2017 Honda Accord Hybrid Overview
After being away from Honda’s lineup in 2016, the Accord Hybrid sedan returns for the 2017 model year with more power, better highway efficiency, and even more standard safety features. While the standard Honda Accord is still produced in the state of Ohio, production for the hybrid version has moved to Japan, which will improve the availability of this hybrid vehicle. Furthermore, the Honda Accord is celebrating its 40th birthday this year. Key competitors for the updated Accord Hybrid include the Toyota Camry Hybrid, Ford Fusion Hybrid, and Chevy Malibu Hybrid.
Shopping On A Budget? Discover the benefits of Honda’s Certified Pre-On Vehicle program
[wptab name=”What’s New”]
What’s new for the 2017 Honda Accord Hybrid?
This is the first year that the Accord Hybrid will benefit from the revised suspension dampers and new exterior styling that came with the 2016 model. In addition, the 2017 Honda Accord Hybrid features 16 more horsepower than the 2016 version, while highway fuel economy has also risen by 2 mpg. Other new features include more advanced safety technology, as well as a smaller battery, which improves storage space in the trunk.
2017 Honda Accord Hybrid Photos:
2017 Honda Accord Hybrid Exterior
While the redesigned Honda Accord might not be as visually striking as the Acura NSX supercar, it still features an elegant exterior design that many people say is nice-looking, but doesn’t go over the top with the look-at-me factor. The new Accord Hybrid comes standard with 17-inch alloy wheel and LED taillights. Exterior color options for the ‘17 Accord Hybrid include Vortex Blue Pearl, Crimson Pearl, and Modern Steel Metallic.
2017 Honda Accord Hybrid Photos:
Exterior available on the 2017 Honda Accord Hybrid
- Aluminum hood, Security system with remote entry and trunk release, One-touch turn indicators, Taillights with integrated LED bars, Chrome door handles, LED fog lights, Body-colored decklid spoiler, Smart Entry, Body-colored heated and powered side mirrors with integrated turn indicators and expanded view driver’s mirror, Fin-type roof-mounted antenna, Projector-beam halogen headlights with auto-on/off, 2-speed intermittent windshield wipers
Exterior available on the 2017 Honda Accord Hybrid EX-L
- Adds to or replaces features on Hybrid: One-touch power moonroof with tilt feature, Variable intermittent windshield wipers
Exterior available on the 2017 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring
- Adds to or replaces features on EX-L: LED headlights with auto-on/off, Body-colored parking sensors (front/rear), Rain-sensing variable intermittent windshield wipers, Auto high-beam headlights
2017 Honda Accord Hybrid Performance
The 2017 Honda Accord Hybrid is powered by 2.0-liter four-cylinder gasoline engine that is aided by two additional electric motors that receive their power from a lithium-ion battery. These engines work together to produced 212 horsepower, which is 27 more ponies than what’s offered in the regular Honda Accord. In addition, each new Honda Accord Hybrid comes equipped with an electronic continuously variable transmission and front-wheel drive. Drivers can select between three unique drive modes, which are Hybrid Drive, Engine Drive, and EV Drive, the latter of which allows the Accord Hybrid to travel using only electric power, but that’s only used for short trips.
2017 Honda Accord Hybrid Engine Photos:
2017 Honda Accord Hybrid Efficiency
Even though the 2017 Accord Hybrid didn’t reach Honda’s fuel efficiency goal of 50 mpg in the city like its previous offering, the new Accord Hybrid is 2 mpg more efficient on highway trips. All told, the 2017 Honda Accord Hybrid yields EPA-estimated fuel economy of 49 mpg in the city and 47 mpg on the highway. In addition, the ‘17 Accord Hybrid comes standard with a 15.8 gallon fuel tank.
2017 Honda Accord Hybrid Interior
As previously mentioned, the 2017 Accord Hybrid makes use of a smaller battery pack than the 2016 model, which improves storage space to 13.5 cubic feet in the trunk. Also, the interior of the ninth-generation Accord is roomier than some people give it credit for. Even rear passengers get to enjoy more than 39 inches of leg room. Standard equipment found inside the new Accord Hybrid includes a six-speaker sound system, dual-zone automatic climate control, and a rearview camera. However, consumers who upgrade to the EX-L trim get an Accord Hybrid that’s furnished with heated front seats, leather upholstery, and a 7-inch touchscreen that’s compatible with both Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.
2017 Honda Accord Hybrid Interior Photos:
Interior available on the 2017 Honda Accord Hybrid
- Driver’s seat with 10-way power adjustment including power lumbar support, Adjustable front seat belt anchors, Adjustable head restraints, Dual-zone automatic climate control, Power driver’ windows with auto-up/down driver’s and front passenger’s window, Illuminated power window switches, Power door locks/programmable auto-locking doors, Push button start, Cruise control, Tilt and telescoping steering column, Center console with armrest and storage compartment, HomeLink® Remote System, Driver’s and front passenger’s illuminated vanity mirrors, Map lights, Sunglasses holder, 12-volt power outlets (front and center console), Driver- and passenger-side seatback pockets, Remote fuel filler door release, remote trunk release with lock, Electronic remote trunk release, Rear window defroster, Cargo area light, Floor mats, Side door pockets, Illuminated steering wheel-mounted controls, Beverage holders (front and rear), Lockable glove compartment, Illuminated steering wheel-mounted controls, 160-watt AM/FM/CD audio system with 4 speakers, Bluetooth® streaming audio, 8-inch display audio with high-resolution WVGA, Bluetooth® HandsFreeLink, MP3/WMA playback capability, Radio Data System, Pandora® compatibility, Speed-sensitive volume control, USB audio interface
Interior available on the 2017 Honda Accord Hybrid EX-L
- Adds to or replaces features on Hybrid: Two-position memory, Leather-trimmed heated front seats, Leather-wrapped steering wheel and shift knob, Automatic-dimming rearview mirror, 360-watt premium audio system with 7 speakers and subwoofer, 7-inch display audio with high-resolution WVGA electrostatic touchscreen and customizable feature settings, HondaLink®, SMS text message function, Song By Voice, Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation System™ with voice recognition and Honda HD Digital Traffic, Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™
Interior available on the 2017 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring
- Adds to or replaces features on EX-L: HD Radio™, SiriusXM® Radio
2017 Honda Accord Hybrid Safety
The 2017 Honda Accord Hybrid midsize sedan earned the highest possible safety rating of five stars from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). In addition to standard safety features such as traction and stability control, antilock brakes, and a rearview camera, each ‘17 Accord Hybrid comes standard with the Honda Sensing package. This suite of safety technologies can help the driver and passengers star safer with features such as lane departure intervention and automatic emergency braking.
Standard Safety Features
- Collision Mitigation Braking System™
- Road Departure Mitigation System
- Vehicle Stability Assist™ with traction control
- Anti-lock braking system (ABS) with brake assist and electronic brake distribution (EBD)
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System
- LED daytime running lights
- Multi-angle rearview camera with guidelines
- Advanced Compatibility Engineering™ (ACE™) body structure
- Dual-stage multiple-threshold front airbags
- SmartVent® front side airbags
- Side curtain airbags with rollover sensor
- 3-point seat belts at all seating positions
- Front 3-point seat belts with automatic tensioning system
- Lower Anchors and Tethers for Children (LATCH)
- Driver’s and front passenger’s seat belt reminder
- Child-proof rear door locks
- Lane Keeping Assist System
- Adaptive Cruise Control
- Honda LaneWatch™
Rather Have A Truck? Take a look at the all-new 2017 Honda Ridgeline pickup