2019 Chevrolet Bolt EV Overview
The 2019 Bolt EV is Chevrolet’s greatest all-electric vehicle so far, with more than 200 miles of range and priced to be available to the mass market. It is widely regarded as one of the top electric vehicles on the market today.
What’s New for the 2019 Chevrolet Bolt EV?
Not much is different for the 2019 Bolt EV. It gets three new colors: Green Mist Metallic, Shock, and Slate Gray Metallic. On the other hand, it cuts Orange Burst Metallic and Arctic Blue, and also expands access to the Driver Confidence II package to LT models. Otherwise, it carries over the same.
The 2019 Bolt EV is a compact vehicle, and shares much of its design with its longer cousin, the Volt plug-in hybrid. Two of the new colors are available on other Chevrolet products, but the new Shock color is a neon green that definitely lives up to its name.
Exterior features available on the 2019 Chevrolet Bolt EV LT
- Michelin® Energy™ Saver all-season tires with Selfseal® technology, 17-inch painted aluminum wheels, Automatic on/off headlamps, Body-color door handles, LED center high-mounted stop/brake lamp, Front intermittent wipers, High-Intensity Discharge headlamps, LED Daytime Running Lamps, LED taillamps, Black heated power outside mirrors, Rear intermittent wiper, Body-color shark fin antenna
Exterior features available on the 2019 Chevrolet Bolt EV Premier
- 17-inch Ultra-Bright machined aluminum wheels with painted pockets, Body-color door handles with chrome strip, Black heated power outside mirrors with integrated turn signal indicators, Roof-mounted side rails
The 2019 Bolt EV gets its power from a single electric motor and gearset, producing 200 horsepower and 266 lb-ft of torque. This gives the small vehicle a surprising, nimble performance, particularly with its electric driving characteristics.
The 2019 Chevy Bolt EV uses a 60-kWh lithium-ion battery pack, for an EPA-estimated range of 238 miles. When charging, at 120V (or a regular household outlet) it gets about 4 miles of charge each hour, and at 240V will fully charge from empty in 9.3 hours. With the optional DC fast charger, the Bolt EV can charge up to 90 miles in 30 minutes.
The interior of the Bolt EV has a tendency to surprise critics with its space, since the battery packaging under the floor allows a surprising amount of room. Specifically, the Bolt EV offers 94.4 cubic feet of passenger volume. For cargo, behind the rear seat the Bolt EV has 16.9 cubic feet of space, and maximum storage space of 56.6 cubic feet of volume.
Interior features available on the 2019 Chevrolet Bolt EV LT
- Deluxe steering wheel, Six-way manual driver seat, Six-way manual front passenger seat, Cargo cover, Cargo storage for charging cord, Front and rear carpeted floor mats, Chrome interior door handles, Front bucket seats, Inside rearview manual day/night mirror, Ambient LED-based interior lighting, Leather-trimmed shift knob with Satin Silver and Chrome accents, 60/40 split-folding rear seat, Automatic climate control, Steering-wheel-mounted controls, Manual tilt and telescoping steering column
- 120-volt portable charge cord, 7.2 kW onboard charger, Electronic transmission selector for Regen On Demand™, Electronic parking brake, Keyless push-button start, Regen on Demand™ steering wheel paddle, Six-speaker audio system, 8-inch diagonal enhanced multi-color configurable Driver Information Center, Chevrolet Infotainment System with 10.2-inch diagonal color touch screen, Bluetooth® streaming audio for music and select phones, Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™ capability, Voice-activated technology for radio and phone, Drive Mode Selector, Keyless Open and Start, Location-based charging, 12-volt power outlet, Programmable vehicle charging, Rear Vision Camera, Remote Keyless Entry, Remote Start, SiriusXM® Radio trial, Teen Driver, Dual USB ports, Built-in 4G LTE Wi-Fi® hotspot
Interior features available on the 2019 Chevrolet Bolt EV Premier
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel, Automatic heated steering wheel, False cargo floor, Front passenger seatback map pocket, Heated driver and front passenger seats, Heated rear outboard seats, Interior ambient instrument panel lamp, Rear center armrest
- Lane Change Alert with Side Blind Zone Alert, Rear Camera Mirror, Rear Cross Traffic Alert, Rear Park Assist, Surround Vision
The NHTSA gave the Bolt EV full marks for 2018 at five out of five stars (and the car hasn’t changed structurally since then). The IIHS also gave the 2018 Chevrolet Bolt good marks, with top ratings in all crash tests and superior front crash prevention. The Bolt did not do well, however, on the IIHS’ headlight tests, with a poor rating.
Standard Safety Features on the 2019 Chevrolet Bolt EV
- Four-wheel antilock disc brakes
- StabiliTrak® electronic stability control system with traction control
- LATCH System
- Rear Vision Camera
- Teen Driver
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System
- 10 airbags
- Chevrolet Connected Access with 10 years of standard connectivity
- OnStar® and Chevrolet Connected Services capable
- Pedestrian Safety Signal
- Tire Fill Alert
More Chevy: Check out the 2018 Chevy Spark