2015 Subaru Outback Overview
The 2015 Subaru Outback could probably conquer the terrain of the Australian Outback, or nearly anywhere on earth given the chance. The wagon has been upgraded in 2015 with some new features and a roomier interior. Additionally, the new Outback has a better fuel economy than ever before.
[wptab name=”What’s New”]
What’s New for the 2015 Subaru Outback?
The Subaru Outback receives a new design for 2015. Among its new features are more interior space and features, making the Outback a more comfortable ride. Controls have been altered to be more intuitive to what drivers need. The 2015 Outback also sports a higher fuel economy.
The new 2015 Subaru Outback is available in 2.5i, 2.5i Premium, 2.5i Limited, and 3.6R Limited.
2015 Subaru Outback Photos:
2015 Subaru Outback Exterior
In any condition on any road, the Outback is prepared. Intermittent windshield wipers and rear window wipers make the rain go away. Snow is no challenge either thanks to de-icers on the wipers. Power side mirrors help drivers keep a view of what’s on the road.
2015 Subaru Outback Exterior Photos:
Exterior available on the 2.5i:
- 17” steel wheels, projector halogen headlights on low beam, mulit-reflector high beam headlights, body-colored door handles, black side mirrors, rear window wiper, roof rails
Exterior available on the 2.5i Premium:
- 17” aluminum alloy wheels, body-colored side mirrors and door handles, fog lights, windshield wiper de-icer
Exterior available on the 2.5i Limited:
- 18” aluminum alloy wheels with machine finish, front underguard, steering-responsive fog lights, body-colored side mirrors with integrated turn signals
Exterior available on the 3.6R Limited:
- High-intensity discharge low-beam projector headlights, multi-reflector halogen high-beam headlights
2015 Subaru Outback Performance
The 2.5 models and trims of the Subaru Outback are powered by a 2.5-liter H4 engine. This engine is capable of 175 horsepower. Meanwhile, the 3.6R trim of the Outback gets an extra boost from its 3.6-liter H6 engine. The 3.6R’s engine produces 256 horsepower and 247 lb-ft of torque.
2015 Subaru Outback Efficiency
Fuel economy is better than ever for the Subaru Outback in 2015. The 3.6R trim of the 2015 Subaru Outback has a 20 city mpg and a 27 highway mpg. Fuel economy is even better for the 2.5 trims, which possess a mpg of 25 in the city and an astonishing 33 mpg on the highway.
2015 Subaru Outback Interior
More room in the interior for cargo and supplies has been added to the Subaru Outback. Lighting in the cargo are helps owners get a full glimpse of their supplies. Fold-down rear seatbacks create even more room for cargo. Power door locks keep all the passengers and supplies secure.
2015 Subaru Outback Interior Photos:
Interior available on the 2.5i:
- Reclining rear seats, 60/40 split folding rear seatback, cloth upholstery, silver-metallic trim on doors and console, steering wheel-mounted audio, phone and cruise controls, transmission paddle shifters, 8 cup/bottle holders, cargo-area underfloor storage, removeable cargo-area tray, 2 bag hooks and 4 tiedown hooks in cargo area,
- 6.2” infotainment system, 4-speaker HD Radio® audio system, STARLINK smart phone integration, USB port/iPod® control, Bluetooth® audio streaming and hands-free phone, keyless entry system, anti-theft security system
Interior available on the 2.5i Premium:
- 10-way power adjustable driver’s seat, heated front seats, leather-wrapped steering wheel with integrated controls for audio, dual-zone climate control, phone and cruise, center console with 12-volt power outlet
- 7” touch screen for infotainment system, USB port/iPod® control, 6-speaker HD Radio® premium audio system, STARLINK smart phone integration, SiriusXM Satellite Radio compatibility, Bluetooth® audio streaming and hands-free phone
Interior available on the 2.5i Limited:
- Heated rear seats, matte wood grain accent trim, leather-trimmed upholstery, power rear gate
- 12-speaker HD Radio® audio system, rear cross traffic alert, Harman Kardon amplifier, blind spot detection, keyless access, push-button start
Interior available on the 3.6R Limited:
- Same interior options available on the 2.5i Limited
2015 Subaru Outback Safety
Drivers can embark on journey safely in the new Subaru Outback, thanks to some advanced safety features. Dual front air bags protect drivers form destructive crashes. Active front seat head restraints protect them from the harmful effects of whiplash. Child safety rear door locks protect the little ones during trips.
Standard Safety Features
- Driver and front passenger seat cushion airbags, airbags include front seat side pelvis/torso airbags, and side curtain airbags
- X-MODE traction assist system, hill descent control, vehicle dynamics control, traction control system, brake assist, brake override system, antilock brakes, daytime running lights, incline start assist, rear-vision camera
- Lower Anchors and Tethers for CHildren’s safety seats (LATCH), rear child-safety door locks, reinforcement frame body structure, collapsible steering column,
The News Wheel is a digital auto magazine providing readers with a fresh perspective on the latest car news. We’re located in the heart of America (Dayton, Ohio) and our goal is to deliver an entertaining and informative perspective on what’s trending in the automotive world. See more articles from The News Wheel.