Chevrolet Silverado HD Wins J.D. Power’s Most Dependable Model Title for Its Segment
The Chevrolet Silverado HD emerged victorious from J.D. Power’s 2019 U.S. Vehicle Dependability Study. It secured the title for the most dependable large heavy-duty pickup category, leaving rivals like the Ford Super Duty in the dust.
Vehicle dependability is on the rise
As a whole, this year’s study indicated a 4 percent improvement in overall dependability for three-year-old models. Despite this increased dependability rating, J.D. Power vice president of global automotive Dave Sargent explained that automakers need to keep prioritizing customers if they want to cultivate brand loyalty.
A reliable pickup that meets consumer needs
Valuing customers’ demands and preferences is something that Chevrolet excels at, as evidenced by the Silverado HD. This heavy-duty truck pushes the boundaries of capability while offering a comfortable, high-tech interior for a connected and fun driving experience.
Though older model years of the Silverado HD possess their own unique traits, the 2019 version boasts the latest amenities and technologies. Here are just some of the specs and features this model delivers.
Smart Buyer: Discover the advantages of one-pay leasing
Advantages of the 2019 Silverado HD
- A maximum of 445 horsepower and 910 lb-ft of torque when equipped with the Duramax 6.6-liter Turbo-Diesel V8 engine
- A maximum available towing rated at 23,100 pounds when you choose a properly-equipped 3500HD Crew Cab 2WD DRW model with a fifth-wheel hitch
- Safety technologies such as Tow/Haul Mode, Hill Start Assist, Digital Steering Assist, and StabiliTrak® with Trailer Sway Control
- Noise-dampening cabin materials and triple-sealed doors for a quiet ride quality
- Available leather-appointed front seats with a heated and ventilated function
- An intuitive 7- or 8-inch touch screen Chevrolet Infotainment System with features like Bluetooth® connectivity and an available Bose® sound system
- USB ports, 110-volt power outlet, and available wireless charging pad so you can keep gadgets fully charged on the road
Worn Out? Find new tires with this helpful tool
News Source: J.D. Power
The News Wheel is a digital auto magazine providing readers with a fresh perspective on the latest car news. We’re located in the heart of America (Dayton, Ohio) and our goal is to deliver an entertaining and informative perspective on what’s trending in the automotive world. See more articles from The News Wheel.