2017 Honda Accord Sedan Overview
With a reputation for excellent reliability and strong resale value, it shouldn’t come as a surprise that the Honda Accord is routinely one of the best-selling vehicles each year in the United States. In fact, this sedan is so highly rated that it’s been named to Car and Driver’s annual 10Best Cars list a record 30 times. Coming with an attractive exterior design, fun to drive nature, and impressive fuel economy, the front-wheel drive Honda Accord is a benchmark vehicle in the mid-size sedan segment. Competition for the 2017 Honda Accord sedan includes the Toyota Camry, Ford Fusion, and Hyundai Sonata.
[wptab name=”What’s New”]
What’s New for the 2017 Honda Accord Sedan?
The 2017 Honda Accord sedan is largely a carryover model from the previous year. However, a new Sport Special Edition model has been added for 2017 that comes with special features like heated seats, leather upholstery with red stitching, and Special Edition exterior badges. Also, the Honda Accord Hybrid returns to the lineup after not being offered for the 2016 model year.
2017 Honda Accord Sedan Photos:
2017 Honda Accord Sedan Exterior
Blessed with an attractive, yet refined exterior design, the 2017 Honda Accord provides an excellent combination of splendor and practically. True, it might not be as eye catching as the sixth-generation Ford Mustang or new Dodge Challenger, but the ’17 Honda Accord does come standard with stylish 16-inch alloy wheels and LED taillights, while upgrading to the Sport model brings even more eye-catching features such as LED daytime running lights and fog lights, a rear trunk lid spoiler, larger 19-inch wheels, and a dual exhaust system. In addition, a power sunroof is available on higher-level trims. Exterior color options include Lunar Silver Metallic and Blue Steel Metallic.
2017 Honda Accord Sedan Photos:
Exterior available on the 2017 Honda Accord Sedan LX
- 16-inch alloy wheels, P205/65 R16 95H all-season tires, Aluminum Hood, Integrated Rear Window Antenna, Security System with Remote Entry and Trunk Release, One-Touch Turn Indicators, Taillights with Integrated LED Light Bars, Chrome Door Handles, Variable Intermittent Windshield Wipers, Chrome Exhaust Finisher, Projector-Beam Halogen Headlights with Auto-On/Off
Exterior available on the 2017 Honda Accord Sedan Sport
- Adds to or replaces features on LX: 19-inch alloy wheels, P235/40 R19 96V all-season tires, Chrome Dual Exhaust Finishers, LED Fog Lights, Body-Colored Decklid Spoiler, Body-Colored Side Sills
Exterior available on the 2017 Honda Accord Sedan EX
- Adds to or replaces features on Sport: 17-inch alloy wheels, P215/55 R17 94V all-season tires, Chrome Exhaust Finisher, Roof-Mounted Antenna, Body-Colored Power and Heated Side Mirrors with Integrated LED Turn Indicators
Exterior available on the 2017 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L V6
- Adds to or replaces features on EX: Chrome Dual Exhaust Finishers, Hood Struts
Exterior available on the 2017 Honda Accord Sedan Touring
- Adds to or replaces features on EX-L V6: 19-inch alloy wheels, P235/40 R19 96V all-season tires, Auto High-Beam Headlights, Rain-Sensing Variable Intermittent Windshield Wipers, Body-Colored Decklid Spoiler, Body-Colored Side Sills, Body-Colored Front and Rear Parking Sensors, LED Headlights with Auto-On/Off
2017 Honda Accord Sedan Performance
The entry-level 2017 Honda Accord comes standard with a 2.4-liter four-cylinder engine and six-speed manual transmission, which combine to create 185 horsepower and 181 lb-ft of torque. The new Honda Accord sedan is also available with a continuously variable transmission (CVT) for those drivers who can do without a stick shift. Furthermore, the Sport models come with a unique exhaust system that boosts performance 4 ponies up to 189 horsepower. However, to get the most power possible, consumers should take a look at the 3.5-liter V6 engine that’s available on the EX-L and Touring models. This powerful engine is good for 278 horsepower, 252 lb-ft of torque, and only comes paired to a six-speed automatic gearbox.
2017 Honda Accord Sedan Efficiency
The 2017 Honda Accord sedan is only as fuel-efficient as the engine and transmission equipped inside the vehicle allow it to be. The base model with the four-cylinder engine and manual transmission yields an EPA-estimated 23 mpg in the city and 32 mpg on the highway. With the available CVT, the ’17 Accord with the four-cylinder gets improved efficiency of 27 mpg in the city and 36 mpg on the highway. Furthermore, while it’s true that buyers who opt for the V6 will be rewarded with more power, they’ll have to sacrifice fuel efficiency as the V6-power Accord sedan with the six-speed automatic only yields an EPA-estimated 21 mpg in the city and 33 mpg on the highway. Moreover, the 2017 Honda Accord sedan comes standard with a 17.2 gallon fuel tank.
2017 Honda Accord Sedan Interior
The 2017 Honda Accord sedan offers a roomy cabin filled with high-quality surfaces, as well as abundant seating space, as the rear seats can easily hold a pair of six-footers. In addition, Honda offers generous features even on the base model, which include a rearview camera, four-speaker audio system with USB and auxiliary ports, as well as dual-zone climate control. Taking a step up to the Sport trim also adds a leather steering wheel and 60/40 split-folding rear seats. Also, as previously mentioned, the new Sport Special Edition model comes with leather upholstery with red stitching and heated seats that could be useful during the winter months. However, for those consumers looking for a navigation system, as well as Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatibility, those features aren’t available until you reach the EX trim. It should also be mentioned that many people who have driven the ’17 Accord sedan have complimented the clear outward visibility. Lastly, for those consumers looking for a spot to put their golf clubs or gym equipment, the trunk provides almost 16 cubic feet of storage space.
2017 Honda Accord Sedan Interior Photos:
Interior available on the 2017 Honda Accord Sedan LX
- Dual-Zone Automatic Climate Control System, Power Door Locks/Programmable Auto-Locking Doors, Cruise Control, Tilt and Telescopic Steering Column, Center Console with Armrest and Storage Compartment, Front and Rear Beverage Holders, Driver’s and Front Passenger’s Illuminated Vanity Mirrors, Map Lights, Sunglasses Holder, 12-Volt Power Outlets in Front and Center Console, Driver- and Passenger-Side Seatback Pockets, Rear Window Defroster, Cargo Area Light, Floor Mats, Side Door Pockets, Driver’s Side Illuminated Power Window Switches, Power Windows with Auto-Up/Down for Driver’s and Front Passenger’s Window, Illuminated Steering Wheel-Mounted Controls (Cruise/Audio/Phone/i-MID), Driver’s Seat with Manual Height Adjustment, Fold-Down Rear Seatback, Rear Center Armrest, Adjustable Front Seat-Belt Anchors, Active Noise Cancellation; Active Sound Control; Hill Start Assist; Direct Ignition System with Immobilizer; MP3/Auxiliary Input Jack; MP3/Windows Media Audio Playback Capability; i-MID with 8-Inch High-Resolution WVGA (800×480) Screen; Bluetooth® HandsFreeLink®; Bluetooth® Streaming Audio; Pandora® Compatibility; SMS Text Message Function; Speed-Sensitive Volume Control (SVC); USB Audio Interface with Charging Port in Front; 4-Speaker, 160-Watt Audio System
Interior available on the 2017 Honda Accord Sedan Sport
- Adds to or replaces features on LX: Leather-Wrapped Steering Wheel, Aluminum Pedals, Driver’s Seat with 10-Way Power Adjustment and Power Lumbar Support, 60/40 Split Fold-Down Rear Seatback
Interior available on the 2017 Honda Accord Sedan Sport Special Edition
- Adds to or replaces features on Sport: Leather-Trimmed Seats, Front Heated Seats, Red Stitching
Interior available on the 2017 Honda Accord Sedan EX
- Adds to or replaces features on Sport Special Edition: One-Touch Power Moonroof with Tilt Feature, Illuminated Power Window Switches, Lockable Glove Compartment, Push Button Start, HomeLink Remote System, Remote Engine Start (CVT model only); Honda LaneWatch; Smart Entry; HondaLink®; SiriusXM® Radio; Apple CarPlay™; Android Auto™; HD Radio™; USB Audio Interface with Charging Port in Front and Center Console; 6-Speaker, 160-Watt Audio System; 7-Inch Display Audio with High-Resolution WVGA (800×480) Electrostatic Touch-Screen with Customizable Feature Settings
Interior available on the 2017 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L
- Adds to or replaces features on EX: Automatic-Dimming Rearview Mirror; Leather-Wrapped Steering Wheel; Leather-Trimmed Seats; Driver’s Seat with 10-Way Power Adjustment, Power Lumbar Support, and Two-Position Memory; Front Passenger’s Seat with 4-Way Power Adjustment; Front Heated Seats, Remote Engine Start; 7-Speaker, 360-Watt Audio with Subwoofer
Interior available on the 2017 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L V6
- Adds to or replaces features on EX-L: Heated Outboard Rear Seats, Variable Cylinder Management
Interior available on the 2017 Honda Accord Sedan Touring
- Adds to or replaces features on EX-L V6: Illuminated Steering Wheel-Mounted Controls (Cruise/Audio/Phone/i-MID/Navigation), Collision Mitigation Braking System; Road Departure Mitigation System; Lane Keeping Assist System; Adaptive Cruise Control; Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation System™ with Voice Recognition, Honda HD Digital Traffic, and Song by Voice®
2017 Honda Accord Sedan Safety
The ninth-generation Honda Accord sedan earned the best possible safety rating of five stars from the federal government and was also named a Top Safety Pick Plus by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS). Standard safety features for the 2017 Accord sedan include traction and stability control, a rearview camera, and antilock brakes. But, for even more advanced safety equipment, consumers should consider the HondaSensing package, which adds road-departure mitigation, adaptive cruise control, lane-keeping assist, and collision mitigation braking technology. Also available with the new Honda Accord is the LaneWatch blind-spot system, which uses a rear-mounted camera to show what’s happening on the side of the car via the cabin’s 7.7-inch display screen, thus further reducing the risk of unnecessary accidents.
Standard Safety Features
- Vehicle Stability Assist™ (VSA®) with Traction Control
- Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS)
- Electronic Brake Distribution (EBD)
- Brake Assist
- Multi-Angle Rearview Camera with Dynamic Guidelines
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
- Daytime Running Lights (DRL) (LED on Sport and higher)
- Advanced Compatibility Engineering™ (ACE™) Body Structure
- Dual-Stage, Multiple-Threshold Front Airbags (SRS)
- SmartVent® Front Side Airbags
- Side Curtain Airbags with Rollover Sensor
- 3-Point Seat Belts at all Seating Positions
- Front 3-Point Seat Belts with Automatic Tensioning System
- Driver’s and Front Passenger’s Seat-Belt Reminder
- Child-Proof Rear Door Locks
- Lower Anchors and Tethers for CHildren (LATCH)
Can’t Afford A New Car? Learn about Honda’s intriguing Certified Pre-Owned Program
The News Wheel is a digital auto magazine providing readers with a fresh perspective on the latest car news. We’re located in the heart of America (Dayton, Ohio) and our goal is to deliver an entertaining and informative perspective on what’s trending in the automotive world. See more articles from The News Wheel.