2019 Chevrolet Colorado Overview
The Chevrolet Colorado is a mid-size truck, for those who want Chevy’s truck prowess, but don’t need the expense or size of the Silverado. Due to its popularity, it comes in a variety of forms, from the bare-bones base model to the luxurious Z71 model and off-road-ready ZR2.
Being Ready: Do you know what to do if you are in an accident?
Chevrolet is planning a refresh of the Colorado pretty shortly, but before that happens, it has unleashed a long, long list of small updates for the mid-size truck. In the interest of completeness, we will list them out here.
- Delete four colors: Centennial Blue Metallic, Wheatland Yellow, Deepwood Green Metallic, and Graphite Metallic
- Adding three colors: Crush (orange), Shadow Gray Metallic, and Pacific Blue Metallic
- ZR2 models now get black Bowties and new wheel design
- New Chevrolet Infotainment System on 7- and 8-inch touch screens
- New USB port setup: one type-A port (the familiar rectangular USB port), one type-C port (a smaller, rounded rectangular port), one SD car rear, and one auxiliary input jack
- New second microphone on the passenger side
- New HD Rear Vision Camera on LT, Z71, and ZR2 models
- New Ultrasonic Rear Park Assist on Z71, available on Work Truck and LT models
- Delete two packages: Colorado Centennial Edition and Shoreline Special Edition
- Luxury package now includes heated steering wheel
- Safety package now includes Rear Park Assist
The exterior of the 2019 Colorado, despite net losing one exterior color, still comes in an impressive variety of different paints. This includes two reds, two blues, five shades of black/white/silver, and one vivid shade of orange.
In addition, the Colorado can come in three configurations, depending on your cab type (Crew or Extended) and your box length (Short or Long). The exterior also changes if you choose the ZR2 trim, which adds the Off-Road appearance package, increased track width, and higher ground clearance.
Exterior features available on the 2019 Chevrolet Colorado
- 16-inch Ultra Silver metallic steel wheels, 18-inch compact spare tire, Black beltline moldings, Black door handles, Black manual outside mirrors, Black tailgate handle, Cab-mounted cargo area lamps, Chrome rear bumper, CornerStep rear bumper, Daytime Running Lamps, Automatic on/off halogen headlamps, Locking tailgate
Exterior features available on the 2019 Chevrolet Colorado WT
- Same as on base trim
Exterior features available on the 2019 Chevrolet Colorado LT
- 17-inch Blade Silver metallic cast aluminum wheels, Body-color door handles, Body-color power outside mirrors, Body-color rear bumper, Chrome beltline moldings, Spotter mirror
Exterior features available on the 2019 Chevrolet Colorado Z71
- Black recovery hooks, Automatic locking rear differential, Off-Road suspension, 16-inch steel spare wheel, 17-inch Dark Argent metallic cast aluminum wheels, Black beltline moldings, Body-color heated power outside mirrors, EZ-Lift and Lower tailgate, Fog lamps, Manual sliding rear window, Projector-beam headlamps
Exterior features available on the 2019 Chevrolet Colorado ZR2
- Autotrac® 2-speed transfer case, Driver-selectable full-locking front differential, Driver-selectable full-locking rear differential, Off-Road rocker protection, 2-inch receiver hitch, 4-pin and 7-pin connectors, Transfer case shield, 17-inch all-terrain blackwall spare tire, 17-inch aluminum wheels, 17-inch spare aluminum wheel, Black rear bumper, Off-Road Appearance Package, Spray-on bedliner
The 2019 Colorado offers three engine options. At the base, the engine is a 2.5-liter four-cylinder, which makes 200 horsepower and 191 lb-ft of torque. For more horsepower, though, there is a 3.6-liter V6 engine, which makes 308 horsepower and 275 lb-ft of torque (best-in-class horsepower). Finally, for top torque and best-in-class towing, there is an optional 2.8-liter Duramax® turbocharged four-cylinder diesel engine, which makes 181 horsepower and 369 lb-ft of torque.
The 2019 Colorado has different efficiency numbers depending on the engine, drivetrain configuration, and whether or not it is on the ZR2 model. For simplicity’s sake, here are the different combinations:
- 5-liter engine with two-wheel drive: 20/26/22 mpg city/highway/combined
- 5-liter engine with four-wheel drive: 19/24/21 mpg city/highway/combined
- 6-liter engine with two-wheel drive: 18/25/20 mpg city/highway/combined
- 6-liter engine with four-wheel drive: 17/24/19 mpg city/highway/combined
- 6-liter engine on the ZR2 model: 16/18/17 mpg city/highway/combined
- 8-liter turbo-diesel with two-wheel drive: 20/30/23 mpg city/highway/combined
- 8-liter turbo-diesel with four-wheel drive: 19/28/22 mpg city/highway/combined
- 8-liter turbo-diesel on the ZR2: 18/22/19 mpg city/highway/combined
The interior of the 2019 Colorado is largely dependent on the body style and trim level chosen. Features range from the basic in the base trim to premium in the Z71 and ZR2 trims.
Interior features available on the 2019 Chevrolet Colorado
- Two-way manual front passenger seat, Four-way power driver seat, Black interior door handles, Manual tilt steering column, Power windows with driver express-up/down, Rubberized vinyl floor covering, Single-zone climate control
- Six-speaker audio system, Chevrolet Infotainment 3 System with 7-inch diagonal color touch screen, AM/FM stereo, Bluetooth® audio streaming, Enhanced voice recognition, Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™ capability, Dual USB ports, Auxiliary input, Rear Vision Camera, Teen Driver
Interior features available on the 2019 Chevrolet Colorado WT
- Carpeted floor covering, Dual rear seats with underseat storage, Front carpeted floor mats, Rear carpeted floor mats
Interior features available on the 2019 Chevrolet Colorado LT
- Six-way power driver seat, Chrome interior door handles, Driver and front passenger visors with illuminated mirrors, Overhead courtesy lamp, Dual reading lights, Leather-wrapped steering wheel, Manual tilt and telescoping steering column, Overhead console, Steering-wheel-mounted controls
- 4.2-inch diagonal color Driver Information Center, Built-in 4G LTE Wi-Fi® hotspot, Charging-only USB ports, Chevrolet Infotainment 3 Plus System with 8-inch diagonal HD color touch screen, Cruise control, HD Radio™, HD Rear Vision Camera, Driver-side and passenger-side microphones, Remote Keyless Entry, SiriusXM® Radio, Chevrolet Connected Access with 10 years of standard connectivity, OnStar® and Chevrolet Connected Services capable
Interior features available on the 2019 Chevrolet Colorado Z71
- Four-way power front passenger seat, Automatic climate control, Heated driver and front passenger seats, Heated steering wheel, Inside rearview auto-dimming mirror, Power driver and front passenger lumbar control, Rear window defogger
- Hill Descent Control, Rear Park Assist, Remote start, Wireless charging
Interior features available on the 2019 Chevrolet Colorado ZR2
- Integrated trailer brake controller, Tow/Haul Mode, Trailering assist guidelines
As standard equipment, the 2019 Colorado comes with the normal assortment of safety systems, including three-point seatbelts, a tire pressure monitoring system, and airbags. It also has some standard features that are a bit more unique compared to the competition, including GM’s Teen Driver system and a Rear Vision Camera. Available features, though, include such systems as Forward Collision Alert, Lane Departure Warning, and Rear Park Assist.
Standard Safety Features on the 2019 Chevrolet Colorado
- Six airbags
- Rear Vision Camera
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System
- Electronic traction control
- StabiliTrak electronic stability control system with traction control
More Chevy Trucks: The 2019 Silverado will be getting a turbocharged four-cylinder engine