2017 Lincoln MKX Overview
The 2017 Lincoln MKX is a five-passenger luxury SUV that distinguishes itself from other premium competitors by simply offering more. The Black Label trim makes the purchasing process and ownership experience more personal than ever before, while features like 22-way power-adjustable seats and a 19-speaker sound system make you wonder at what point you no longer need more configuration and more speakers. Still, there’s something gleeful in giving in to such an unabashed excess of decadence.
The 2017 Lincoln MKX is available in four trims: Premiere, Select, Reserve, and Black Label.
Related: Why buy Lincoln Black Label
[wptab name=”What’s New”]
What’s New for the 2017 Lincoln MKX?
The 2017 Lincoln MKX is relatively unchanged compared to the previous model, which had received a substantial refresh for 2016. Of note is that adaptive steering is now included in the optional Driver Assistance package.
2017 Lincoln MKX Exterior
You couldn’t be faulted for recognizing a bit of the Ford Edge in the 2017 Lincoln MKX, but for the most part the luxury SUV stands very much on its own with signature Lincoln style, starting with the split grille at the front. To make the car more distinct, Lincoln has added a full arsenal of LED lights and stylish wheels with diameters ranging from 18 inches to 21 inches on the Black Label trim. Overall the Lincoln MKX comes off looking very stately and dignified, without any of the proportional quirks seen on some of the other vehicles in the premium brand’s lineup.
The 2017 Lincoln MKX is available in the following exterior colors: Black Velvet, Palladium White Gold, Luxe, Magnetic, Midnight Sapphire, Burgundy Velvet, Ruby Red, White Platinum, Ingot Silver, and Diamond Black.
2017 Lincoln MKX Exterior Photos:
Exterior available on Premiere:
- HID headlamps with LED dynamic signature lighting and autolamp, LED taillamps with LED reverse lamps, Chrome door inserts, Dual exhaust chrome tips, Easy Fuel capless fuel filler, Reverse Sensing System, Heated adjustable side mirrors with memory feature, Integrated blind spot mirrors, Rear window defroster with wiper, Solar-tinted glass windshield, Privacy glass passenger windows, 18-inch painted aluminum wheels
Exterior available on Select (adds to or replaces features on Premiere):
- LED daytime running lamps, Hands-free power liftgate, Power-folding exterior mirrors, High-gloss Walnut Swirl wood trim
Exterior available on Reserve (adds to or replaces features on Select):
- Adaptive HID headlamps, Panoramic Vista Roof, 20-inch premium painted aluminum 20-spoke wheels
Exterior available on Black Label (adds to or replaces features on Black Label):
- Black accented exterior badging
2017 Lincoln MKX Performance
The 2017 Lincoln MKX is offered with your choice of two engines: a 3.7-liter V6 that makes 303 horsepower and 278 lb-ft of torque and a 2.7-liter twin-turbocharged EcoBoost V6 that cranks the numbers up to 335 horsepower and 380 lb-ft of torque. Both come with a six-speed automatic transmission and both are available with either front-wheel drive (FWD) or all-wheel drive (AWD). Though the EcoBoost V6 costs an extra $2,000 over the regular V6, the extra grunt is well worth the price and could even save you in the long run thanks to its efficiency.
2017 Lincoln MKX Efficiency
Thanks to the turbocharging magic that is reusing exhaust gasses to minimize inefficiency and increase power, 2017 Lincoln MKX models powered by the EcoBoost V6 actually get slightly better fuel economy than the 3.7-liter V6 despite making more power. The base engine gets an EPA-estimated 17/25/20 mpg city/highway/combined with FWD and 16/23/19 mpg with AWD. Meanwhile, the EcoBoost V6 gets 18/25/20 mpg with FWD and 17/24/19 mpg with AWD.
2017 Lincoln MKX Interior
Even though opulence is supposed to be the name of the 2017 Lincoln MKX game, it is hard not to be pleasantly surprised to find it offers extravagant 22-way power-adjustable seats that can not only heat or cool their occupants but also massage their backs and legs. We’d be happy to leave it at that and call the Lincoln MKX’s interior a success, but then we’d omit mentioning the enormous Panoramic Vista Roof, the excellent 8-inch SYNC 3 infotainment system, or the 40 inches of rear-seat legroom. Yes, that’s a lot of legroom, and there’s even more of it at the front.
The 2017 Lincoln MKX is available in the following interior colors: Ebony, Cappuccino, Hazelnut, and Terra Cotta.
2017 Lincoln MKX Interior Photos:
Interior available on Premiere:
- Features: Auto-dimming interior rearview mirror, Dual-illuminated visor vanity mirrors with sliding feature, Dual-zone electronic automatic temperature controls, Front center floor console with armrest and storage, Instrument cluster with driver-configurable LCD screen, Leather-wrapped steering wheel with mounted controls, Manual tilt/telescopic steering column, Overhead console with sunglasses holder, Particulate air filtration system, Luxury Soft Touch seating surfaces, 10-way power heated front seats with driver-side memory, 60/40 split-folding second row bench with EasyFold release, Brushed aluminum trim
- Radio and Technology: Remote start system, Push-button start, Lincoln Experience, Intelligent Access with push-button start, Two smart charging USB ports, AM/FM radio with single-CD player, 10 speakers including subwoofer, Sirius XM Satellite Radio, SYNC3 with 8-inch color LCD capacitive touchscreen in center stack with swiping capability
Interior available on Select (adds to or replaces features on Premiere):
- Features: Ambient lighting, Power tilt-telescoping steering column, Open Pore Ash Swirl wood trim, Bridge of Weir Deepsoft leather-trimmed seats
- Radio and Technology: Universal garage door opener
Interior available on Reserve (adds to or replaces features on Reserve):
- Features: Heated and cooled front seats
- Radio and Technology: BLIS Blind Spot Information System with Cross-Traffic Alert, Embedded Modem, Available navigation with SiriusXM Traffic and SiriusXM Travel Link
Interior available on Black Label (adds to or replaces features on Black Label):
- Features: Venetian leather-trimmed seats, Alcantara headliner and trimmed floor mats
- Radio and Technology: Revel Ultima audio system with 19 speakers and QuantumLogic Surround Technology
2017 Lincoln MKX Safety
Lincoln doesn’t mess about when it comes to safety. The 2017 Lincoln MKX earned the NHTSA’s highest-possible five-star rating for overall safety as well as 2017 Top Safety Pick distinction from the IIHS after acing all of its crash tests and earning the top “Superior” score for front crash prevention. Just check out all of its safety features listed below.
Standard Safety Features
- AdvanceTrac with Roll Stability Control
- Electric Power-Assisted Steering
- Curve Control
- Torque Vectoring Control
- Auto Hold
- Hill Start Assist
- Rear view camera
- Side impact and driver’s knee airbags
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System
- Glove-Box integrated knee airbag
- Height-adjustable seat belts
- Personal Safety System
- Safety Canopy System
- SOS Post-Crash Alert System
- Perimeter alarm
- SecuriCode keyless entry keypad
- SecuriLock Passive Anti-Theft System
The News Wheel is a digital auto magazine providing readers with a fresh perspective on the latest car news. We’re located in the heart of America (Dayton, Ohio) and our goal is to deliver an entertaining and informative perspective on what’s trending in the automotive world. See more articles from The News Wheel.