2017 Chrysler 200 Overview
The Chrysler 200 may be on its way out, but it’s not quite done yet. Chrysler still has a few surprises left in store for its signature mid-sized sedan.
As the 2017 Chrysler 200 is the very last model for the Chrysler 200 vehicle, Chrysler wanted to make certain that this final release was packed with some of the best features and amenities that the brand has to offer. The result is the implementation of new trim levels and prestigious features for the final Chrysler 200.
Technology in Chrysler Vehicles: Chrysler Cars Add 4G LTE Connectivity
What’s New for the 2017 Chrysler 200
For 2017, the Chrysler 200 receives new trim levels, albeit at the loss of the 90th Edition trim model.
The 2017 Chrysler 200 comes offered in two trims: The Chrysler 200 Touring and the Chrysler 200 Limited Platinum.
Additional 2017 Chrysler 200 Photos:
2017 Chrysler 200 Exterior
Chrysler vehicles are renowned for their craftsmanship, and the Chrysler 200 is no exception. While perhaps not as luxurious as its larger cousin, the Chrysler 300, the Chrysler 200 does possess an elegant, yet simplistic style.
Drivers will also find plenty of desirable features alongside the 200’s exterior. These include a rear window defroster and active grille shutters.
2017 Chrysler 200 Exterior Photos:
Exterior features available on the 2017 Chrysler 200 Touring:
- Tire service kit, Automatic headlamps with turn-off time display, Bi-function halogen projector headlamps, LED tail lamps, Active grille shutters, Body-Color power mirrors and door handles, Chrome upper grille and headlamp bezels, Lower grille mold-in-color accents and surround, Rear window defroster, Tinted windshield glass, Underbody aerodynamic treatment
Additional exterior features available on the 2017 Chrysler 200 Limited Platinum:
- Lower grille chrome surround, rear fascia chrome appliqués
2017 Chrysler 200 Performance
The 2017 Chrysler 200 comes standard with a 2.4-liter I-4 MultiAir Engine, which can be upgraded to a 2.4-liter I4 PZEV M-Air Engine. The standard engine is able to produce 184 horsepower, a formidable force when paired with the sedan’s Nine-Speed 948TE Automatic Transmission.
2017 Chrysler 200 Efficiency
In terms of efficiency, the 2017 model of the Chrysler 200 is satisfactory. Its 23/36 City/Highway mpg rating is nothing revolutionary, but it will certainly get you to your destination without costing you too much.
2017 Chrysler 200 Interior
Anyone familiar with the Chrysler brand knows that the interior is really where its vehicles shine. Such is the case for the feature-lined cabin of the 2017 Chrysler 200.
The interior of the Chrysler 200 is transformed into a luxurious environment, thanks to amenities like manual six-way driver and passenger seat adjusts. The Chrysler 200 also includes some of the brand’s most advanced systems, like the Uconnect 5.0 program.
2017 Chrysler 200 Interior Photos:
Interior features available on the 2017 Chrysler 200 Touring:
- 60/40 rear seat with trunk pass-through, Cloth seat cushion, Manual 6-way driver and passenger seat adjusts, Passenger seat height adjuster, Rear adjustable headrests, Three rear seat head restraints, Ambient LED interior lighting, Front overhead incandescent map lights, 12-volt power outlets in console and passenger-side lower console, 4 cargo tie-down loops, Accessory switch bank, Base door trim panel, Coat hooks, Compass gauge, ECO driving feedback display, Electronic vehicle information center, Front center sliding armrest, Front seatback map pockets, Full-length floor console with storage, Instrument cluster with Tachometer, Leather-wrapped steering wheel, Lit/locking glove box, LX décor group, Molded-in driver’s heel pad, Outside temperature gauge, Overhead console with sunglass holder, Passenger assist handles, Passive entry driver door and trunk, Power accessory display, Power windows with driver’s 1-touch-down feature, Rear seat armrest with cup holder, Rear view mirror with microphone, Satin chrome interior door handles, Solar control glass, Steering wheel-mounted audio controls, Sun visors with vanity mirrors, Trunk lamp
Additional interior features available on the 2017 Chrysler 200 Limited Platinum:
- Heated front seats, Leather-trimmed bucket seats with leather seat cushions, Power 4-way driver lumbar adjust, Power 6-way passenger seat, Power 8-way driver seat, Vinyl and cloth door trim panel, Auto-dimming rear view mirror with microphone, Power front windows with 1-touch up/down feature, Touring décor group
Technology available on the 2017 Chrysler 200 Touring:
- Four speakers, 5.0-inch touchscreen display, Audio jack input for mobile devices, Integrated center stack radio, Integrated voice command with Bluetooth, Integrated window antenna, Remote USB port, Uconnect 5.0
Additional technology available on the 2017 Chrysler 200 Limited Platinum:
- ParkView Rear Back-Up Camera, GPS antenna input, One-year Sirius XM radio service, six speakers, 8.4-inch touchscreen display, Harman radio manufacturer, Navigation capability, SiriusXM satellite radio with one-year subscription, Uconnect 8.4, Uconnect Access with 6-month trial
2017 Chrysler 200 Safety
Is the Chrysler 200 safe? Simply ask the experts! The 2017 Chrysler 200 was named a 2017 IIHS Top Safety Pick, thanks to its strategically-placed airbags and advanced safety features, such as the engine immobilizer.
Included in the 2017 Chrysler 200’s suite of safety features are the following:
- Brake Assist
- Driver & Passenger Inflatable Knee Airbags
- Electronic Stability Control
- Engine Immobilizer
- Front Passenger Seat Belt Alert
- Inside Emergency Trunk Lid Release
- Keyless Enter ‘n Go
- Keyless Entry with Panic Alarm
- LATCH Anchor System
- Speed Control
- Speed Sensitive Power Locks
- Supplemental Seat-Mounted and Side Curtain Airbags
- Traction Control
Special Edition Chrysler Models: Alloy Editions of Chrysler 200S and 300S Are on Their Way
The News Wheel is a digital auto magazine providing readers with a fresh perspective on the latest car news. We’re located in the heart of America (Dayton, Ohio) and our goal is to deliver an entertaining and informative perspective on what’s trending in the automotive world. See more articles from The News Wheel.