2016 BMW Z4 Overview
The 2016 BMW z4 is the rear-wheel drive sports car of your dreams. This roadster is ready to take on the road in style with power and grace. Learn more about the BMW Z4 and see if it’s the perfect fit for your driveway.
[wptab name=”What’s New”]
What’s New for the 2016 BMW Z4?
The BMW Z4 is slightly refreshed for the 2016 model year and gets a new base engine.
2016 BMW Z4 Photos:
2016 BMW Z4 Exterior
The BMW Z4 has always been a head-turner, and this one is no exception. The front end of the car is mostly unchanged except for the re-profiled headlights and Z-shaped cross-section with deep-set bonnets and side vents. The rear end has received a slightly flattered deck, making the car look more muscular overall.
2016 BMW Z4 Exterior Photos:
Exterior available on xDrive28i:
- 18-inch alloy wheels, Xenon headlights, LED Corona headlight rings, Adaptive Light Control, Body-color door handles, Heated side mirrors, Power side mirrors, Power lift tailgate
Exterior available on xDrive35i:
- 19-inch wheels, Xenon headlights, LED Corona headlight rights, Heated side mirrors, Power-folding side mirrors, Rain-sensing windshield wipers, Automatic-dimming rearview and sideview mirrors
2016 BMW Z4 Performance
The base engine in the 2016 BMW Z4 is a 2.0-liter turbocharged four-cylinder producing 240 horsepower and 260 pound-feet of torque. Power is sent to the rear wheels via a 6-speed manual. Customers can upgrade to a 3.0-liter twin-turbo six-cylinder that brings hp and lb-ft up to 300 both; also rear-wheel drive, but this time mated to a 7-speed automated manual. Finally, the sDrive35is model gets the same turbo-six, but tuned up to 335-hp and 332 lb-ft.
2016 BMW Z4 Efficiency
Using direct fuel injection and variable valve timing, the 2016 BMW Z4’s base engine gets 22 mpg in the city and 34 mpg on the highway. Opting for either of the twin-turbocharged six-cylinders brings those values down to 17/24 mpg city/highway.
2016 BMW Z4 Interior
The 2016 BMW Z4 features new leather seats and a completely revised control board. It comes standard with an auto-dimming rearview mirror, a leather steering wheel, 10-way power driver and passenger seats, dual-zone automatic climate control, Bluetooth and MP3 compatibility, an auxiliary input jack, and all the other comforts and amenities we’ve come to expect from BMW.
Interior available on xDrive28i:
- Eight-way power adjustable seats, SensaTec upholstery, Wood trim, 40/20/40-split folding rear seats, Two-way power glass moonroof, Tilt and telescoping steering wheel, Auto-dimming mirrors
Interior available on xDrive35i:
- Panoramic moonroof, Tilt and telescopic steering wheel, Automatic climate control, Ambiance lighting, Integrated garage-door opener
2016 BMW Z4 Safety
The 2016 BMW Z4 comes standard with four-wheel antilock disc brakes, front, side, and knee airbags for the driver and passenger, daytime running lights, stability and traction control, tire pressure monitoring, adaptive cruise control, and a remote anti-theft alarm system.
Standard Safety Features:
- Antilock brakes
- BMW Assist eCall™
- Front side-impact airbags
- Post-collision safety system
- Active Head Restraints
- Traction and stability control
The News Wheel is a digital auto magazine providing readers with a fresh perspective on the latest car news. We’re located in the heart of America (Dayton, Ohio) and our goal is to deliver an entertaining and informative perspective on what’s trending in the automotive world. See more articles from The News Wheel.