2017 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport Overview
The 2017 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport is a crossover SUV that carries a starting MSRP of $25,350. The new Santa Fe Sport features a restyled exterior and is backed by Hyundai’s 10-year/100,000 mile powertrain limited warranty. The Hyundai Santa Fe Sport will be competing for sales with the Toyota RAV4, Ford Edge, and Honda CR-V.
[wptab name=”What’s New”]
The 2017 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport comes with restyled front and rear fascias that provide the crossover with a more athletic look. The two four-cylinder engine options have also been adjusted to increase fuel efficiency, but they now come with slightly less horsepower. Additionally, two new infotainment systems are offered with the Santa Fe Sport for the new model year.
2017 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport Photos:
2017 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport Exterior
The athletic appearance of the 2017 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport was made possible by its new front and rear fascias, as well as its fresh taillight design and new trim around the rocker panels. The 2017 Santa Fe Sport comes standard with 17-inch alloy-wheels, but consumers have the choice to upgrade to 18-inch alloys or the brand new dark gray 19-inch alloy wheels. Other available features include HID headlights with Dynamic Bending Light and hands-free Smart Liftgate with auto open. The Smart Liftgate allows its buyer to open the rear liftgate just by standing three feet behind the vehicle for three seconds with the proximity key.
2017 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport Photos:
Exterior available on the 2017 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
- Body-colored dual power manual-folding side mirrors, Heated mirrors, Body-colored rear spoiler with LED center high-mount stop light, Rear wiper/washer, Windshield wiper de-icer (AWD), Chrome door handles, Front solar glass and rear privacy glass, Projector headlights with LED accents, Automatic headlight control
Exterior available on the 2017 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport 2.0T
- Adds to or replaces features on Sport: Roof side rails, Side mirror turn-signal indicators, LED Daytime Running Lights (DRL), Hands-free Smart Liftgate with auto open
Exterior available on the 2017 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport 2.0T Ultimate
- Adds to or replaces features on 2.0T: Premium exterior lower door trim, HID headlights with LED accents, LED tail lights
2017 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport Performance
There are two available engines for the 2017 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport and they both come matched with a six-speed automatic transmission. The standard engine is an inline four-cylinder that produces 185 horsepower and 178 lb-ft of torque. The other available engine is an inline turbo four-cylinder rated at 240 horsepower and 260 lb-ft of torque. Furthermore, every version of the 2017 Santa Fe Sport is available in either front-wheel or all-wheel drive.
2017 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport Efficiency
Fuel efficiency for 2017 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport varies depending on the consumer’s choice of powertrain. The FWD Sport model yields an EPA-estimated 21 mpg in the city and 27 mpg on the highway. Fuel Economy for the AWD Sport 2.0T trim dips slightly to 19 mpg in the city and 26 mpg on the highway. In addition, the 2017 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport comes standard with a 17.4 gallon fuel tank.
2017 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport Interior
The 2017 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport provides two rows of seating for up to five passengers. There are 71.5 cubic feet of available storage space behind the rear seats and the cabin also comes standard with a rearview camera, USB and auxiliary input jacks, 6-speaker audio system, and a Bluetooth hands-free phone system. Consumers have the choice to upgrade to a 7-inch touchscreen color audio display system that’s compatible with Android Auto, or they can dig even further into their pockets for the optional 8-inch touchscreen, which comes with a navigation system and premium Infinity audio system with 12 speakers.
Interior available on the 2017 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
- Air conditioning, YES Essentials® stain-resistant cloth, Five passenger seating, Seatback pockets, 40/20/40 split-folding second row bench seat, 12-volt power outlets (four total), Center armrest with storage compartment, Power windows and locks, Tilt-and-telescoping steering wheel, Steering-wheel mounted audio/cruise/Bluetooth controls, Sun visors with illuminated vanity mirrors, Illuminated ignition, AM/FM/SiriusXM/CD/MP3 six-speaker system, Bluetooth hands-free phone system, Smartphone/USB/Aux input jacks, SiriusXM subscription (three months), Five-inch display audio system
Interior available on the 2017 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport 2.0T
- Adds to or replaces features on Sport: Dual front automatic temperature control with CleanAir, Leather seating surfaces, Eight-way power driver seat with four-way power lumbar support, Six-way power front passenger seat with power height adjust, Heated front seats, Sliding second row seats with cargo area releases, Premium door sill plates, Leather-wrapped steering and shift knob, Manual rear side window sunshades, Auto-dimming rearview mirror with HomeLink and compass, Blue Link® Connected Car System, HD Radio with multicasting, Android Auto, Seven-inch display audio system, Proximity Key entry with push button start, Blind Spot Detection (BSD), Rear Cross-traffic Alert (RCTA), Lane Change Assist
Interior available on the 2017 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport 2.0T Ultimate
- Adds to or replaces features on 2.0T: Panoramic sunroof, Integrated Memory System (IMS) for driver seat and side mirrors, Heated second row seats, Ventilated front seats, Heated steering wheel, 12-speaker Infinity® Premium Audio with QuantumLogic® Surround and Clari-Fi™ Music Restoration Technology, Eight-inch touchscreen navigation, Rear parking sensors, Multi-view Camera System
2017 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport Safety
The 2016 version of the Santa Fe Sport secured the best possible safety rating of five stars from the federal government, but failed to earn Top Safety Pick distinction from the IIHS due to its “Marginal” score in the small overlap frontal-impact crash test. However, due to the results of internal testing, Hyundai projects that the 2017 Santa Fe Sport will earn a Top Safety Pick+ rating. Besides coming standard with traction and stability control, the new Santa Fe also offers advanced safety features such as Dynamic Bending Light, which adjusts your headlights according to the direction of the curve as the driver rotates the steering wheel. Another available advanced safety feature is the multi-view camera system, which uses four cameras to prove the driver with a 360 degree view of everything outside the new Santa Fe Sport.
Standard Safety Features
- Vehicle Stability Management (VSM) system
- Electronic Stability Control (ESC)
- Traction Control System (TCS)
- Four-wheel, four-channel Anti-lock Braking System (ABS)
- Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD) and Brake Assist (BA)
- Downhill Brake Control
- Hill start Assist Control
- Advanced airbag system
- Tire Pressure Monitoring
- LATCH for child seats
- Front and rear crumple zone
- Remote keyless entry with alarm
Not Into Crossovers? Take a peek at the 2017 Mitsubishi Mirage
The News Wheel is a digital auto magazine providing readers with a fresh perspective on the latest car news. We’re located in the heart of America (Dayton, Ohio) and our goal is to deliver an entertaining and informative perspective on what’s trending in the automotive world. See more articles from The News Wheel.