2016 BMW M6 Overview
Drivers looking for a powerful ride that doesn’t skimp on the creature comforts should consider the 2016 BMW M6. The German engineering under the hood is built to impress, and the convertible option takes cruising to the next level of enjoyment. The wind will really whip through your hair when the BMW M6 goes from 0-60 mph in 3.7 seconds.
The 2016 BMW M6 is available in three trim levels: Coupe, Gran Coupe, and Convertible.
What’s New for the 2016 BMW M6
The 2016 BMW M6 gets interior and exterior design tweaks.
2016 BMW M6 Photos:
2016 BMW M6 Exterior
The 2016 BMW M6 received subtle exterior upgrades in addition to the regular 6 Series updates. The nose features standard full LED headlamps that flank the M-specific double-bar kidney and large lower inlets, while traditional M gills, lower rocker skirts, and 19-inch M light alloy wheels can all be enjoyed from the side view. An integrated diffuser has found its way at the rear along two sets of dual tailpipes, below an M6 logo on the rear decklid.
Exterior available on the Coupe and Gran Coupe
- Power-folding andheated side mirrors, Double spoke light alloy wheels, Adaptive LED headlights, Retractable headlight washers, Shadowline exterior trim, Rain-sensing wipers, Carbon fiber rear diffuser apron and roof panel
Additional exterior available on the Convertible
- Double spoke light alloy wheels, Adaptive LED headlights, Rain-sensing wipers, Power-folding and heated side mirrors, Carbon fiber rear diffuser apron and roof panel, Black softtop, Retractable headlight washers, Shadowline exterior trim
2016 BMW M6 Performance
The “M” in “BMW M” is supposed to stand for “motorsport,” but we think it stands for “more.” The 2016 BMW M6 comes with a sport-tuned chassis and a 4.4-liter V8 that cranks out 560 hp and 500 lb-ft of torque, complete with your choice of a seven-speed dual-clutch automatic or a six-speed manual, which automatically matches revs on downshifts. Top speed is 160 mph and 0 to 60 mph can be done in a mere 3.7 seconds.
2016 BMW M6 Efficiency
The 2016 BMW M6 is a performance version of an already sporty car, so efficiency is expectedly not the priority. Still, it gets about 14 mpg in the city and 20 mpg on the highway, which is impressive for a 4.4-liter V8!
2016 BMW M6 Interior
Inside, the 2016 BMW M6 is mostly the same as its non-M brother. The telematics and infotainment systems have been upgraded to be faster and easier to use, there are new color choices, and lovely gloss-black trim with brushed-metal accents give the car an even more refined feel.
Interior available on the Coupe and Gran Coupe
- Interior Features: Black carbon fiber trim, 20-way power front M Multi-contour seats with four-way lumbar support, Anthracite Alcantara® headliner, Merino leather upholstery and door trim
- Radio and Technology: HD Radio™ with Multicast, Harmon Kardon® surround sound audio system, BMW Online with MyInfo and Navigation, Comfort Access keyless entry, SiriusXM radio, iDrive system with on-board computer
Additional interior available on the Convertible
- Interior Features: Black carbon fiber trim, 20-way power front M Multi-contour seats with four-way lumbar support, Sun-reflective technology, Merino leather upholstery and door trim
- Radio and Technology: Comfort Access keyless entry, Rollover Protection System, HD Radio™ with Multicast, Harmon Kardon® surround sound audio system, BMW Online with MyInfo and Navigation, SiriusXM radio, iDrive system with on-board computer
2016 BMW M6 Safety
The 2016 BMW M6 comes standard with antilock disc brakes, traction and stability control, daytime running lamps, remote anti-theft alarm system, front head airbags, dual front side-mounted airbags, tire pressure monitoring, and emergency braking assist.
Standard Safety Features
- Daytime running lights
- Advanced Safety System with dual-deployment front and side airbags
- Anti-theft alarm system and Coded Driveway Protection
- BMW Assist eCall™ and Remote Services for stolen vehicle recovery
- Active protection system with Attention Assistant