New Details Revealed on Upcoming Genesis G70 Luxury Sedan [PHOTOS]
Hyundai’s luxury sub-brand Genesis already made a splash in its first year with the debut of its affordable yet high-quality sedans, the G80 and G90. A balance of luxury and performance, these vehicles are sure to shake up the market. Genesis is almost ready to release its next member of the lineup, the G70. Here’s what we know about the Genesis G70 thus far.
Another Newcomer in Town: Say hello to the brand-new Hyundai Kona
10 Things We Know About the Brand-New Genesis G70
- The Genesis G70 will be a compact sports sedan slotted under the G80 as the badge’s smallest offering.
- The G70 will be powered by a 2.0-liter four-cylinder turbo engine or an optional 3.3-liter turbocharged V6 engine capable of 365 hp and a top speed of 167 mph.
- Genesis aims to compete against the BMW 3 Series, Mercedes-Benz C-Class, Audi A4, and INFINITI Q50. The G70 will set itself apart in this competitive segment by its affordable price.
- The G70 aims to have best-in-class safety thanks to driver assistance features designed to protect passengers and pedestrians.
- The G70 will be available in either rear- or all-wheel drive.
- The G70 is one of six total nameplates that Genesis plans to have in its lineup by 2021; the next entries will be crossovers.
- The G70 carries design features that will be consistent across the lineup, such as the shield-shaped grille and the narrow LED headlights.
- The G70 is built on the same platform as the also much-anticipated Kia Stinger.
- The G70 offers dynamic driving features such as Launch Control, R-MDPS, multi-link rear suspension, dynamic torque vectoring, and mechanical limited slip differential.
- It looks awesome! Need proof? Check out the photo gallery below…
Did You Know? Surprising facts about the Hyundai Sonata
Photos of the Genesis G70
The News Wheel is a digital auto magazine providing readers with a fresh perspective on the latest car news. We’re located in the heart of America (Dayton, Ohio) and our goal is to deliver an entertaining and informative perspective on what’s trending in the automotive world. See more articles from The News Wheel.