2019 Chevrolet Cruze Hatchback Overview
The hatchback variation of the Chevrolet Cruze passenger car is a relatively new addition to the Chevrolet lineup. Nevertheless, it has arguably matched the popularity of its traditional sedan counterpart.
Both the Chevrolet Cruze Sedan and the Chevrolet Cruze Hatchback are set to receive a refresh for the 2019 model year. Such alterations prove that Chevy isn’t ready to give up on the compact hatchback segment.
More Chevy Cruze Details: Chevrolet Cruze model overview
[wptab name=”What’s New”]
What’s New for the 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Hatchback?
The most notable change for the Chevrolet Cruze Hatchback is a new front fascia design. Additionally, the 2019 Cruze Hatchback receives a new Chevrolet Infotainment 3 system, complete with standard 7-inch diagonal touch screen display.
The 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Hatchback is available at four trim levels: LS, LT, Premier, Diesel.
2019 Chevrolet Cruze Hatchback Photos:
2019 Chevrolet Cruze Hatchback Exterior
The Cruze Hatchback’s most notable changes for the 2019 model year are its refreshed exterior looks. The hatchback also comes complete with a suite of exterior amenities, such as solar-absorbing glass and a rear spoiler.
2019 Chevrolet Cruze Hatchback Exterior Photos:
Exterior features available on the 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Hatchback LS:
- Black beltline moldings, Available fog lamps kit, Available painted bodyside moldings, Available wheel locks, Power windows and door locks, Power outside mirrors, Solar-absorbing glass, Front intermittent wipers, Compact spare tire, Daytime Running Lamps, Rear spoiler, Available front and rear splash guards, Available Illuminated Gold bowtie emblem, Rear window defogger, Body-color door handles, Available chrome bodyside moldings, Rear intermittent wiper, Halogen twin reflector headlamps with automatic on/off feature, 195/65R15 all-season blackwall tires, 15-inch steel wheels with bolt-on covers, Rear folding bench seat, Available Bright Chrome accent grille, Available front and rear black bowtie emblems
Additional exterior features available on the 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Hatchback LT:
- Compact spare wheel, Available 17-inch RS black machined aluminum wheels with black bowtie center caps, Available heated power-adjustable outside mirrors, Available power sunroof, 205/55R16 all-season blackwall tires, Available Black Nameplate Package, Available RS Package, Available black beltline moldings, Bright beltline moldings, Available Performance Brake Package, Available RS badging and rear spoiler, Halogen projector-beam headlamps with LED signature, LED Daytime Running Lamps, Available fog lamps, 16-inch aluminum wheels
Additional exterior features available on the 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Hatchback Premier:
- Heated power-adjustable outside mirrors, LED-accented taillamps, 17-inch aluminum wheels, 225/45R17 all-season blackwall tires
Additional exterior features available on the 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Hatchback Diesel:
- 16-inch aluminum wheels, Available heated power-adjustable outside mirrors, 205/55R16 all-season blackwall tires
2019 Chevrolet Cruze Hatchback Performance
The Cruze Hatchback’s standard 1.4-liter ECOTEC turbocharged four-cylinder engine delivers 153 horsepower and 177 lb-ft of torque. Meanwhile, the vehicle’s diesel powertrain produces a boosted 240 lb-ft of torque at the expense of a lower 137 horsepower performance.
2019 Chevrolet Cruze Hatchback Efficiency
For a compact hatchback model, the 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Hatchback manages to be rather efficient. Its standard powertrain grants the Cruze Hatchback 28 mpg in the city and 37 mpg on the highway.
For an even more efficient ride, drivers should opt for the available 1.6-liter ECOTEC turbo diesel four-cylinder engine. With this powertain, the Cruze Hatchback can reach a fuel economy of 30 mpg in the city and 45 mpg on the highway.
2019 Chevrolet Cruze Hatchback Interior
While the most notable changes for the Chevy Cruze Hatchback are on the outside, the interior sees some new features as well. For example, the Chevrolet Infotainment 3 System, equipped with a 7-inch diagonal color touch screen, is a standard option for the new Chevy Cruze Hatchback.
Other available technologies include Lane Keep Assist with Lane Departure Warning and a Bose premium nine-speaker system. To create more comfort within the cabin, the Chevrolet Cruze Hatchback can also come equipped with available heated front seats.
2019 Chevrolet Cruze Hatchback Interior Photos:
Interior features available on the 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Hatchback LS:
- Comfort and Seating: Roof-rear courtesy lighting, Six-way manually-adjustable driver seat, Manual tilt and telescoping steering column, Two-way manually-adjustable front passenger seat, Lighting in trunk/cargo area, Available illuminated front door sill plates, Cloth seat trim, Inside rearview manual day/night mirror, Overhead courtesy lamp, Driver and front passenger visors, Available stainless-steel front door sill plates, Air conditioning, Front carpeted floor mats, Floor-mounted rear air ducts, Console with armrest, Cargo cover, Available Jet Black cloth seat trim, Available premium carpeted floor mats, Available all-weather floor mats, Cabin humidity sensor, Available steering wheel-mounted controls
- Technology: Android Auto, Apple CarPlay, Available Remote Start, Driver information center, Chevrolet Infotainment 3 System with 7-inch diagonal color touch screen, Engine immobilizer theft-deterrent system, Remote panic alarm, Remote Keyless Entry, Voice recognition, Built-in 4G LTE Wi-Fi hotspot, Four-speaker audio system, Bluetooth, USB ports, Available Cruise Control
Additional interior features available on the 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Hatchback LT:
- Comfort and Seating: Available heated front seats, Rear center armrest, Single-zone automatic climate control, Steering wheel-mounted controls, 60/40 split-folding rear bench seat, Deluxe steering wheel, Available driver and front passenger visors with illuminated mirrors, Available heated front seats, Interior overhead courtesy lamp and dual reading lamps, Rear carpeted floor mats, Available premium carpeted cargo mat, Available eight-way power-adjustable driver seat
- Technology: Six-speaker audio system, Three-month trial subscription of SiriusXM Satellite Radio, Available Driver Confidence Package (includes Rear Park Assist, Lane Change Alert with Side Blind Zone Alert and Rear Cross Traffic Alert), Available Bose premium nine-speaker system, Cruise Control, Remote Start, Powered universal tablet holder, Available Keyless Open and Start
Additional interior features available on the 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Hatchback Premier:
- Comfort and Seating: Eight-way power-adjustable driver seat; Heated front seats; Heated, leather-wrapped steering wheel; Leatherette seat trim; Four-way manually-adjustable front passenger seat; Driver and front passenger visors with illuminated mirrors; Available Jet Black leatherette seat trim
- Technology: Keyless Open and Start, Available Driver Confidence II Package (Low Speed Forward Automatic Braking; Forward Collision Alert; Lane Keep Assist with Lane Departure Warning; Following Distance Indicator; Front Pedestrian Braking; IntelliBeam automatic high beam headlamps; Driver Confidence Package)
Additional interior features available on the 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Hatchback Diesel:
- Comfort and Seating: Available heated driver and front passenger seats, Available eight-way power-adjustable driver seat, Available heated leather-wrapped steering wheel
- Technology: Driver Confidence Package
2019 Chevrolet Cruze Hatchback Safety
The standard safety suite for the 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Hatchback includes many of Chevrolet’s staple safety technologies. Such safety systems include a Rear Vision Camera and the automaker’s Teen Driver mode.
Standard safety features for the 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Hatchback include:
- Rear Vision Camera
- 10 air bags
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System
- Teen Driver
- StabiliTrak electronic stability control system
- OnStar and Chevrolet Connected Services capable
- Chevrolet Connected Access with 10 years of standard connectivity
- LATCH system child restraints
What’s Your Vehicle Worth?: Value my trade-in