Of Course Somebody Started a Petition to Change the Mustang Mach-E Name
With the world being in such great sorts these days, folks have to really dig down to find things to be concerned and angry about. When inequality no longer exists and the planet is certainly not remotely close to dying, people turn to the next most logical problem that deserves their rapt, most urgent attention: the name of the 2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E.
The 2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E, which was once originally slated to go by the name Mach 1 before outrage from purists forced Ford to reconsider, is the subject of a new Change.org petition started by Jimmy Dinsmore. The petition, Name Change – Mustang Mach E, seeks to do the very thing you think it seeks to do.
The Ford Mustang Mach E should have the Mustang name and logo removed from it. It goes against the essence of what Mustang stands for in automotive history. It’s insulting to the tens of thousands of Mustang enthusiasts who love the Pony Car and support Ford.
Make Your Own Decision: Learn more about the new 2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E
You can just feel all that beautiful rage seething under every word here. It’s not unexpected, though. The very existence of the Mustang Mach-E is going to be polarizing, and that’s before you even slap the Mustang name on there. But a Change.org petition? C’mon. Is there a bigger jabroni move?
Dinsmore goes on to suggest that the Mach-E carrying the Mustang name is an affront to the late Lee Iacocca, who once said that “The Mustang is a wild horse, not a domesticated racer.” Says that the Mustang Mach-E doesn’t go against the flow. If anything, turning your most beloved car into an electric SUV despite the certainty of backlash from a very vocal segment of your fanbase seems like a pretty firm example of going against the flow.
Dinsmore’s desperate plea for Ford to remove the Mustang name and logo from the Mach-E has, as of press time, earned 14,341 signatures and counting. Among the most convincing arguments for action by signors of the petition:
- “garbage suv branding” – Timothy Milhalko
- “Leave our sports car alone you penny-pinching morons!” – Jeff Coleman
- “It’s not a mustang.” – Rick Randow
- “Ford just stompted on ever mustang owners feet ever….” – Bryan Jansen
- “It’s just not appropriate you should ashame .a mustang is a pony car or muscle car depending the years.made with only 2doors .if you want 4 door family thing .name it with a another name than that.its a slap in the face of all mustang lovers”- Alex Vel
- “Putting lipstick on a pig by marketing a vehicle and just simply slapping a name on it and calling it wedded simply is not and this is not a Mustang nor should it be.” – Rod Ferguson
- “I’m because you make a good point owner of this survey.” – Joseph Gilchrist
- “I OWN A 2006 MUSTANG GT PREMIUM” – Fernando Gonzalez
- “marc tanguay” – Marc Tanguay
Based on Jimmy Dinsmore’s Twitter profile picture, it seems unlikely that he was born anytime between 1946 and 1964. But, boy, if ever there was a move worthy of a hearty OK BOOMER, it’s starting a Change.org petition to have the name of a car changed because you feel like it’s ruining your childhood or something. But good luck, Jimmy! Give ’em hell.
Possible Future Ford Plans: Patent suggests a liftgate-mounted video projector is on the way