2018 GMC Sierra 1500 Overview
In true GMC fashion, the new 2018 GMC Sierra 1500 brings power and performance to the table. On top of offering a 6.2-liter EcoTech3 V8 engine, the 2018 Sierra 1500 offers luxury and advanced technology on the inside. The Sierra 1500 is destined to make its mark.
Model Overview: 2017 GMC Sierra 1500
What’s new for the 2018 GMC Sierra 1500?
Compared to last year’s model, the 2018 Sierra 1500 brings some new features to the table. The 2018 model offers the most advanced technology with features such as Teen Driver mode and OnStar Delete. The new model also comes with a standard GMC Infotainment System with a seven-inch diagonal color touchscreen, an upgrade from last year’s AM/FM stereo with a 4.2-inch diagonal color display.
2018 GMC Sierra 1500 Photos:
2018 GMC Sierra 1500 Exterior
The exterior look of the GMC Sierra 1500 is classic – the rugged, structured look you want in your ideal pickup truck. With five different body configurations, drivers can customize the cab just the way they like. Drivers can choose from a Regular Cab, Standard Box; Regular Cab, Long Box; Double Cab, Standard Box; Crew Cab, Short Box; and Crew Cab, Standard Box (4WD only). The vehicle comes at four different trim levels: Sierra, SLE, SLT, and Denali for further customization. In addition to the body structure customization, the vehicle is available in nine body colors to help you find your perfect match: Dark Slate Metallic, Quicksilver Metallic, Onyx Black, White Frost Tricoat, Summit White, Cardinal Red, Stone Blue Metallic, Red Quartz Tintcoat, and Deep Mahogany Metallic.
2018 GMC Sierra 1500:
Exterior available on the 2018 GMC Sierra 1500
- Chrome grille surround, CornerStep rear chrome bumper, Front chrome bumper, Locking tailgate, 17-inch P255/70R17 all-season tires, 17-inch painted steel wheels, Black door handles, Four upper cargo box tie-downs, Manual-folding Black exterior mirrors, Solar absorbing tinted glass
Exterior available on the 2018 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE
- Adds to or replaces features on Sierra: EZ-Lift and Lower tailgate, Body-colored door handles, Remote Locking Tailgate, 17-inch premium painted aluminum machined wheels, Deep-tinted glass, Rear wheelhouse liners, Heated and power-adjustable outside mirrors, Cargo box LED lighting, Body-colored body-side moldings
Exterior available on the 2018 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT
- Adds to or replaces features on SLE: 18-inch polished aluminum wheels, Thin profile LED fog lamps, LED taillamps, Chrome body side moldings, Power-adjustable and power-folding outside mirrors, Chrome door handles
Exterior available on the 2018 GMC Sierra 1500 Denali
- Adds to or replaces features on SLT: IntelliBeam headlamps, Six-inch Chrome rectangular assist steps, Spray-on bedliner, 20-inch ultra bright machined aluminum wheels, 20-inch P275/55R20 all-season tires, Power rear sliding window with defogger, Body-color rear bumper, Body-color front bumper
2018 GMC Sierra 1500 Performance
Built for performance, the 2018 Sierra 1500 does not disappoint on the roadways. The 2018 model comes with three different engine options: a 4.3-liter EcoTech3 V6 engine, a 5.3-liter EcoTech3 V8 engine, and a 6.2-liter EcoTech3 V8 engine. The 4.3-liter V6 engine, standard on the Sierra and SLE, earns 285 horsepower and 305 lb-ft of torque when paired with its six-speed automatic transmission. The 5.3-liter V8 engine, available on the Sierra and SLE and standard on the SLT and Denali, earns 355 horsepower and 383 lb-ft of torque when paired with the six-speed automatic transmission. Finally, the 6.2-liter V8 engine is available on the two range-topping trims: the SLT and the Denali. The 6.2-liter engine earns 420 horsepower and 450 lb-ft of torque, paired with its eight-speed automatic transmission.
2018 GMC Sierra 1500 Efficiency
The 2018 Sierra 1500’s efficiency varies based on its three engine options and your choice of 2WD or 4WD. The smallest, the 4.3-liter V6 engine, earns an estimated 18/24/20 MPG City/Highway/Combined when paired with 2WD and 17/22/19 MPG City/Highway/Combined when paired with the 4WD. The medium-sized engine, the 5.3-liter V8 engine, earns an estimated 16/23/19 MPG City/Highway/Combined with 2WD and 16/22/18 MPG City/Highway/Combined with 4WD. At the top of the engine range is the 6.2-liter V8 engine, earning an estimated 15/21/17 MPG City/Highway/Combined with 2WD and a similar 15/20/17 MPG City/Highway/Combined with 4WD.
2018 GMC Sierra 1500 Interior
Dressed to impress, the 2018 Sierra 1500 comes with upgraded technology features and luxury interior features to make your experience the best one possible. Offering features such as heated and ventilated seating, a heated steering wheel, an eight-inch diagonal color touchscreen with navigation, and more, the 2018 model holds its own.
2018 GMC Sierra 1500 Interior Photos:
Interior available on the 2018 GMC Sierra 1500
- Front 40/20/40 split-bench seat, Manual tilt steering column, Power door locks, Power windows, Single-zone manual air conditioning, GMC Infotainment System with seven-inch diagonal color touchscreen, Rear Vision Camera, Six-speaker sound system, Cruise control, Driver Information Center
Interior available on the 2018 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE
- Adds to or replaces features on Sierra: Color-keyed carpet with rubberized vinyl floor mats, Heated driver and front passenger seating, Front 40/20/40 leather-appointed split-bench seat, Remote Keyless Entry, Steering wheel audio controls, Leather-wrapped steering wheel, Single-slot CD/MP3 player, SiriusXM, GMC Infotainment System with eight-inch diagonal screen, HD Radio
Interior available on the 2018 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT
- Adds to or replaces features on SLE: 110-volt AC power outlet, Carpeted front and rear floor mats, Driver and front passenger heated and leather-appointed seats, Dual-zone automatic climate control, Power-adjustable pedals, Manual tilt and telescoping steering column, Universal Home Remote, Remote vehicle starter system, Theft-deterrent system
Interior available on the 2018 GMC Sierra 1500 Denali
- Adds to or replaces features on SLT: Front full-feature and leather-appointed bucket seats, Heated steering wheel, Heated and ventilated seating, Floor console, Wireless charging, Hill Descent Control, Lane Keep Assist, Eight-inch Diagonal Color Touchscreen with Navigation, Forward Collision Alert, Low Speed Forward Automatic Braking, Safety Alert Seat, Front and Rear Park Assist, Bose sound system
2018 GMC Sierra 1500 Safety
With key safety features, the 2018 Sierra 1500 is working hard to keep you and your loved ones safe behind the wheel. The 2018 model comes brand new with a Teen Driver mode, allowing parents to adjust restrictions and controls within the vehicle to teach their teens positive driving habits. These features can be enacted even when the parents aren’t in the vehicle, making it easier to monitor your teen’s progress.
Standard Safety Features
- Tire pressure monitoring system
- Daytime running lamps
- OnStar Delete
- Teen Driver
- Dual-stage frontal and seat mounted side-impact air bags for driver and front passenger and head curtain air bags for front and rear outboard seating positions
- StabiliTrak electronic stability control system
Take Care: New Car Care Tips
The News Wheel is a digital auto magazine providing readers with a fresh perspective on the latest car news. We’re located in the heart of America (Dayton, Ohio) and our goal is to deliver an entertaining and informative perspective on what’s trending in the automotive world. See more articles from The News Wheel.