2016 Honda Odyssey Overview
The 2016 Honda Odyssey hit dealerships this month, carrying with it a starting manufacturer’s suggested retail price of $29,275, not including the $880 destination charge. The newest Odyssey offers some changes, primarily a new Special Edition (SE) trim that incorporates several premium features.
The 2016 Honda Odyssey is available in six total trims, which include the LX, ED, SE, EX-L, Touring, and Touring Elite.
Family Vehicles: Check out these back-to-school car tips
[wptab name=”What’s New”]
What’s New for the 2016 Honda Odyssey?
Priced at $33,375, the new 2016 Honda Odyssey SE adds a rear entertainment system, a 115-volt power outlet, satellite radio, and–for an additional $950–an actual built-in vacuum cleaner to handle any messes your kids create in the backseat.
All other 2016 Odyssey trims are $150 more than their 2015 counterparts, except for the LX model, which sees a $300 price increase.
2016 Honda Odyssey Photos:
2016 Honda Odyssey Exterior
There are rumors that a redesigned Odyssey is in the works for 2017, but for now the minivan continues forward with the same styling that includes black-trimmed headlights, available fog lights, a muscular hood, and a black-surround grille. The Odyssey’s bright chrome trim and LED taillights with clear lenses and perimeter “light pipes” add to the sophisticated look.
2016 Honda Odyssey Exterior Photos:
Exterior features available on the Odyssey LX:
- One-touch turn indicators, Rear privacy glass, Rear roofline spoiler with integrated brake light, Taillights with integrated LED light bars, Variable intermittent windshield wipers, Intermittent rear window wiper/washer, Chrome tailgate garnish, Black side mirrors with expanded view driver’s side mirror
Exterior features available on the Odyssey EX:
- Power sliding doors, Security system, Smart Entry, Programmable remote entry system, Auto-on/off headlights, Wiper-linked headlights, Heated body-color power side mirrors
Exterior features available on the Odyssey EX-L:
- One-touch power moonroof with tilt feature, Power tailgate
Exterior features available on the Odyssey Touring:
- Fog lights, Memory-linked side mirrors with reverse gear tilt-down, Acoustic windshield, Body-colored parking sensors, Reflective tailgate garnish, Side mirror integrated turn indicators
Exterior features available on the Odyssey Elite:
- High-Intensity Discharge (HID) Headlights with Auto-On/Off
2016 Honda Odyssey Performance
The 2016 Honda Odyssey’s 24-valve 3.5-liter V6 engine yields 248 horsepower at 5,700 rpm and 250 lb-ft of torque at 4,800 rpm. The vehicle utilizes Honda’s i-VTEC system to enhance power delivery.
2016 Honda Odyssey Efficiency
Honda’s Variable Cylinder Management™ (VCM®) maximizes fuel efficiency and reduce emissions, and the motor is paired with a 6-speed automatic transmission that helps the minivan produce EPA fuel-economy ratings of 19 mpg in the city, 28 mpg on the highway, and 22 mpg in combined traffic.
2016 Honda Odyssey Interior
Inside, the three-row 2016 Honda Odyssey seats eight passengers in three rows, with a second-row seat that moves forward to provide easier access to the third row (on EX trims and above). All 2016 Odysseys feature a rearview camera for greater safety and convenience, and infotainment features include an available 7-inch touchscreen and a Rear Entertainment System that includes a DVD player.
2016 Honda Odyssey Interior Photos:
Interior features available on the Odyssey LX:
- Front Passenger’s Seat with 4-Way Power Adjustment, Wide-Mode Adjustable 2nd-Row Seats with Armrests and Walk-In Feature, Adjustable Seat-Belt Anchors (front and 2nd row), One-Motion 60/40 Split 3rd-Row Magic Seat®, Driver’s Seat with 8-Way Power Adjustment, Tilt and Telescopic Steering Column, Driver’s and Front Passenger’s Illuminated Vanity Mirrors, Beverage Holders (all rows), Coin Holder, Illuminated Steering Wheel-Mounted Controls
Interior features available on the Odyssey EX:
- Conversation Mirror with Sunglasses Holder, HomeLink® Remote System, Tri-Zone Automatic Climate Control System with Humidity control and air filtration
Interior features available on the Odyssey SE:
- 115-volt power outlet (3rd row), HondaVAC vacuum cleaner
Interior features available on the Odyssey EX-L:
- Perforated leather-wrapped steering wheel, Automatic-dimming rearview mirror, Leather-trimmed seats (front and outboard 2nd row), Heated front seats
Interior features available on the Odyssey Touring:
- Ambient footwell lighting, Third row integrated sunshades, Honda DVD rear entertainment system with high-resolution WVGA (800×480) screen, Folding center armrest for third row, Driver’s seat two-position memory
Interior features available on the Odyssey Elite:
2016 Honda Odyssey Safety
The 2016 Honda Odyssey recently received the highest overall safety rating of five stars from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, specifically earning five stars in the front and side crash tests and four stars in the rollover crash test. The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety has not yet rated the new Odyssey, but the 2015 model earned the IIHS Top Safety Pick award, scoring “good” in all crash tests.
Standard Safety Features:
- Dual-Stage Multiple-Threshold Front Airbags (SRS), SmartVent® Front Side Airbags, 3-Row Side Curtain Airbags with Rollover Sensor
- Advanced Compatibility Engineering™ (ACE™) Body Structure
- 3-Point Seat Belts at all Seating Positions with Automatic Tensioning System in the front seats
- Lower Anchors and Tethers for CHildren (LATCH)
- Driver’s and Front Passenger’s Seat-Belt Reminder
- Child-Proof Rear Door Locks
- Vehicle Stability Assist™ (VSA®) with Traction Control
- Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS)
- Electronic Brake Distribution (EBD)
- Brake Assist
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
- Daytime Running Lights (DRL)
- Rearview Camera with Guidelines
Family Vehicles: Learn the benefits of taking your family “car camping”
The News Wheel is a digital auto magazine providing readers with a fresh perspective on the latest car news. We’re located in the heart of America (Dayton, Ohio) and our goal is to deliver an entertaining and informative perspective on what’s trending in the automotive world. See more articles from The News Wheel.