2019 Buick Regal TourX Overview
2018 marked the inaugural year for the Buick Regal TourX, Buick’s station wagon variant of its Regal sedan. While most station wagons don’t sell all that well in the U.S., the Regal TourX actually managed to help boost sales for the Regal lineup as a whole.
As such, the Buick Regal TourX returned in 2019 for its sophomore outing. While the 2019 Buick Regal TourX is practically identical to its 2018 counterpart, the vehicle’s sales success proves that shouldn’t be a problem for Buick drivers.
Restyling the Regal: Redesigned Buick Regal gaining new body styles
[wptab name=”What’s New”]
What’s New for the 2019 Buick Regal TourX?
The Buick Regal TourX is only experiencing one major change for the 2019 model year: the addition of an ionizing cabin air cleaner for the vehicle’s Essence trim.
The 2019 Buick Regal TourX is available at three trim levels: the 1SV, Preferred, and Essence.
2019 Buick Regal TourX Photos:
2019 Buick Regal TourX Exterior
The 2019 Buick Regal TourX’s exterior look is strikingly different than its Sportback cousin. Additionally, the TourX has a set of exterior features you won’t find with the Regal Sportback.
Custom cladding surrounds the TourX’s 18-inch machine-faced aluminum wheels. The 2019 Regal TourX can even be outfitted with available roof rack cross rails and front cornering lamps.
2019 Buick Regal TourX Exterior Photos:
Exterior features available on the 2019 Buick Regal TourX 1SV:
- Acoustic front side glass; Solar absorbing glass; Halogen headlamps with flash-to-pass feature, automatic on/off, and automatic delay; 18-inch machine-faced aluminum wheels with painted pockets; LED Daytime Running Lamps; Fog lamps; Outside, heated, power-adjustable mirrors; P235/50R18 all-season blackwall tires; LED tail lamps
Additional exterior features available on the 2019 Buick Regal TourX Preferred:
- Available front cornering lamps, Automatic headlamp leveling system, Available panoramic power moonroof, Available roof rack cross rails, Available wheel locks
Additional exterior features available on the 2019 Buick Regal TourX Essence
- Heated, driver-side, auto-dimming, power-adjustable outside mirrors; Memory setting for outside mirrors; Hands-free power programmable liftgate with LED logo projection
2019 Buick Regal TourX Performance
The standard powertrain for the Buick Regal TourX is a 2.0-liter Turbo four-cylinder engine, complete with VVT. Utilizing this engine model, the Regal TourX has access to 250 horsepower and 295 lb-ft of torque.
2019 Buick Regal TourX Efficiency
Due to its wagon body style, the 2019 Buick Regal TourX is slightly less efficient than its Regal Sportback counterpart. The TourX achieves 21 mpg in the city and 29 mpg on the highway.
2019 Buick Regal TourX Interior
Inside the cabin of the 2019 Buick Regal TourX, drivers will discover plenty of amenities to become enamored with. Amenities like heated front seats and leather seating throughout can be added to the TourX model.
Additionally, the 2019 Buick Regal TourX’s features are also advanced. The Buick Infotainment System comes standard with a 7-inch diagonal touch screen, while the Driver Confidence II package adds technologies like Adaptive Cruise Control and Forward Collision Alert.
2019 Buick Regal TourX Interior Photos:
Interior features available on the 2019 Buick Regal TourX 1SV:
- Comfort and Seating: Front visors with illuminated vanity mirrors, Floor mats, Four-way manually-adjustable front passenger seat, Six-way manually-adjustable driver seat, Air conditioning, Manual tilt and telescopic steering column, 60/40 split-folding rear seat, Air filtration system, Inside rearview mirror, Two-way adjustable front head restraints, Interior humidity sensor
- Technology: OnStar 4G LTE and built-in Wi-Fi hotspot, Theft-deterrent alarm system, Cruise Control, USB ports, Remote panic alarm, Keyless Open and Start, Eight-point digital compass, Active Noise Cancellation, Buick Infotainment System with 7-inch diagonal color touch screen, Premium seven-speaker audio system
Additional interior features available on the 2019 Buick Regal TourX Preferred:
- Comfort and Seating: Leather-wrapped steering wheel, Available Summer/Winter Package (cargo tray, all-weather floor mats, premium carpet floor mats), Two-way power-adjustable lumbar driver seat controls, Eight-way power-adjustable driver seat, Available cargo net, Available collapsible cargo area organizer, Available illuminated front door sill plates, Available universal tablet holder
- Technology: Available Driver Confidence Package I (Rear Cross Traffic Alert, Lane Change Alert with Side Blind Zone Alert, Rear Park Assist, LED headlamps), Available Sights and Sounds Package (Onscreen vehicle navigation, Bose® premium eight-speaker audio system, Remote vehicle starter system, Enhanced Driver Information Center; HD Radio™ technology on Preferred trim), Available 4.2-inch diagonal multi-color driver information screen, Available Buick Infotainment System with Navigation and 8-inch diagonal color touch screen, Available Remote Start
Additional interior features available on the 2019 Buick Regal TourX Essence:
- Comfort and Seating: Heated steering wheel, Heated driver and front passenger seats, Leather-appointed seating, Ambient interior lighting, Dual-zone automatic climate control, Memory setting for driver seat position, Two-way power-adjustable lumbar support for front passenger, Available four-way power-adjustable lumbar support for driver and front passenger, Eight-way power-adjustable front passenger seat
- Technology: SiriusXM® Satellite Radio with three trial months, 4.2-inch diagonal multi-color driver information screen, Driver Confidence Package II (Adaptive Cruise Control, Forward Automatic Braking, Front Pedestrian Braking, Lane Keep Assist with Lane Departure Warning, Forward Collision Alert, Following Distance Indicator), Buick Infotainment System with navigation and 8-inch diagonal color touch screen, Available wireless charging
2019 Buick Regal TourX Safety
In addition to its lifted ride height, the 2019 Buick Regal TourX comes equipped with a fleet of safety features for on-road security. A rear vision camera allows drivers to see what’s behind them, while StabiliTrak helps them maintain control in less-than-ideal conditions.
Standard safety features for the 2019 Buick Regal TourX include:
- StabiliTrak stability control system
- OnStar and Buick connected Services capability
- Passenger sensing system
- Teen Driver
- LATCH system
- Buick Connected Access with 10 years of standard connectivity
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System
- Tire inflator kit
- Rear vision camera
- Air bag system
Additional Buick Model Overhauls: 2018 Buick LaCrosse Avenir Debut
The News Wheel is a digital auto magazine providing readers with a fresh perspective on the latest car news. We’re located in the heart of America (Dayton, Ohio) and our goal is to deliver an entertaining and informative perspective on what’s trending in the automotive world. See more articles from The News Wheel.