Chevy’s 5 Reasons to Choose 2014 Silverado V6
The 2014 Silverado V6 has seen exponential growth in its sales compared to the previous model; currently, the Silverado’s V6 iteration accounts for 20 percent of light-duty pickup sales. The reason for this shift is clear – the strength and refinement of the new EcoTec3 V6 makes this truck a workhorse with better fuel economy. Here is a summary of Chevy’s five reasons the 2014 V6 Silverado is the best bang for your buck.
- Class-leading torque and towing. The Silverado EcoTec3 V6 provides budget-conscious pickup customers with a standard engine that actually does serious work. It’s 4.3-liter engine provides an impressive 305 lb-ft of torque and can tow up to 7,600 lbs. Its aluminum cylinder heads and block saves weight – also improving fuel efficiency.
- Better economy, same performance. The new EcoTec3 V6 performs similarly to the V8 powering older trucks, but with much better fuel economy.
- Save serious money at the pump. The Silverado V6 runs on less-expensive regular gasoline; EPA estimates for annual fuel cost lower than any standard pickup truck in its class.
- Ground-breaking technology. Chevy’s advanced engineering includes direct fuel injection, continuously variable valve timing, and active fuel management.
- A new engine built from 60 years of experience. Year after year, Chevy truck engines continue to prove themselves, even in the roughest of terrains. The fifth generation of the Chevy truck engine incorporates new technologies and introduces unprecedented truck efficiency.
If you’re looking for a truck that can handle the rough and rugged but is also easy on the wallet, the 2014 Silverado V6 may be the perfect truck for your lifestyle.
The News Wheel is a digital auto magazine providing readers with a fresh perspective on the latest car news. We’re located in the heart of America (Dayton, Ohio) and our goal is to deliver an entertaining and informative perspective on what’s trending in the automotive world. See more articles from The News Wheel.