2016 BMW X5 Overview
The mid-size SUV field is pretty crowded, and the 2016 BMW X5 does what it can to stand out from the crowd. Critics and drivers agree that it is a good blend of performance and luxury for a crossover. The 2016 BMW X5 is available in four trim levels: The sDrive35i, xDrive35i, xDrive35d, and xDrive50i.
Already Looking Ahead To 2017? Check out the latest details on the new BMW M5
2016 BMW X5 Exterior
They say that the first impression is the one that really counts and the 2016 BMW X5’s exterior is styled to impress other drivers on the road. You’ll be proud to park this SUV in your driveway with its chrome details, distinctive wheels, and headlights ready to light the way on even the darkest of night drives.
Exterior available on sDrive35i and xDrive35i
- Chrome exhaust tips and exterior trim, Power tailgate, 19-inch V spoke light alloy wheels, Matte black roof rails, Roof spoiler, LED fog lights, Xenon Adaptive Headlights, Heated and power-folding side mirrors, Rain-sensing windshield wipers
Exterior available on xDrive35d
- Automatic headlight control, Body-color exterior door handles, 18-inch double spoke light alloy wheels
Exterior available on xDrive50i
- 19-inch V spoke light alloy wheels
2016 BMW X5 Performance
The sDrive35i and xDrive35i both come standard with a 3.0-liter TwinPower Turbo inline-6 engine with 300 horsepower and 300 lb-ft of torque. The 2016 BMW X5 xDrive35d has a 3.0-liter inline-6 diesel engine for improved fuel efficiency. Finally, the 2016 BMW X5 xDrive50i is built with a 4.4-liter TwinPower Turbo V8 engine.
2016 BMW X5 Efficiency
The 2016 BMW X5’s 3.0-liter engine achieves 19 mpg in the city and 27 mpg on the highway without the all-wheel-drive system. The 3.0-liter diesel engine has better fuel efficiency with 24 mpg city and 31 mpg highway. The EPA estimates that the 4.4-liter engine of the xDrive50i gets 15 mpg city and 22 mpg highway.
2016 BMW X5 Interior
Dynamic Cruise Control and BMW’s navigation system means that you’ll always know where you’re going in the 2016 BMW X5. Fourteen-way power-adjustable front seats, Poplar wood trim, and comfortable upholstery will help make sure wherever you’re going, you will be in comfort.
Interior available on sDrive35i and xDrive35i
- Panoramic moonroof; 3-stage heated front seats; 40/20/40-split folding rear seats; Cargo cover; Vehicle and Key Memory; Black SensaTec upholstery; Engine Stop/Start button; Leather-wrapped steering wheel with steering wheel-mounted controls; 14-way power-adjustable front seats; Poplar Wood trim; Memory system for driver’s seat, steering wheel, and outside mirrors
- 9 speakers, HD Radio™, Touchpad controller for touchscreen, AM/FM/CD/MP3 player, Dynamic Cruise Control, BMW Navigation system, USB/Bluetooth® connectivity, iDrive system with on-board computer
Interior available on xDrive50d
- Universal garage-door opener, Additional 12-volt power sockets
Interior available on xDrive50i
- Dakota Leather upholstery, Keyless entry, 20-way power Multi-contour front seats, Automatic 4-zone climate control, Power outlets in front center console storage compartment
- SiriusXM®Radio with one year subscription, 16 speakers, Dynamic Cruise Control, Harmon Kardon® Surround Sound Audio System, Rear-view Camera
2016 BMW X5 Safety
While we all appreciate a good-looking vehicle with all the bells and whistles, safety is a necessity to guard against the variables of driving and sharing the road. Programmable daytime running lights, BMW Assist eCall, and adaptive brakelights are ready to keep passengers safe in case an accident happens.
Standard Safety Features
- Driver’s and passenger’s front airbags
- LATCH attachments
- Active Front Headrests
- BMW Assist eCall
- BMW Remote Services
- Adaptive Brakelights
- Programmable Daytime Running Lights
Want To Know More About Traffic Signals On Your Drive? Learn more about the BMW EnLighten App