J.D. Power Determines Most Appealing Cars in 2018 APEAL Study
Honda, Nissan, Chrysler, & Ford all take honors in study results
You want to make sure that the new car you’re buying continues to be as appealing to you as it was when you first test drove it. Every year, J.D. Power strives to track the overall appeal of new models through its Automotive Performance, Execution, and Layout Study. Now that J.D. Power released the results of its 2018 APEAL Study, we know which models have scored highest.
Planning a Family Road Trip? These are the 5 best sedans for road trips
Top five models based on 2018 APEAL study results
To determine which models are the most appealing, J.D. Power surveys buyers of new models after they’ve owned the cars for at least 90 days. Based on their responses, the company scores each model based on layout, performance, design, features, safety, and such. The model then receives a Power Circle Rating. For 2018, here are the top five highest-scoring models:
- 2018 Chrysler Pacifica: It’s appreciated for its hybrid powertrain option and plethora of options at affordable price points.
- 2018 Dodge Charger: A family sedan with attitude, it benefits from a strong V8 engine.
- 2018 Honda Accord: After a redesign, the new Accord has lots of safety technology, a spacious cabin, and a big trunk.
- 2018 Nissan Altima: It made driver-assist feature standard and offers lots of options.
- 2018 Nissan Maxima: This model ranks well in appeal every year, and continues to for its driver-centric layout.
J.D. Power uses the results of its annual APEAL Study as part of its buyer’s resources to ensure that shoppers in the auto market are picking the most value-driven, appealing, and reliable models to purchase.
If You’re Buying a Car Soon… Here’s why you need to consider a CPO vehicle
News Source: J.D. Power