2016 BMW X6 Overview
The 2016 BMW X6 is a fastback that blends sportiness and luxury together to compete with models like the Infiniti QX70 and Porsche Cayenne. When looking at it, shoppers might assume that this is just another vehicle built for driving to soccer practice and music lessons. This vehicle is built for performance, however, and is sure to offer a dynamic driving experience while cruising the streets.
The 2016 BMW X6 is available in four trim levels: sDrive35i, xDrive35i, and xDrive50i
[wptab name=”What’s New”]
What’s New for the 2016 BMW X6?
The 2016 model year has enhanced USB standard on all trim levels, and the BMW X6 xDrive now includes Harman Kardon surround sound, a one-year subscription to Satellite Radio, and four-zone automatic climate control.
2016 BMW X6 Photos:
2016 BMW X6 Exterior
Impressive 19-inch Y-spoke light alloy wheels and chrome exterior trim take the exterior of this fastback to the next level in terms of luxury. It is also equipped with rain-sensing windshield wipers and power tailgate for the ultimate convenience.
Exterior available on sDrive35i and xDrive35i
- Heated and power-folding side mirrors, 19-inch Y spoke light alloy wheels, Non-metallic paint, LED fog lights, Chrome exhaust tips and exterior trim, Xenon Adapative Headlights, Power tailgate, Rain-sensing windshield wipers
Exterior available on xDrive50i
- Metallic paint
2016 BMW X6 Performance
The 2016 BMW X6 sDrive35i and xDrive35i are equipped with a 3.0-liter TwinPower Turbo inline-six engine with 300 horsepower and 300 lb-ft of torque. The 4.4-liter TwinPower Turbo V8 is standard on the 2016 BMW X6 xDrive50i with 445 horsepower and 480 lb-ft of torque.
The 2016 BMW X6 zDrive35i is the sDrive35i trim with the major addition of BMW’s iDrive all-wheel-drive system instead of the BMW X6’s standard rear-wheel drive. The all-wheel drive will make sure that you’re ready for difficult winter driving conditions.
2016 BMW X6 Efficiency
The 2016 BMW X6 sDrive35i and xDrive35i have an EPA-estimated 19 mpg city and 27 mpg highway. The 4.4-liter TwinPower Turbo V8 that is standard on the 2016 BMW X6 xDrive50i is estimated to achieve 15 mpg city and 22 mpg highway.
2016 BMW X6 Interior
The inside of the 2016 BMW X6 is fully-loaded for a great driving experience. With 14-way power-adjustable front seats, leather upholstery, ambient lighting, and heated front seats, you’ll ride in comfort whether it’s for a long ride or the trip to soccer practice.
Interior available on sDrive35i and xDrive35i
- Automatic-dimming interior rearview and exterior side view mirrors; 40/20/40-split folding rear seats; 2-way power glass moonroof; BMW Ambiance lighting; Engine Stop/Start button; Poplar Wood trim; Leather-wrapped steering wheel; Vehicle and Key Memory; Memory system for driver’s seat, steering wheel, and outside mirrors; Cargo cover; Automatic climate control; Dakota Leather upholstery; Universal garage door opener; Engine Stop/Start button; 3-stage heated front seats; 14-way power-adjustable front seats
- 9 speakers, USB/Bluetooth® connectivity, BMW Navigation system, AM/FM/CD/MP3 player, Advanced real-time traffic information, Touchpad controller for touchscreen, HD Radio™, iDrive system with on-board computer
Interior available on xDrive50i
- Automatic 4-zone climate control, 20-way power Multi-contour front seats, Keyless entry
- Rearview camera, SiriusXM®Radio with one year subscription, Harmon Kardon® Surround Sound Audio System, 16 speakers
2016 BMW X6 Safety
With BMW Assist eCall, adaptive brakelights, and a wide array of airbags, the 2016 BMW X6 is well equipped to keep you and your passengers safe on road trips and your daily errands.
Standard Safety Features
- BMW Assist eCall
- LATCH attachments
- Adaptive Brakelights
- Driver’s and passenger’s front airbags
- Active Front Headrests
- Programmable Daytime Running Lights
- BMW Remote Services
The News Wheel is a digital auto magazine providing readers with a fresh perspective on the latest car news. We’re located in the heart of America (Dayton, Ohio) and our goal is to deliver an entertaining and informative perspective on what’s trending in the automotive world. See more articles from The News Wheel.