2016 Jeep Wrangler Overview
There is a very good reason the Jeep Wrangler has a cult-like following and why celebrities like Floyd Mayweather are always itching to get their hands on one. With a ruggedly handsome exterior, unbeatable off-road capabilities, and an endless amount of rough and tumble appeal, the Wrangler is easily the best vehicle out there for those consumers who like to explore off the beaten path.
The 2016 Jeep Wrangler continues this tradition of offering Jeep lovers exactly what they want with a variety of trim levels—including the Black Bear Edition—that are sure to make you itch for the to get some mud on the Wrangler’s tires.
It’s a Lifestyle: Learn more about the culture of driving a Jeep
[wptab name=”What’s New”]
What’s New for the 2016 Jeep Wrangler
For the 2016 model year, the Jeep Wrangler adds the Black Bear Edition. It also offers an update for the Sahara trim, including a new Olive Green interior color option. Finally, the Wrangler will also offer some new exterior colors.
The 2016 Jeep Wrangler is offered in eight trim levels: Sport, Sport S, Willys Wheeler, Black Bear, Sahara, Willys Wheeler W, Rubicon, and Rubicon Hard Rock.
2016 Jeep Wrangler Photos:
2016 Jeep Wrangler Exterior
In the automotive industry, few cars are as recognizable as the Jeep Wrangler—and the 2016 model is no exception. With its telltale square silhouette, ruggedly handsome features, and high-riding body, the Wrangler makes a lasting impression on all who see it. Its old-school exterior style makes you feel like you’re driving in a different era, while also hinting at its off-road prowess.
The 2016 Jeep Wrangler is available as either a two-door or four-door body style with a standard vinyl convertible roof. A hardtop roof with easily removable panels is also available.
2016 Jeep Wrangler Exterior Photos:
Exterior available on the Sport:
- 16-inch styled steel wheels, Full-size spare tire, Black Sunrider® soft top, Full metal doors with roll-up windows, Center high-mount stop light, Fog lamps, Halogen headlamps, Accent color fender flares, Black front and rear bumpers, Fixed long mast antenna, Manual fold-away mirrors, Tinted windshield glass, Black fuel filler bezel
Exterior available on the Sport S:
- 17-inch aluminum wheels
Exterior available on the Willys Wheeler:
- 17-inch high gloss black wheels, Deep tint sunscreen windows, Willys hood decal
Exterior available on the Black Bear:
- 17-inch semi-gloss aluminum wheels, Premium Black Sunrider® soft top, Power heated mirrors
Exterior available on the Sahara:
- 18-inch polished wheels with granite crystal pockets, Body-color fender flares, Hood insulation
Exterior available on the Willys Wheel W:
- Automatic headlamps
Exterior available on the Rubicon:
- 17-inch polished mineral gray wheels, Accent color fender flares
Exterior available on the Rubicon Hard Rock:
- 17-inch polished semi-gloss black wheels, Power dome hood, Deep tint sunscreen windows, Power heated mirrors, Steel front and rear bumpers
2016 Jeep Wrangler Performance
A 3.6-liter V6 engine powers every 2016 Wrangler, pumping out 285 horsepower and 260 lb-ft of torque. The SUV understandably comes standard with four-wheel-drive, and includes high- and low-range gearing. A six-speed manual with hill start assist is also standard, while a five-speed automatic is optional. The Wrangler can tow a maximum of 2,000 pounds.
2016 Jeep Wrangler Efficiency
For the two-door Wrangler, EPA-estimated fuel economy is rated at 18 miles per gallon combined regardless of the transmission.
2016 Jeep Wrangler Interior
As you might assume, practicality wins over style in the 2016 Jeep Wrangler interior. While the metal-look of its “bright interior accents” adds a touch of sophistication to the SUV’s interior, it is rugged through-and-through, built specifically for off-road fun. The upright dashboard gives drivers a clear view of gauges, while also presenting a sensible console layout. A 6.5-inch touchscreen navigation is available, adding a touch of modern day technology to an interior that feels like it belongs in an earlier decade. Because it is all about the off-road experience, the majority of materials used are easy-to-clean, which makes the 2016 Wrangler the perfect car for an outdoor enthusiast.
2016 Jeep Wrangler Interior Photos:
Interior available on the Sport:
- Cloth seats with adjustable head restraints, Easy access passenger seat, Low-back bucket seats, Rear folding seat, Cargo tie-down loops, Glove box, Heater with instrument panel ventilation, Manual door locks and windows, Rear compartment covered storage, Rearview day/night mirror, Sliding sun visors with mirrors, Vinyl shift knob
- Radio 130, Eight speakers, Audio jack input for mobile devices, Steering wheel-mounted audio controls
Interior available on the Sport S:
- Air conditioning, Chrome/leather-wrapped shift knob, Leather-wrapped steering wheel
Interior available on the Willys Wheeler:
- All-weather slush mats by Mopar®, Electronic vehicle information center
- SiriusXM® Satellite Radio with one year subscription, Remote USB port
Interior available on the Black Bear:
- Black cloth with sport mesh seats, Auto-dimming mirror with reading lamp, Power door locks and windows
Interior available on the Sahara:
- Cloth seats with adjustable head restraints, Bright interior accents, Coat hooks, Front floor mats
Interior available on the Willys Wheel W:
- All-weather slush mats by Mopar, Manual door locks and windows, Rearview day/night mirror
- Uconnect® voice command with Bluetooth®
Interior available on the Rubicon:
- Bright interior accents
Interior available on the Rubicon Hard Rock:
- Heated front seats, Leather-trimmed bucket seats, Auto-dimming rearview mirror with reading lamp, Premium EVIC message center, Silver interior accents
- Alpine® premium nine-speaker audio system with all-weather subwoofer, Uconnect® voice command with Bluetooth®
2016 Jeep Wrangler Safety
The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) awarded the two-door Wrangler the organization’s highest possible rating of “Good” in the moderate-overlap frontal-offset impact test. It has a long list of standard safety features, including traction and stability control, and anti-lock brakes.
A full list of standard safety features can be found below.
- Advanced multistage front airbags
- Sport bar with full padding
- Traction control
- Electronic stability control
- Hill start assist
- Electronic roll mitigation
- Front passenger seat belt alert
- Speed control
- Sentry Key® theft deterrent system
More Power, Better Efficiency: Check out the Pentastar V6 engine upgrade