2016 BMW X3 Overview
If you’re shopping for a compact crossover, take a look at the BMW X3. It’s compact, so it’s perfect for city driving, but there is still ample room for cargo and passengers. The upscale finishes take your driving experience to the next level.
[wptab name=”What’s New”]
What’s New for the 2016 BMW X3?
The 2016 BMW X3 gets a minor facelift and some novelties under the hood.
2016 BMW X3 Photos:
2016 BMW X3 Exterior
The front fascia has been changed slightly and a new bumper graces the rear of the car to make the new 2016 BMW X3 look more stylish than its predecessor. The makeover includes a cleaner-looking set of headlamps with accessible LED units that reach out further, and a reshaped front guard. The twofold kidney grille has been adjusted to accommodate. It’s a car that doesn’t awkwardly bumble around the dirt anymore—it owns the off-road.
2016 BMW X3 Exterior Photos:
Exterior available on sDrive28i:
- 18-inch alloy wheels, LED foglights, Power liftgate
Exterior available on xDrive28i:
- LED foglights, Power-folding side mirrors, Heated side mirrors, Aluminum roof rails, Chrome tailpipe
Exterior available on xDrive28d:
- 18-inch alloy wheels, Heated side mirrors, Aluminum roof rails, Chrome tailpipe, LED foglights, Power-folding side mirrors, Power tailgate, Automatic headlights, Rain-sensing windshield wipers
Exterior available on 35i:
- Xenon headlights, LED Corona headlight rights, Adaptive light control, Heated side mirrors, Power-folding side mirrors, Rain-sensing windshield wipers, Automatic-dimming rearview and sideview mirrors
2016 BMW X3 Performance
The 2016 BMW X3’s base engine is a 2.0-liter turbo four-cylinder that makes 240 horsepower and 260 pound-feet of torque. Though AWD is an option for the base engine, it comes standard with the more powerful 3.0-liter turbo six-cylinder, which brings up the hp and lb-ft values to a flat 300 each. The final engine option is a 2.0-liter turbodiesel four-cylinder with 180 hp and 280 lb-ft of torque. All engines are mated to an 8-speed shiftable automatic transmission.
2016 BMW X3 Efficiency
For the best efficiency, you’ll want to use the 2016 BMW X3’s diesel engine, which returns about 27 mpg in the city and 34 mpg on the highway. The base engine gets 21/28 mpg city/highway and the six-cylinder gets 19/27 mpg.
2016 BMW X3 Interior
Though the 2016 BMW X3’s exterior dimensions remain the same, BMW has worked its magic to make life a lot more comfortable for bigger, taller passengers, who will now find more room to stretch their legs. They’ll also no doubt enjoy the heated leather seats, which have been redesigned with a special emphasis on ergonomics. New high-gloss accent also add a new touch of luxury to the car.
2016 BMW X3 Interior Photos:
Interior available on sDrive28i:
- Power-adjustable front seats with memory for driver’s settings, Auto-dimming mirrors, Premium vinyl upholstery, Telescoping tilt-wheel steering
Interior available on xDrive28i:
- Eight-way adjustable front seats, 40/20/40-split folding rear seats, Wood trim, Chrome accents, SensaTec upholstery, Leather-wrapped steering wheel
Interior available on xDrive28d:
- Eight-way adjustable power front seats, SensaTec upholstery, Driver’s seat and mirror memory, 40/20/40-split folding rear seats, Leather-wrapped steering wheel, Automatic climate control, Integrated garage-door opener
Interior available on 35i:
- Panoramic moonroof, Automatic climate control, Tilt and telescopic steering wheel, Ambiance lighting
2016 BMW X3 Safety
The 2016 BMW X3 comes standard with antilock disc brakes, front and rear head airbags, dual front side-mounted airbags, rear door child safety locks, stability and traction control, surround view, 3 rear headrests, daytime running lights, and remote anti-theft alarm system.
Standard Safety Features:
- Side-mounted and head curtain airbags
- Antilock brakes
- Traction and stability control
- Post-collision safety system
Related: How to Avoid Hydroplaning