GMC Acadia Makes Edmunds’ Best Updated Cars for 2020 List
Reese Counts of Edmunds recently shared the publication’s top five refreshed vehicles for the current year. The GMC Acadia scored a deserving place on the Best Updated Cars for 2020 list.
An Attractive Family-Hauler: Meet the winsome 2020 GMC Acadia
Praise from Edmunds
According to Edmunds, the 2020 Acadia is a prime example of a midcycle refresh that’s done right. Updates for this model include new powertrains, a revamped design, and more tech features. There’s also a rugged AT4 trim level to cater to outdoor enthusiasts. These are welcome modifications considering that it’s been a few years since 2017 when GMC last refreshed the Acadia.
For starters, the 2020 Acadia offers a new engine option: a turbocharged four-cylinder. It provides a happy medium between the base engine’s fuel efficiency and V6 engine’s potency, so you can get the best of both worlds.
Subtle style tweaks include a new grille, bumpers, and LED headlights on the outside. Cabin updates include a refreshed center console that has more storage space on the inside.
GMC now offers the Acadia in an AT4 trim. It sports 17-inch Gloss-Black wheels, all-terrain tires, and a black chrome grille for a modern and athletic aesthetic. Heated power-adjustable mirrors pair with a hands-free programmable power liftgate for added convenience.
More reasons to love the 2020 GMC Acadia
In case you’re still on the fence about whether you should bring home a 2020 Acadia of your own, here are some of the model’s other strengths.
- 79 cubic feet of maximum cargo space
- Smart Slide second-row seats for versatile seating layouts
- Maximum trailering capacity of 4,000 pounds
- Advanced Twin-Cluth AWD and Adaptive Ride Control mean a smoother and more stable drive regardless of road conditions
- Available Head-Up Display lets you focus on the road while accessing the information that you need
- Available High Definition Surround Vision increases visibility to help prevent a collision
- Each Acadia model comes with Rear Cross Traffic Alert to boost your confidence when backing up
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatibility
Customize Your Ride: Cool accessories for your 2020 Acadia
Whitney Russell is a current resident of Dayton, though her spirit can be found beach-bumming in Puerto Rico (the land of her half-Puerto Rican heritage). When not adventuring through the exciting world of car news, she can be found hiking with her husband and their two dogs, motorcycling, visiting nephews and nieces, discovering new memes, thrifting, decorating, crafting, woodburning, researching random things, and escaping into a great movie. See more articles by Whitney.