10 Nissan Models Will Have Standard Safety Shield 360 in 2021
Nissan is a driving force of safety tech and advancements in the auto industry, and it’s looking like 2021 will feature the automaker’s most comprehensive approach to keeping you and your family protected on the road. In 2021, 10 models will boast Nissan Safety Shield 360, a suite of six advanced driver technologies, as a standard feature. Under proper conditions, the technologies warn you of potential threats, give a broader perspective of your surroundings, and help detect pedestrians in your view.
Available Now: 2021 Nissan TITAN XD
The safety upgrade on four 2021 Nissan models will bring the total of Safety Shield 360-equipped Nissan models to 10. Currently, six models — Sentra, LEAF, Maxima, Kicks, Rogue Sport, and TITAN — have the tech.
“Offering these safety technologies as standard equipment on 10 of our most popular models is an important step forward,” said Andy Christensen, senior manager and lead technology expert of Intelligent Transportation System Research, Nissan Technical Center North America. “This added layer of protection can help keep young drivers safe especially as they are getting used to being on busy roads.”
Here are the six driver assist tech behind the Nissan Safety Shield 360:
- High Beam Assist will adjust the brightness of your headlights automatically — low beams so you won’t blind other drivers and high beams when oncoming traffic is nonexistent.
- Automatic Emergency Braking with Pedestrian Detection warns you of obstacles in your path and engages the brakes if necessary.
- Blind Spot Warning alerts you to hidden dangers, which is especially helpful when you’re trying to change lanes.
- Rear Automatic Braking lets you know if you’re in danger of hitting something behind you and if necessary, engages the brakes.
- Lane Departure Warning will alert you it’s time to correct your steering to maintain a safe position in your lane.
- Rear Cross Traffic Alert helps with reverse maneuvers with alerts of objects behind you.
2021 Nissan Rogue Preview: What changes you can expect
DeAnn Owens is a Dayton transplant by way of the Windy City, yet considers herself to be a California girl at heart even though she’s only visited there once. To get through the dreaded allergy season unique to the Miami Valley, she reads, writes, complains about the weather, and enjoys spending time with her husband, two sons, and their newest addition, a Boston terrier puppy that is now in charge of all their lives. In the future, she hopes to write a novel and travel through time. See more articles by DeAnn.