Chevrolet Equinox Wins J.D. Power’s Most Dependable Model for Compact SUV Segment
Many Chevy fans prize the Equinox for its well-rounded amenities, intelligent safety features, and accommodating interior. Others appreciate this model for its dog-friendly design, such as the spacious cargo area and versatile seating configurations.
Now, the Equinox adds one more achievement to its growing collection of accolades. J.D. Power recently named the Chevrolet Equinox as the most dependable compact SUV in its 2019 U.S. Vehicle Dependability Study.
About the study
If you’re not familiar with this study, it’s definitely a thorough one that bestows instant prestige on the models that ace it. J.D. Power evaluates 3-year-old model-year vehicles based on consumer-reported problems per 100 vehicles during the past year. The lower the score a model earns, the higher the quality and overall reliability that model has.
An SUV with a family-friendly reputation
The Chevrolet Equinox is definitely worth considering if you’re in the market for a new family-hauler. But this ride boasts more than just a top dependability rating from J.D. Power. It delivers the adaptable interior dimensions and spectrum of advanced technologies that modern consumers want on a compact SUV.
Though older model years of the Equinox have their own distinct qualities, the 2019 version offers the latest amenities and technologies, building on the model’s reputation for durability and craftsmanship.
Tire TLC: Get the lowdown on tire maintenance
- 63.9 cubic feet of cargo space when you fold the rear seats flat
- 3,500-pound maximum towing capacity when properly equipped
- A five-star overall safety rating from the NHTSA
- An efficiency rating of 39 miles per gallon on the highway when equipped with the 1.6-liter turbo-diesel engine
- Teen Driver technology and child security door locks, to accommodate both younger and older child passengers
- Wireless charging and built-in 4G LTE Wi-Fi hotspot so you can work and/or play on the go
Modern Makeover: Accessories to refresh your ride
News Source: J.D. Power