GMC Yukon Denali Refreshed for 2018 Model Year
Today GMC announced upgrades that the brand is making to its 2018 Yukon Denali lineup, which goes on sale this fall, including styling and trim enhancements, as well as a new 10-speed automatic transmission.
New design elements include a sculpted grille on the SUV’s front end and a Mastique Ash real wood trim for the interior. A new Hydra-Matic 10-speed transmission has been paired to the Yukon Denali’s 6.2-liter V8 engine, enhancing the smoothness, responsiveness, and quietness of the vehicle.
“Yukon Denali has always matched style with substance, and the enhancements for 2018 advance that legacy,” said Duncan Aldred, vice president of Global GMC. “The foundational elements of exclusive design, premium touches and uncompromising capability have made Yukon Denali an icon for nearly 20 years.”
In addition to serving the purpose of offering greater airflow to the radiator, the new multidimensional, sculpted Denali grille puts a new face on a flagship model.
GM Vehicles: Redesigned Buick Regal gaining new body styles
“The new grille, which is flanked by HID headlamps and LED Signature Lighting, advances the design legacy established with the very first Yukon Denali in 1999,” said Matt Noone, director of Global GMC Exterior Design. “It’s a more exciting and sophisticated design, while remaining instantly recognizable as part of the GMC Denali family.”
The Yukon Denali’s new 10-speed automatic transmission features a 7.39 overall gear ratio spread that is wider than the Yukon Denali’s previous eight-speed automatic, enabling a lower numerical top gear ratio and contributing to greater efficiency.
Other standard and available features on the 2018 GMC Yukon Denali include:
- 420-hp 6.2-liter V8 engine with direct injection and Active Fuel Management
- StabiliTrak electronic stability control, tow/haul mode, trailer sway control, auto grade braking and hill start assist
- Magnetic Ride Control for improved body motion control
- Standard 20-inch wheels and available 22-inch wheels
- Automatic locking rear differential
- Four-wheel-disc brakes with Duralife brake rotors
- Active Noise Cancellation for a quieter interior
- 8-inch diagonal GMC Infotainment system with Navigation includes Apple CarPlay and Android Auto capability
- Standard 8-inch diagonal customizable driver display with head-up display
- Multiple USB ports and accessory power outlets, including a 110-volt three-prong outlet, to support electronic devices
- OnStar Basic Plan is standard for five years and includes access to an in-vehicle 4G LTE Wi-Fi hotspot and select features via the myGMC mobile app
- Wireless phone charging
- Heated and ventilated driver and passenger seats, heated second-row seats
- Hands-free programmable power liftgate
More than half of all Yukons sold are Denalis. The Denali is offered in Yukon and Yukon XL models, with the XL featuring a 14-inch-longer wheelbase (20 inches longer overall), creating more third-row legroom and more than double the cargo room behind the third-row seat.
The 2018 Yukon Denali will go on sale this fall.
Auto Advice: What different car noises could indicate