2019 Honda Odyssey Overview
The 2019 Honda Odyssey is a minivan with room for the whole family and then some. It has all of the space you need to accommodate up to eight people and the convenience and amenities to make the trip comfortable regardless of duration. It has some clever and exclusive tech as well, like CabinWatch and CabinTalk, which make the Odyssey a worthwhile inclusion on the shopping list of any parent with a large or growing family.
The 2019 Honda Odyssey is available at five trim levels: LX, EX, EX-L, Touring, and Elite.
[wptab name=”What’s New”]
What’s New for the 2019 Honda Odyssey?
The Honda Odyssey already received a makeover last year and has thus carries over unchanged for 2019.
2019 Honda Odyssey Exterior
The 2019 Honda Odyssey looks exactly the same as it did in 2018, and that’s no criticism. It shares styling cues with the stylish Honda Pilot and Ridgeline as a result of also sharing a platform, such as the cluster containing grille, headline, and LED daytime lights. The minivan has a sharp look overall, and its profile lines are beautifully clean thanks to Honda’s clever hiding of the sliding door track within the black trim area under the rear windows. There’s also plenty of chrome trim to go around, if you’re into that kind of thing.
The 2019 Honda Odyssey is available in the following exterior colors: White Diamond Pearl, Lunar Silver Metallic, Modern Steel Metallic, Obsidian Blue Pearl, Pacific Pewter Metallic, Forest Mist Metallic, Deep Scarlet Pearl, and Crystal Black Pearl.
2019 Honda Odyssey Exterior Photos:
Exterior available on LX:
- Multi-reflector halogen headlights with auto-off, Active shutter grille, Rear privacy glass, Intermittent rear window wiper/washer, Security system, Taillights with integrated LED light bars, Black door handles, Roofline spoiler with integrated brake light, Variable intermittent windshield wipers, Remote entry system, Black power side mirrors, Black side sills, Daytime running lights
Exterior available on EX:
- Programmable remote entry system; LED daytime running lights; Heated, body-colored power side mirrors with integrated turn indicators; Chrome door handles; Multi-reflector halogen headlights with auto-on/off and WiperLink; Power sliding doors; Smart entry with Walk Away Auto Lock®; Fog lights; Black fin-type roof-mounted antenna; Programmable power tailgate locks
Exterior available on EX-L:
- One-touch power moonroof with tilt feature, Memory-linked side mirrors with reverse gear tilt-down, Power tailgate with programmable height, Acoustic windshield
Exterior available on Touring:
- LED fog lights, Body-colored fin-type roof-mounted antenna, Hands-free power tailgate access, Body-colored parking sensors (front/rear), LED headlights with auto-on/off and WiperLink, Body-colored side sills
Exterior available on Elite:
- Body-colored roofline spoiler with integrated brake light, Rain-sensing variable intermittent windshield wipers, Acoustic front/rear door windows, Power folding and heated body-colored power side mirrors with integrated turn indicators
2019 Honda Odyssey Performance
The 2019 Honda Odyssey is powered by the same trusty 3.5-liter V6 you may find in various other Honda vehicles. It produces 280 horsepower and 262 lb-ft of torque, plenty enough to get the whole family up the highway speeds along with some cargo. Power is driven to the rear wheels via a nine-speed automatic transmission, though a new 10-speed automatic is now offered on the Touring and Elite trims. On the surface, you might not except 10 gears to be a major improvement over nine, but this particular transmission is so smooth and well tuned that it’s well worth upgrading.
2019 Honda Odyssey Efficiency
The 2019 Honda Odyssey earns good efficiency for a minivan, earning 19 mpg in the city, 28 mpg on the highway, and 22 mpg combined. Surprisingly, that applies to both the nine-speed and the 10-speed automatic. That’s somewhat unusual, as we’d normally expect the 10-speed to be more efficient, but maybe that’s the cost of it being so darned good.
2019 Honda Odyssey Interior
The interior of the 2019 Honda Odyssey is both cavernous and versatile. A big part of that can be attributed to the Magic Slide middle-row seats, which can be moved closer or farther apart to improve rear-seat comfort or to separate rowdy children. And without any of the seats to get in the way, the Odyssey boasts the most cargo room of any vehicle in its segment: a whopping 144.9 cubic feet. With only the third row removed you get 86.6 cubic feet, and with all seats up you are still left with a generous 32.8 cubic feet. The Odyssey is very well equipped at all trim levels — just have a look at the features listed below.
2019 Honda Odyssey Interior Photos:
Interior available on LX:
- Features: Automatic climate control system, Programmable power door locks, Push button start, Cruise control, One-touch turn indicators, Tilt and telescopic steering column, Driver’s and front passenger’s illuminated vanity mirrors, Map lights, Front bag hook, Lockable glove compartment, Ambient console lighting, Beverage holders, Capless fuel filler, Passenger-assist grips, Garment hooks, Front door courtesy lights, Rear window defroster, Rear-seat heater ducts, Cargo area light, Rear storage well, Illuminated steering wheel-mounted controls, Conversation mirror with sunglasses holder, Passenger-side lower seatback pockets, Front auto-up down power windows , Front and second row floor mats, Driver’s seat with eight-way power adjustment, Front passenger’s seat with four-way power adjustment, Adjustable seat-belt anchors, Head restraints at all seating positions, One-motion 60/40 split 3rd-row Magic Seat®
- Radio and Technology: 5-inch color LCD screen, Center console 1.0-amp USB audio interface, 160-watt audio system with seven speakers and subwoofer, Bluetooth® HandsFreeLink®, Bluetooth® Streaming Audio, MP3/auxiliary input jack, Radio data system (RDS), SMS text message function, Speed-sensitive volume compensation, Center console 2.5-amp USB charging port, 12V power outlets
Interior available on EX:
- Features: Lower seatback pockets, Front and second auto-up down power windows, Floor mats (all rows), Tri-zone automatic climate control system with humidity control and air filtration, Second row integrated sunshades, Magic Slide 2nd-Row Seats™ with armrests and walk-in feature, Multi-function second row center seat, Driver’s seat with 12-way power adjustment and four-way power lumbar support, Heated front
- Radio and Technology: Remote engine start, Multi-Angle Rearview Camera with Dynamic Guidelines, Collision Mitigation Braking System, Road Departure Mitigation System, Forward Collision Warning, Lane Departure Warning, Lane Keeping Assist System, Adaptive Cruise Control, Auto high-beam headlights, Blind Spot Information system with Cross Traffic Monitor, CabinControl™ Remote Compatibility, 8-inch display audio with high-resolution electrostatic touchscreen and customizable feature settings, HondaLink®, Apple CarPlay™, Android Auto™, SiriusXM® Radio, HD Radio™, Center console 2.5-amp USB smartphone/audio interface
Interior available on EX-L:
- Features: HomeLink® remote system, Automatic-dimming rearview mirror, Leather-wrapped steering wheel, Driver’s seat with 12-way power adjustment and four-way power lumbar support with two-position memory, Leather trimmed seats (front and outboard second row)
- Radio and Technology: Third-row power outlet
Interior available on Touring:
- Features: Third row integrated sunshades, Upper seatback pockets, HondaVAC®
- Radio and Technology: CabinTalk™ In-Car PA System; Advanced rear entertainment system with 10.2-inch high-resolution WSVGA screen, Blu-Ray™ player, and built-in streaming apps; 115V/150-watt front power outlet; HDMI interface; Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation System® with Voice Recognition and Honda HD Digital Traffic; CabinWatch® rear seat monitor; HondaLink® subscription service; Mobile hotspot capability
Interior available on Elite:
- Features: Heated leather-wrapped steering wheel, Blue ambient LED lighting, Heated and ventilated front seats
- Radio and Technology: 550-watt premium audio system with 11 speakers and subwoofer, Multi-zone audio, Wireless phone charger
2019 Honda Odyssey Safety
The IIHS and NHTSA have yet to crash-test the 2019 Honda Odyssey, but given that it is essentially unchanged from 2018, there’s no reason it should perform any worse — and the 2018 Odyssey was and remains one of the safest vehicles on the road, having earned the IIHS’s prestigious Top Safety Pick+ award even after the criteria was toughened up. In federal tests, it received a five-star overall score. In other words, this is a vehicle that has proven it can be trusted with your family.
Standard Safety Features
- Vehicle Stability Assist™ (VSA®) with Traction Control
- Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS)
- Electronic Brake Distribution (EBD)
- Brake Assist
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) with Tire Fill Assist and Location and Pressure Indicators
- Multi-Angle Rearview Camera with Guidelines
- Advanced Compatibility Engineering™ (ACE™) Body Structure
- Advanced Front Airbags
- SmartVent® Front Side Airbags
- Three-Row Side Curtain Airbags with Rollover Sensor
- Driver’s and Front Passenger’s Knee Airbags6
- 3-Point Seat Belts at all Seating Positions
- Front 3-Point Seat Belts with Automatic Tensioning System
- Lower Anchors and Tethers for CHildren (LATCH)
- Driver’s and Front Passenger’s Seat Belt Reminder
- Child-Proof Rear Door Locks