2017 Honda Civic Coupe Overview
The Honda Civic has long been a standout model in the compact car segment thanks to its affordable price tag, respectable fuel economy, and fun-to-drive nature. Honda improved upon all of those categories with its tenth-generation Civic which made its debut last year. Offering two engine options along with two available transmissions, the new Honda Civic coupe offers drivers the chance to customize the car to their specific style and taste. Carrying a starting MSRP of $19,150, the 2017 Honda Civic competes with compact rivals like the Toyota Corolla, Chevy Cruze, and Ford Focus.
[wptab name=”What’s New”]
What’s New for the 2017 Honda Civic Coupe?
Having just undergone an extensive redesign one year ago, changes to the 2017 Honda Civic were less extreme. For starters, consumers can now get a manual transmission to go along with the turbo engine. In addition, Honda is offering a hatchback version of the Civic this year and has plans to launch Si and Civic Type R models later in the year.
2017 Honda Civic Coupe Photos:
2017 Honda Civic Coupe Exterior
The 2017 Honda Civic coupe boasts a sleek and modern design that’s highlighted by its sloped roofline which gives it an even sportier appearance to go along with its available turbo motor. Every new Civic coupe comes standard with LED daytime running lights, 16-inch alloy wheels, and LED taillights. Furthermore, those consumers in need of more even style should consider the range-topping Touring trim since it comes with added features like chrome door handles and LED headlights. Exterior color options for the ‘17 Honda Civic Coupe include Aegean Blue Metallic, Rallye Red, and Taffeta White.
2017 Honda Civic Coupe Photos:
Exterior available on the 2017 Honda Civic Coupe LX
- Projector-Beam Halogen Headlights with Auto-On/Off, Integrated Rear-Window Antenna, Security System with Remote Entry and Trunk Release, Body-Colored Door Handles, Body-Colored Power Side Mirrors, Taillights with Integrated LED Light Bars, Push-to-Release Fuel Filler Door, Intermittent Windshield Wipers
Exterior available on the 2017 Honda Civic Coupe LX-P
- Adds to or replaces features on LX: Smart Entry, One-Touch Power Moonroof with Tilt Feature
Exterior available on the 2017 Honda Civic Coupe EX-T
- Adds to or replaces features on LX-P: Fog Lights, Heated Body-Colored Power Side Mirrors, Variable Intermittent Windshield Wipers, Fin-Type Roof-Mounted Antenna
Exterior available on the 2017 Honda Civic Coupe EX-L
- Comes with the same features as the EX-T.
Exterior available on the 2017 Honda Civic Coupe Touring
- Adds to or replaces features on EX-L: Chrome Door Handles, LED turn indicators, Rain-sensing windshield wipers, LED Headlights with Auto-On/Off (low & high beam)
2017 Honda Civic Coupe Performance
The 2017 Honda Civic Coupe comes standard with a 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine rated at 158 horsepower and 138 lb-ft of torque. That engine can be paired with the buyer’s choice of either a six-speed manual gearbox or Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT). Furthermore, starting with the EX-T model, buyers can upgrade to a 1.5-liter turbocharged four-cylinder engine rated at 174 horsepower and 162 lb-ft of torque. Just like with the naturally-aspirated engine, the turbo-four can be had with either a manual or CVT that sends power to the front wheels. In fact, when the Civic coupe is equipped with the optional turbo engine, it’s capable of accelerating from 0 to 60 mph in less than seven seconds.
2017 Honda Civic Coupe Efficiency
For a car that offers such an affordable price tag and spirited performance, one might think that fuel economy could be a potential drawback, but Honda made sure this wasn’t the case as the 2017 Honda Civic coupe yields an EPA-estimated 28 mpg in the city and 39 mpg on the highway when the car is equipped with the standard 2.0-liter engine and six-speed manual transmission. Moreover, when the available CVT is paired with that motor, fuel economy rises to 30 mpg in the city. Each new Civic coupe comes with a 12.4 gallon fuel tank.
2017 Honda Civic Coupe Interior
The interior of the new Honda Civic is said to be one of the most spacious, comfortable, and tech-savvy in the compact car segment. Standard equipment includes a rearview camera, automatic climate control, and a four-speaker audio system, but consumers with enough cash to upgrade to higher-level models will get even more entertaining features inside their Civics. For example, heated front seats and dual-zone climate control begin to come standard with the EX-T trim, while the EX-L model provides creature comforts such a leather-wrapped steering wheel and leather-trimmed seats. In addition to those luxurious features, the new Civic is also available with a state-of-the-art infotainment system that provides a 7-inch touchcreen, navigation technology, and Apple CarPlay compatibility.
2017 Honda Civic Coupe Interior Photos:
Interior available on the 2017 Honda Civic Coupe LX
- One-Touch Turn Indicators, Automatic Climate Control System, Driver’s and Front Passenger’s Illuminated Window and Door Lock Controls, Tilt and Telescopic Steering Column, Illuminated Steering Wheel-Mounted Controls, Door-Pocket Storage Bins (front), Headlights-On Reminder, Driver’s Seat with Manual Height Adjustment, Adjustable Head Restraints, 60/40 Split Fold-Down Rear Seatback, 12-Volt Power Outlet (front), Bluetooth® HandsFreeLink®, Bluetooth® Streaming Audio, Radio Data System, Speed-Sensitive Volume Control, 160-Watt Audio System with 4 Speakers, 5-inch Color LCD Screen
Interior available on the 2017 Honda Civic Coupe LX-P
- Adds to or replaces features on LX: Push Button Start
Interior available on the 2017 Honda Civic Coupe EX-T
- Adds to or replaces features on LX-P: Dual-Zone Automatic Climate Control System, LED Pocket Light, Heated Front Seats, Honda LaneWatch™, 450-Watt Premium Audio System with 10 Speakers, 7-Inch Display Audio with High-Resolution WVGA (800×480) Electrostatic Touch-Screen and Customizable Feature Settings, Apple CarPlay®, Android Auto™, HondaLink®, Pandora® Compatibility, SMS Text Message Function, SiriusXM® Radio, HD Radio™
Interior available on the 2017 Honda Civic Coupe EX-L
- Adds to or replaces features on EX-T: Leather-Wrapped Steering Wheel, Leather-Wrapped Shift Knob, Automatic-Dimming Rearview Mirror, Leather-Trimmed Seats
Interior available on the 2017 Honda Civic Coupe Touring
- Adds to or replaces features on EX-L: Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS)*, Adaptive Cruise Control with Low-Speed Follow, , Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation System™ with Voice Recognition*, Honda HD Digital Traffic and Song By Voice® (SBV)
2017 Honda Civic Coupe Safety
Not only did the 2017 Honda Civic earn the best possible safety rating of five stars from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, but it also received Top Safety Pick+ honors from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety. Each new Honda Civic coupe comes standard with a rearview camera, tire pressure monitoring system, and antilock brakes. In addition, the Japanese automaker also offers the Honda Sensing safety package. This available package features advanced safety equipment such as lane departure warning, lane departure intervention, adaptive cruise control, and forward collision warning with automatic emergency braking.
Standard Safety Features
- Vehicle Stability Assist™ (VSA®) with Traction Control
- Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS)
- Electronic Brake Distribution (EBD)
- Brake Assist
- Multi-Angle Rearview Camera* with Guidlines
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
- LED Daytime Running Lights (DRL)
- Dual Stage, Multiple-Threshold Front Airbags
- SmartVent® Front Side Airbags
- Side Curtain Airbags with Rollover Sensor
- Lower Anchors and Tethers for CHildren (LATCH)