic Collision Notification
- Anti-lock Braking System (ABS)
- Impact sensor that activates Battery Safety Terminal disconnect of starter generator, fuel pump, and high-voltage battery; automatically unlocks doors and turns on hazard and interior lights
- Driver’s and passenger’s front airbag supplemental restraint system (SRS) with advanced technology: dual-threshold, dual-stage deployment, and front-passenger-seat sensors
- Front Head Protection System
- BMW Remote Services
[wptab name= “Video”]
2019 BMW i8 Roadster Walk-Around Video
Thinking of Buying? Use this helpful tool to determine your payments