List of Most Likely 200,000 Mile Vehicles Includes 7 GM Vehicles, One Car
On Monday, Chris Woodyard of USA Today offered up a list of the top 10 models most likely to be 200,000 mile vehicles. The data, culled from www.iSeeCars.com, was obtained from 30 million listings of vehicles aged from 1981 to 2010 and found that, of the top 12 (nee 10 after a three-way tie for the final spot), only one was a car.
More than half of the top 12 200,000 mile vehicles are manufactured by General Motors: three Chevrolet and four GMC trucks/SUVs. The Chevy Silverado 2500HD came in second (behind the Ford F-250 Super Duty), the Suburban was third, and the Tahoe came in seventh. The GMC Sierra 2500HD ranked sixth, the Yukon XL eighth, and the Sierra 1500 and Yukon tied for 10th.
The figures are based upon the percentage of a model listed are 200,000 mile vehicles. The list is as follows:
- Ford F-250 Super Duty – 4.3 percent
- Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD – 3.6 percent
- Chevrolet Suburban – 3.6 percent
- Toyota 4Runner – 3.5 percent
- Ford Expedition – 3 percent
- GMC Sierra 2500HD – 2.7 percent
- Chevrolet Tahoe – 2.1 percent
- GMC Yukon XL – 1.9 percent
- Toyota Sequoia – 1.7 percent
- GMC Sierra 1500 – 1.6 percent
- GMC Yukon – 1.6 percent
- Honda Accord – 1.6 percent