2018 GMC Terrain Overview
The all-new 2018 GMC Terrain provides customization and optimum utility. Available at six different trim levels, drivers can choose the vehicle that’s right for them. The 2018 Terrain comes with fold-flat front-passenger and second-row seats, making it quick and easy to create more space in the vehicle. Durability and performance come standard on the Terrain with a choice of three different engines for even further customization.
Model Showroom: 2017 GMC Vehicles
[wptab name=”What’s New”]
What’s new for the 2018 GMC Terrain?
Available at six trim levels (SL, SLE, SLE Diesel, SLT, SLT Diesel, and Denali), the 2018 GMC Terrain comes new and improved. The 2017 GMC Terrain was available at five trim levels, making the 2018 model even more customizable. The exterior of the vehicle has new, defined contouring to give it a leaner, sleeker look. The wheels have been slimmed down from last year’s 18-inch alloy wheels to new 17-inch aluminum wheels for a lighter touch.
2018 GMC Terrain Photos:
2018 GMC Terrain Exterior
The 2018 Terrain’s exterior has been slimmed down, adding contouring throughout the body for a slimmer and more athletic stance. The vehicle comes standard with a variety of classic GMC Terrain features including deep-tinted rear class and outside heated power-adjustable mirrors. For an upgraded look, the range-topping trim comes with LED headlamps and 19-inch Ultra-Bright machined aluminum wheels.
2018 GMC Terrain Photos:
Exterior available on the 2018 GMC Terrain SL
- Automatic delay headlamps, Taillamps with LED signature lighting, Body-color door handles, C-Shaped LED Signature Lighting, Manual rear liftgate, Deep-tinted rear glass, HID headlamps, Automatic on/off headlamps, 17-inch silver painted aluminum wheels, Outside heated power-adjustable mirrors
Exterior available on the 2018 GMC Terrain SLE
- Contains the same exterior fearures as the SL
Exterior available on the 2018 GMC Terrain SLE Diesel
- Adds to or replaces features on SLE: Roof-mounted side rails, Power programmable rear liftgate
Exterior available on the 2018 GMC Terrain SLT
- Adds to or replaces features on SLE Diesel: Manual rear liftgate, 18-inch machined aluminum wheels with dark gray accents, Front fog lamps, Heated auto-dimming power-adjustable side mirrors with turn indicators
Exterior available on the 2018 GMC Terrain SLT Diesel
- Adds to or replaces features on SLT: Hands-free power programmable liftgate
Exterior available on the 2018 GMC Terrain Denali
- Adds to or replaces features on SLT Diesel: LED headlamps, 19-inch Ultra-Bright machined aluminum wheels, 17-inch compact spare tire, Body-color door handles with chrome surround
2018 GMC Terrain Performance
The 2018 model comes with three different engine options across its six trims; drivers can choose between a 1.5-liter four-cylinder VVT Turbo engine, a 2.0-liter four-cylinder VVT Turbo engine, or a 1.6-liter four-cylinder VVT Turbo diesel engine for the ultimate customization. The 1.5-liter engine comes standard on the SL, SLE, and SLT, earning 170 horsepower and 203 lb-ft of torque when paired with the nine-speed automatic transmission. The 2.0-liter is also paired with a nine-speed automatic transmission, earning an impressive 252 horsepower and 260 lb-ft of torque; this engine is available on the SLE and standard on the Denali. The 1.6-liter diesel engine comes standard on the SLE Diesel and SLT Diesel trims, paired with a six-speed automatic transmission; the diesel engine earns those vehicles 137 horsepower and 240 lb-ft of torque. EPA fuel economy estimates are not yet available for the 2018 GMC Terrain.
2018 GMC Terrain Interior
The 2018 Terrain interior is both functional and luxurious. With fold-flat front-passenger and second-row seats, you can quickly create even more storage space to fit your needs. The 2018 model also comes standard with advanced technology features including several OnStar® systems, a rear vision camera, and USB ports throughout the vehicle. With the vehicle’s deluxe interior, you will feel pampered and at ease on any journey.
2018 GMC Terrain Interior Photos:
Interior available on the 2018 GMC Terrain SL
- Humidity sensor, Single-zone manual air conditioning, Driver and passenger seatback map pockets, 4-way manual driver and front passenger seat adjusters, Electronic-set cruise control, Rear vision camera, Remote panic alarm with theft deterrent system, Leather-wrapped steering wheel with mounted controls, Front carpeted floor mats, Inside manual day/night rearview mirror, Power windows with driver/passenger/rear Express Up/Down, 12-volt auxiliary front and cargo power outlets, Six-speaker system, 3.5-inch monochromatic driver info screen, 7-inch GMC Infotainment System, OnStar® Guidance Plan Limited Service Trial, 2 USB data ports, OnStar® 4G LTE and available built-in Wi-Fi® hotspot, 2 USB charging-only ports, Keyless Open and Start, OnStar® Basic plan for five years, Bluetooth® for phone and audio streaming*, Driver Information Center
Interior available on the 2018 GMC Terrain SLE
- Adds to or replaces features on SL: Auto-dimming inside rearview mirror, Rear carpeted floor mats, Mechanical jack with tools, Compass display
Interior available on the 2018 GMC Terrain SLE Diesel
- Adds to or replaces features on SLE: 8-way power driver seat with 2-way power lumbar, Auxiliary cabin heater, Dual-zone automatic climate control, Heated driver and front passenger seats, Remote start
Interior available on the 2018 GMC Terrain SLT
- Adds to or replaces features on SLE Diesel: Perforated leather-appointed seat trim, 4.2-inch multi-color driver information screen, 8-inch GMC Infotainment System, Additional 2 USB dual data ports, SD card reader, SiriusXM Satellite Radio
Interior available on the 2018 GMC Terrain SLT Diesel
- Adds to or replaces features on SLT: 110-volt power outlet on center console, Memory Settings package, Front passenger 6-way power seat, Heated steering wheel, Universal Home Remote
Interior available on the 2018 GMC Terrain Denali
- Adds to or replaces features on SLT Diesel: HD Radio, Safety Alert Seat, Rear Cross Traffic Alert, Blind Zone Alert and Lane Change Alert, Bose® premium seven-speaker system, Rear Park Assist, Navigation System
*Go to gm.com/bluetooth to see which phones are compatible with each vehicle.
2018 GMC Terrain Safety
In addition to the standard safety features on the 2018 Terrain, the new model comes with an extremely important feature: an electronic rear seat reminder. This feature allows a notification to pop up on your dashboard, as seen above, to remind you to check the backseat before you get out of the car. This feature is to help prevent animals, children, or other items from being left in the back seat unattended. The vehicle also comes with Teen Driver Mode, allowing parents to set restrictions and other controls for their teenager’s time behind the wheel, even when the parents are not in the car.
Standard Safety Features
- Four-wheel ABS
- Traction Control
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System
- Teen Driver Mode
- Electric Assist Steering
- LATCH for child safety setting
- Programmable power door locks
- Passenger Sensing System
- Advanced Airbag System
Model Overview: 2017 GMC Terrain