2016 Lincoln MKC Overview
The 2016 Lincoln MKC is a compact luxury crossover that’s available with either front-wheel or all-wheel drive. Carrying a starting MSRP of $33,260, the 2016 MKC is the most affordable vehicle currently offered by Lincoln, but it certainly doesn’t skimp on premium features, as it comes standard with heated front seats, dual-zone climate control, and a 9-speaker sound system complete with SiriusXM Radio. The Lincoln MKC competes with the BMW X3, Acura RDX, and the Audi Q5.
Coming Soon from Lincoln: Get a load of Lincoln’s 2018 lineup, including everything from the MKZ to the new Navigator
[wptab name=”What’s New”]
What’s new for the 2016 Lincoln MKC?
Maximum towing capacity for the Lincoln MKC has grown to 3,000 pounds for the 2016 model year, but that’s only when it’s properly equipped with the trailer tow package, as well as the 2.3-liter EcoBoost engine. The 2016 MKC also comes with Lincoln’s newest Sync 3 touchscreen system that offers navigation, Bluetooth, and Siri Eyes-Free.
2016 Lincoln MKC Photos:
2016 Lincoln MKC Exterior
The 2016 Lincoln MKC offers a bold exterior design that’s highlighted by the large wing-shaped front grille and broad LED taillights. The MKC also comes standard with 18-inch alloy wheels, heated mirrors, and rear privacy glass. Exterior color options for the new MKC include Black Velvet Metallic, White Platinum Metallic Tri-Coat, and Ruby Red Metallic Tinted Clearcoat. Customers who are approved to enter Lincoln’s exclusive Black Label Program can also add features such as a roof rack, larger wheels, and a distinctive black grille.
2016 Lincoln MKC Photos:
Exterior available on the 2016 Lincoln MKC Premiere
- 18-inch painted aluminum wheels, Approach detection, Body-color door handles, Chrome dual exhaust tips, HID automatic headlamps with LED signature lamps, Body-color exterior mirrors, Integrated Blind Spot Mirrors, Heated and power dual side-view mirrors with memory, Reverse Sensing System, LED taillamps, Bright beltline molding, Body-color roof-mounted antenna, Roof Rack Side Rails, Privacy glass, Easy Fuel® capless fuel filter, One-touch up-down front and rear windows, Intermittent Speed-Sensitive Front Windshield Wipers, Rear Window Defroster with Washer and Dual Speed Wiper
Exterior available on the 2016 Lincoln MKC Select
- Adds to or replaces features on the MKC Premiere: 18-inch Luster Nickel Painted Aluminum wheels, Configurable Daytime Running Lamps, Autofold power side-view mirrors, side-view mirror LED turn signal indicators, Auto-dimming driver’s side view mirror, Optional Lincoln Drive Control featuring Continuously Controlled Damping (CCD)
Exterior available on the 2016 Lincoln MKC Reserve
- Adds to or replaces features on the MKC Select: 18-inch Polished Aluminum Wheels with Dark Stainless Painted Pockets, Optional 19-inch Premium Luster Nickel Painted Aluminum wheels, Optional 19-inch 5-Spoke Premium Luster Nickel Painted Aluminum wheels, Optional 20inch Polished Aluminum Wheels with Dark Stainless Painted Pockets
2016 Lincoln MKC Performance
When you go car shopping at a Lincoln dealership, you’ll be presented with a large number of choices on how you’d like your vehicle customized, and the 2016 Lincoln MKC is no exception. Customers not only have the option between front-wheel and all-wheel drive, but they also get to choose between two turbocharged four-cylinder engines. The standard engine is 2.0-liter rated at 240 horsepower and 270 lb-ft of torque, while the other available engine is a 2.3-liter EcoBoost that provides the new Lincoln MKC with 285 horsepower and 305 lb-ft of torque.
2016 Lincoln MKC Efficiency
Fuel economy figures differ for the 2016 Lincoln MKC depending on which engine the consumer chooses, as well as the buyer’s choice between front-wheel or all-wheel drive. With the 2.0-liter and FWD, the MKC provides an EPA-estimated 23 mpg combined. Fuel economy drops to 22 mpg combined when the 2.0-liter is combined with the all-wheel drive system. The 2.3-liter EcoBoost only comes matched with AWD, so all MKCs with the 2.3-liter yield 21 mpg combined. In addition, the 2016 Lincoln MKC comes standard with a 15.5 gallon fuel tank.
2016 Lincoln MKC Interior
The interior of the 2016 Lincoln MKC reportedly has one of the quietest cabins available in the industry thanks to the generous usage of sound deadening material, sound-reducing glass, and active noise cancellation technology. The heated front bucket seats also provide extra comfort during the colder months. On the technology front, the Sync 3 touchscreen system is said to be much more responsive than last year’s offering thanks to quicker response times and larger digital buttons. For those shoppers concerned about cargo space, the new Lincoln MKC provides 25 cubic feet of storage space behind the back seats and cargo room grows to 53 cubic feet with the back seats folded down.
2016 Lincoln MKC Interior Photos:
Interior available on the 2016 Lincoln MKC Premiere
- 10-way heated power driver seat with two-way power lumbar and memory, Four-way heated power front passenger seat with power recline, 60/40 split bench rear seat, Four-way adjustable front head restraints, Front seat back map pockets, Lincoln Luxury Soft Touch Seating Surfaces, Cruise Control, Aluminum trim on doors and instrument panel, Leather-wrapped steering wheel with cruise and redundant audio controls, Front and rear floor mats, Particulate air filtration system, LED map lights, Four 12V powerpoints, Auto-dimming rearview mirror, Dual-illuminated front visor mirrors with ticket clip, Dual-zone ElectronicAutomatic Temperature Control (DEATC), Manual tilt/telescoping steering column, SYNC 3, Eight-inch LCD touch screen and five-way steering wheel controls, Media hub (includes two Smart Charging USB ports), Lincoln Premium Audio System® with nine speakers including subwoofer and auxiliary audio input jack, Sirius XM Radio, Intelligent Access with Push-Button Start, Push-button shift, Active Noise Control, Message Center with compass, MyKey
Interior available on the 2016 Lincoln MKC Select
- Adds to or replaces features on the MKC Premiere:10-way heated power front passenger seat with lumbar support, Bridge of Weir® Deepsoft leather-trimmed seats, Optional heated rear outboard seats, Retractable Cargo Cover, Genuine wood trim on doors and instrument panel, Ambient lighting, Optional heated steering wheel, Optional auto highbeams, Optional rain-sensing wipers, Optional Panoramic Vista Roof® with power shade, Optional 110V inverter with AC outlet, Optional Enhanced THX II Certified Audio System, Optional Navigation System with voice activation, Universal Garage Door Opener, Power Liftgate
Interior available on the 2016 Lincoln MKC Reserve
- Adds to or replaces features on the MKC Select: Standard Panoramic Vista Roof® with power shade, Heated and cooled front seats, Power tilt/telescoping steering column with memory, Standard 110V inverter with AC outlet, BLIS (Blind Spot Information System) with cross-traffic alert, Hands-Free Liftgate, Standard Navigation System with voice activation, Embedded Modem, Optional Adaptive Cruise Control and Collision Warning with Brake Support, Optional Active Park Assist, Optional Forward Sensing System, Optional Lane Keeping System
2016 Lincoln MKC Safety
When crash tested by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, the 2016 MKC earned a four-star overall safety rating (with five being the highest possible). The MKC secured the best rating of five stars in the side-impact protection test, but only managed four stars in total frontal impact protection. Besides coming standard with a rearview camera and antilock brakes, the ’16 MKC is available with a number of advanced safety features, including blind-spot monitoring, lane departure warning, and MyKey, which gives adults the ability to program the MKC’s top speed and volume limit for when their kids are driving.
Standard Safety Features
- Rear View Camera
- Personal Safety System
- Power 4-wheel disc Anti-lock Brake System (ABS) with Brake Assist
- Dual-Stage Front Airbags
- Safety Canopy® System with Side Curtain Airbags
- Driver Knee Airbag
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
- LATCH (Lower Anchors and Tether anchors for CHildren)
- SOS Post-Crash Alert System™
- Belt-Minder® front safety belt reminder
Lincoln’s Latest: Lincoln’s new 2018 Navigator is its most impressive, advanced SUV