Report: Details on Upcoming BMW 7 Series Redesign Emerge
If you’ve kept an eye on the automotive news circuit recently, perhaps you’ve seen the spy shots of BMW’s redesigned 7 Series being tested on the road. This spacious sedan is preparing to go head-to-head with Mercedes’ S-Class and Lexus’ LS. In anticipation of the sixth generation’s release, details have emerged about the new 7 Series–most of them confirmed by BMW.
What do we know about the latest BMW 7 Series? Find out below!
5 Things We Know About the New BMW 7 Series
BMW’s 7 Series is undergoing its first total redesign since the current generation began in 2008. Here’s what we can anticipate with the next-generation models:
- The new 7 Series will drop nearly 300 pounds in total weight. The latest model will significantly rely on Carbon Fiber Reinforced Plastic (CFRP), which BMW has been busily developing, along with lightweight aluminum and steel.
- It will probably feature a smaller turbo engine and possibly a plug-in hybrid version. As proven in its i Series, BMW knows it takes less muscle to achieve the same level of power at reduced weight.
- It will possess a slew of cutting-edge technology features, including the iDrive system’s gesture-based controls, Driving Assistance options, and automated valet parking.
- With self-leveling air suspension, adaptive damper controls, and roll stabilization, it will be much more comfortable to drive.
- It will resemble the BMW Vision Future Luxury Concept from last year.
Mercedes-Benz and Cadillac are making similar updates to their luxury sedan classes, including making them lighter and more tech-savvy. Will BMW remain impressive enough to stand apart from the crowd?
News Source: CheatSheet