2019 GMC Terrain Overview
The 2019 GMC Terrain returns with efficient performance, striking good looks, and an interior that’s connected, comfortable, and practical. This popular compact crossover is available at six trim levels: SL, SLE, SLE Diesel, SLT, SLT Diesel, and Denali.
Ready for a New Vehicle? Value your trade-in here
[wptab name=”What’s New”]
What’s New for the 2019 GMC Terrain?
The Terrain just got a major makeover for 2018, so this year’s model only features a few major changes. Adaptive cruise control and front pedestrian braking system are newly available active safety features, and the Surround Vision and Rear Vision Camera are now HD. Three new packages are being offered as well. The Black Edition package features 19-inch gloss black aluminum wheels, black accents and badging, and black grille elements. The Dark Accent package offers a slightly different array of darkened exterior features. The Chrome package offers a chrome grille, chrome mirror caps, and chrome door handle surround.
2019 GMC Terrain Photos:
2019 GMC Terrain Exterior
The 2019 Terrain’s exterior combines good looks and practical features. A bold grille design, along with C-shaped LED signature headlamps and taillamps, give the Terrain a distinctive look. Standard heated mirrors are ideal for cold-weather driving. A power programmable liftgate makes loading and unloading cargo a breeze.
2019 GMC Terrain Exterior Photos:
Exterior features available on the 2019 GMC Terrain SL
- Single-outlet exhaust, Manual liftgate, Deep-tinted rear glass, Body-color door handles, Automatic on/off headlamps, Automatic delay headlamps, High-Intensity Discharge headlamps, C-Shaped LED signature lighting, LED signature taillamps, Heated power outside mirrors, 17-inch all-season blackwall tires, 17-inch silver painted aluminum wheels
Exterior features available on the 2019 GMC Terrain SLE
- Offers the same exterior features as the SL
Exterior features available on the 2019 GMC Terrain SLE Diesel
- Adds to or replaces features on SL: Roof-mounted side rails, Power programmable liftgate
Exterior features available on the 2019 GMC Terrain SLT
- Adds to or replace features on SLE Diesel: Manual liftgate, Heated power auto-dimming outside mirrors with integrated turn signal indicators, 18-inch all-season blackwall tires, 18-inch machined aluminum wheels with Dark Gray painted accents
Exterior features available on the 2019 GMC Terrain SLT Diesel
- Adds to or replaces features on SLT: Hands-free power programmable liftgate
Exterior features available on the 2019 GMC Terrain Denali
- Adds to or replaces features on SLT Diesel: Body-color door handles with chrome surround, LED headlamps, 19-inch all-season blackwall tires, 17-inch compact spare, 17-inch spare wheel, 19-inch bright machined aluminum wheels with premium Dark Gray painted accents
2019 GMC Terrain Performance
The 2019 Terrain offers three engine options. The standard engine is a 1.5-liter turbo four-cylinder that puts out 170 horsepower and 203 lb-ft of torque. The available 2.0-liter turbo four-cylinder engine delivers 252 horsepower and 260 lb-ft of torque, and can tow up to 3,500 pounds. These two engines come paired with a nine-speed automatic transmission. The Terrain also offers a 1.6-liter turbo-diesel four-cylinder engine that can achieve 137 horsepower and 240 lb-ft of torque. This engine is coupled with a six-speed automatic transmission. All trims are available with front-wheel drive or all-wheel drive, except the SL trim, which is only available with FWD.
2019 GMC Terrain Efficiency
No matter which engine you choose, you’ll enjoy solid fuel economy behind the wheel of the 2019 Terrain. Here’s a look at the EPA-estimated fuel efficiency of each engine option:
- 1.5-liter Turbo: 26 mpg city/30 mpg highway (FWD), 24 mpg city/28 mpg highway (AWD).
- 2.0-liter Turbo: 22 mpg city/28 mpg highway (FWD), 21 mpg city/26 mpg highway (AWD).
- 1.6-liter Turbo-Diesel: 28 mpg city/39 mpg highway (FWD), 28 mpg city/38 mpg highway (AWD).
2019 GMC Terrain Interior
Even the base SL trim of the 2019 Terrain features upscale amenities like a leather-wrapped steering wheel, premium cloth seat trim, and keyless open/keyless start. Higher trims offer heated seats with power lumbar control, leather-appointed seat trim, and ambient interior lighting. All trims come equipped with a cargo area power outlet, a 4G LTE Wi-Fi hotspot, and a GMC Infotainment System that includes Bluetooth, Apple CarPlay and Android Auto smartphone compatibility, and a 7-inch (or more) color touch screen. The standard 60/40 split-folding rear seats offer plenty of flexibility for carrying cargo, and the front passenger seat also folds down to accommodate items up to 8 feet long.
2019 GMC Terrain Interior Photos:
Interior features available on the 2019 GMC Terrain SL
- Single-zone climate control, Driver seatback map pocket, Front passenger seatback map pocket, Interior humidity sensor, Driver assist handle, Front passenger assist handle, Rear outboard assist handles, Power windows with driver express-up/down, Power windows with front passenger express-down, Power windows with rear express-down, Inside rearview manual day/night mirror, Front carpeted floor mats, Premium cloth seat trim, Four-way manual driver seat, Four-way manual front passenger seat, Front bucket seats, Five-passenger seating, Fold-flat rear seat with 60/40 split, Two-way adjustable front head restraints, Power door locks, Leather-wrapped steering wheel, Keyless Open, 7-inch diagonal GMC Infotainment System, Automatic Stop/Start, 12-volt auxiliary front power outlet, 12-volt auxiliary cargo area power outlet, Cruise control, Keyless Open, Keyless Start, 3.5-inch diagonal monochromatic Driver Information Screen, Driver Information Center, Six-speaker audio system, USB data ports with auxiliary input jack, Charging-only USB ports, Bluetooth, Built-in 4G LTE Wi-Fi hotspot, Steering-wheel mounted controls, Rear Vision Camera
Interior features available on the 2019 GMC Terrain SLE
- Adds to or replaces features on SL: Mechanical jack with tools, Inside rearview auto-dimming mirror, Rear carpeted floor mats, 4.2-inch diagonal multi-color driver information screen, Compass display
Interior features available on the 2019 GMC Terrain SLE Diesel
- Adds to or replaces features on SLE: Heated driver and front passenger seats, Dual-zone automatic climate control, Auxiliary cabin heater (SLE Diesel and SLT Diesel only), Heated driver and front passenger seats, Eight-way power driver seat, Power driver lumbar control, Remote Start
Interior features available on the 2019 GMC Terrain SLT
- Adds to or replaces features on SLE Diesel: Ambient interior lighting, Perforated leather-appointed seat trim, 8-inch GMC Infotainment System, 110-volt power outlet, SiriusXM Radio, USB data ports, USB data ports and auxiliary input jack with SD Card Reader
Interior features available on the 2019 GMC Terrain SLT Diesel
- Adds to or replaces features on SLT: Heated steering wheel, Six-way power front passenger seat, Power front passenger lumbar control, Universal Home Remote
Interior features available on the 2019 GMC Terrain Denali
- Adds to or replaces features on SLT Diesel: 8-inch diagonal GMC Infotainment System with Navigation, Rear Park Assist, Wireless charging, HD Radio, Bose premium seven-speaker audio system, Rear Cross Traffic Alert
2019 GMC Terrain Safety
The 2019 Terrain offers several standard safety features, including hill descent control, StabiliTrak electronic stability control, a rear vision camera, and an airbag system. Higher trim levels include available active safety features like Forward Collision Alert, Lane Keep Assist with Lane Departure Warning, and Rear Cross Traffic Alert.
Standard Safety Features on the 2019 GMC Terrain
- Hill Descent Control
- StabiliTrak, electronic stability control system with traction control
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System
- Teen Driver
- OnStar® and GMC Connected Services capable
- Remote panic alarm
- Theft-deterrent unauthorized entry system
- Passenger Sensing System
- Airbag system
- Rear Vision Camera