2016 Subaru Legacy Overview
The Subaru Legacy has built up quite a legacy of its own. It is widely considered one of the most reliable sedans in the industry. The 2016 Subaru Legacy maintains that title by keeping sight of what made it so successful, while simultaneously making small but important improvements.
The 2016 Subaru Legacy is available in four different trims: the 2.5i, the 2.5i Premium, the 2.5i Limited, and the 3.6R Limited.
[wptab name=”What’s New”]
What’s New for the 2016 Subaru Legacy?
While the Subaru Legacy has not undergone any extensive remodeling in 2016, there have been some slight upgrades and improvements added to the model. Steering has been improved with the introduction of electric power-assist steering to all Legacy trims. Additionally, the Premium and Limited trims receive a Starlink upgrade to their infotainment systems.
2016 Subaru Legacy Exterior
The Subaru Legacy has always been known for its practical yet stylized design. That hasn’t changed for the 2016 model. In addition to a wonderful look, the Legacy also possesses some exterior features to make driving easier. Halogen low-beam headlights brighten the road ahead, while folding side mirrors provide a clear view of what’s behind.
2016 Subaru Legacy Photos
Exterior on the 2.5i
- 17 x 7.0-inch steel wheels with covers, 225/55 R17 97V all-season tires, Projector-beam halogen low-beam headlights, Black folding side mirrors, Aerodynamic side ground effects
Exterior on the 2.5i Premium
- 17 x 7.5-inch aluminum-alloy wheels, Body-color folding side mirrors, Windshield wiper de-icer, Heated side mirrors, Single chrome exhaust outlet
Exterior on the 2.5i Limited
- 18 x 7.5-inch aluminum-alloy wheels with machine finish, 225/50 R18 95H all-season tires, Fog lights, Body-color folding side mirrors with integrated turn signal
Exterior on the 3.6R Limited
- High-intensity discharge low-beam headlights, Dual chrome exhaust outlets
2016 Subaru Legacy Performance
With their standard all-wheel drive, Subaru vehicles have become famous for their performance capabilities. The new Subaru Legacy continues that tradition. Its 2.5-liter DOHC four-cylinder engine can produce 175 horsepower and a torque of 174 lb-ft. The Legacy 3.6R Limited trim is even more powerful. The 3.6-liter DOHC six-cylinder engine can produce 247 lb-ft. of torque and 256 horsepower.
2016 Subaru Legacy Efficiency
The 2016 Subaru Legacy has one of the most impressive fuel economies of any mid-size car on the road. Even with its powerful engine, the 3.6R Limited still obtains a 20/29 City/Highway mpg. The fuel efficiency is even better on the other trims of the legacy, reaching a city mpg of 26 and 36 mpg on the highway.
2016 Subaru Legacy Interior
The amenities inside the 2016 Subaru Legacy provide the comforts of home in a roomy cabin. Touchscreen capability make interacting with infotainment personable. Electric power-assist steering and integrated steering wheel controls make controlling the Legacy a simple task. The Premium and Limited trims also come with the Starlink system attached to the infotainment system.
Interior on the 2.5i
- Six-way manually adjustable driver’s seat, 65/35-split fold-down rear seatback, cloth upholstery, silver metallic trim, Three-spoke steering wheel with integrated controls, manually adjustable tilt/telescoping steering column, Electronic Parking brake, Sun visors with illuminated vanity mirrors, Manually-adjustable CFC-free air conditioning system
- Color LCD multi-function instrumentation display, 6.2-inch high-resolution touch-screen HD Radio® audio system with SUBARU STARLINK™, CD player, Four speakers, USB port/iPod control, Bluetooth® audio streaming, Hands-free phone connectivity, Keyless entry system with trunk release and answer-back electronic chirp
Interior on the 2.5i Premium
- 10-way power adjustable driver’s seat, Heated front seats, Leather-wrapped steering wheel, Leather-wrapped automatic transmission shifter handle, Matte woodgrain-patterned accent trim, Dual-zone climate control
- Voice-activated 7-inch high-resolution touch-screen HD Radio® premium audio system with SUBARU STARLINK™, SiriusXM™ satellite radio
Interior on the 2.5i Limited
- 10-way power driver and passenger seats, Heated rear seats, Leather-trimmed upholstery
- 12 Harman Kardon speakers, Harman Kardon 576-watt equivalent amplifier, Blind Spot Detection/Rear Cross Traffic Alert
2016 Subaru Legacy Safety
Subaru is committed to keeping drivers safe on the road. This is made possible through the Subaru Legacy’s various standard safety features. All-wheel drive, which comes standard, makes driving through perilous conditions easier. A rear vision camera allows drivers to see what they usually can’t. In case of an accident, the collapsible steering column keeps drivers safe from harm.
Standard Safety Features
- Symmetrical all-wheel drive
- SUBARU BOXER® engine
- Four-wheel anti-lock brakes
- Brake assist
- Vehicle Dynamics Control
- Traction Control System
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System
- Daytime Running Lights
- Rear-vision camera
- Dual-stage deployment Subaru advanced frontal airbag system
- LATCH system
- Brake override system
- Collapsible steering column
- Ring-shaped reinforcement frame
The News Wheel is a digital auto magazine providing readers with a fresh perspective on the latest car news. We’re located in the heart of America (Dayton, Ohio) and our goal is to deliver an entertaining and informative perspective on what’s trending in the automotive world. See more articles from The News Wheel.