2018 GMC Yukon Overview
As a full-size SUV, the 2018 GMC Yukon offers space, style, and performance in one unique package. The Yukon can accommodate larger families as well as significant amounts of cargo.
The 2018 GMC Yukon is available at three trim levels: SLE, SLT, and Denali.
What’s New for the 2018 GMC Yukon?
The GMC Yukon has several updated features for the 2018 model year, both inside and out. Underneath the hood, the 2018 Yukon comes with a new Hydra-Matic 10-speed transmission for optimum performance. For appearance, the Yukon’s grille has been redesigned for the Denali trim to create a unique, powerful exterior.
2018 GMC Yukon Photos:
2018 GMC Yukon Exterior
Decorated with a new grille design, the 2018 GMC Yukon’s exterior stands out among the crowd. For extra cargo storage on the exterior, the base trim comes standard with a roof-mounted luggage rack. For easy access to the vehicle’s interior, and added convenience, the SLT trim offers a hands-free power programmable liftgate.
2018 GMC Yukon Photos:
Exterior features available on the 2018 GMC Yukon SLE
- Black assist steps with Chrome accent, Outside heated power-adjustable body-color manual-folding mirrors, Deep tinted glass, Rainsense™ automatic wipers, 17-inch full size spare wheel, Available power liftgate, Daytime Running Lamps, Headlamps, Roof-mounted luggage rack, Manual liftgate, 18-inch bright machined aluminum wheels, Fog lamps with Chrome surround, Rear wipers
Exterior features available on the 2018 GMC Yukon SLT
- Outside heated power-adjustable body-color manual-folding mirrors with integrated turn signal indicators, Intellibeam® headlamps, Hands-Free Power Programmable Liftgate, Available power sunroof
Exterior features available on the 2018 GMC Yukon Denali
- 20-inch ultra bright machined aluminum wheels, 20-inch all-season blackwall tires, Bright bodyside moldings
2018 GMC Yukon Performance
When it comes to power under the hood, the 2018 GMC Yukon allows drivers to choose between two performance levels. On the first two trim levels, the GMC Yukon comes standard with a 5.3-liter EcoTec3 V8 engine. This engine is paired to a six-speed automatic transmission, earning 355 horsepower and 383 lb-ft of torque. The upgraded, range-topping Denali offers a 6.2-liter EcoTec3 V8 engine paired to a Hydra-Matic 10-speed automatic transmission. Together, the Denali’s powertrain exudes an impressive 420 horsepower and 460 lb-ft of torque.
2018 GMC Yukon Efficiency
As with the Yukon’s performance, the 2018 model offers two levels of efficiency based on the consumer’s choice of powertrain. With the base 5.3-liter V8 engine, drivers can get an estimated 16/22/26 MPG City/Highway/Combined.* If you decide to upgrade to the Denali, with a 6.2-liter V8 engine, you can expect 14/22/26 MPG City/Highway/Combined.*
*EPA estimates. Actual mileage will vary.
2018 GMC Yukon Interior
Equipped with three rows of seating, the cabin of the 2018 GMC Yukon comfortably seats up to nine passengers, with extra room for cargo, too. If you need extra storage space, the Yukon comes with second- and third-row manual-folding 60/40 split-bench seats. The base trim also comes with a cargo net and an available front console organizer to help optimize your storage space inside the cabin.
2018 GMC Yukon Interior Photos:
Interior features available on the 2018 GMC Yukon SLE
- Interior: Remote start, Second row manual-folding 60/40 split-bench seats, Third row manual-folding 60/40 split-bench seats, Available Front Premium Cloth 40/20/40 split bench seats, Manual tilt steering column, Leather-wrapped steering wheel, Tri-zone automatic climate control, Remote keyless entry, Rear window defogger, Cargo net, Floor mats, Front Premium Cloth bucket seats, Available front console organizer
- Radio and Technology: HD Radio, 8-inch diagonal GMC Infotainment System, Available headrest mounted dual DVD rear seat entertainment system, 4G Wi-Fi® hotspot, 4.2-inch multi-color Driver Information Center, Bose premium nine-speaker sound system, SiriusXM® Satellite Radio, OnStar® Guidance Plan with Limited Trial Service, Single-slot CD/MP3 player
Interior features available on the 2018 GMC Yukon SLT
- Interior: Inside rearview auto-dimming mirror, Power tilt and telescopic steering column, Front perforated leather-appointed bucket seats, Power-adjustable pedals, Available Adaptive Cruise Control with Forward Automatic Braking, Keyless open, Third row power-folding 60/40 split-bench seats, Heated leather-wrapped steering wheel, Second row 60/40 split-folding bench seats with power release, Heated second row seats
- Radio and Technology: Available Enhanced Security Package, Available Rear Seat Entertainment System with Blu-Ray/DVD player, Universal Home Remote
Interior features available on the 2018 GMC Yukon Denali
- Interior: Second row bucket seats with power release, Wireless charging
- Radio and Technology: 8-inch diagonal GMC Infotainment System with Navigation, 8-inch multi-color enhanced Driver Information Center
2018 GMC Yukon Safety
With a full-size SUV to fit the entire family, safety is of the utmost importance. To help protect you and your family, the 2018 GMC Yukon comes standard with a seven airbag system. To help prevent an accident, the Yukon comes with active safety features like a StabiliTrak® electronic stability control system, a four-wheel anti-lock brake system, and Daytime Running Lamps. A rear vision camera also comes standard on all trim levels, making it easier than ever for drivers to maneuver the full-size SUV.
Standard Safety Features on the 2018 GMC Yukon
- Four-wheel anti-lock, four-wheel disc brakes
- Seven air bags
- Front and Rear Park Assist
- Daytime Running Lamps
- StabiliTrak® electronic stability control system
- Tire Pressure Monitor System with Tire Fill Alert
- Rear vision camera
- LATCH system
- Passenger Sensing System
The News Wheel is a digital auto magazine providing readers with a fresh perspective on the latest car news. We’re located in the heart of America (Dayton, Ohio) and our goal is to deliver an entertaining and informative perspective on what’s trending in the automotive world. See more articles from The News Wheel.