2016 Buick LaCrosse Overview
The 2016 Buick LaCrosse full-size sedan is not much different from last year’s model. A 3.6-liter V6 engine now comes standard on every trim and an updated infotainment system has been installed in the sedan’s interior. With the new third-generation LaCrosse expected to be released in 2017, Buick seemingly did not spend a lot of time tinkering with the 2016 model.
The 2016 Buick LaCrosse is available in five trims: 1SV Group, LaCrosse Group, Leather Group, Premium I Group, and Premium II Group. All models come with standard FWD; the Leather and Premium I Group models are also available with AWD.
Safe Driving: Check out these tips on how to stay awake while driving
What’s New for the 2016 Buick LaCrosse?
The 2016 Buick LaCrosse comes with available 20-inch wheels for the premium AWD models and also includes an updated IntelliLink system that now features two USB ports, as well as a new display screen. The 2016 Buick LaCrosse also features three new exterior color options: Ebony Twilight Metallic, Dark Sapphire Blue Metallic, and Graphite Gray Metallic.
2016 Buick LaCrosse Photos:
2016 Buick LaCrosse Exterior
The exterior of the 2016 Buick LaCrosse offers a sleek and crisp look that makes it a vehicle you are sure to recognize as soon as you see its silhouette. This LaCrosse also features a full-width chrome accent and Bi-Xenon high-intensity discharge (HID) headlamps.
2016 Buick LaCrosse Exterior Photos:
Exterior available on 2016 Buick LaCrosse 1SV Group:
- 17-inch machine-faced Silver painted wheels, Active front lower grille shutters, Daytime running lamps, Body-color door handles with chrome strips, Acoustic front-side and windshield glass, Chrome waterfall grille, Composite halogen headlights, Bright bodyside moldings, Heated power side mirrors, Side-mounted turn-signal indicator lamps, Front intermittent structureless wiper blades
Exterior available on the 2016 Buick LaCrosse Group:
- Adds to or replaces features on 1SV Group: 18-inch Sterling Silver painted wheels
Exterior available on the 2016 Buick LaCrosse Leather Group:
- Adds to or replaces features on LaCrosse Group: Heated, power-adjustable, auto-dimming, manual-folding side mirrors with integrated turn signal indicators, ground illumination, and driver-side memory
Exterior available on the 2016 Buick LaCrosse Premium I Group:
- Same exterior features as the Leather Group.
Exterior available on the 2016 Buick LaCrosse Premium II Group:
- Adds to or replaces features on Premium I Group: 20-inch machine-faced Silver painted alloy wheels
2016 Buick LaCrosse Performance
The 2016 Buick LaCrosse comes standard with a 3.6-liter V6 engine and six-speed automatic transmission, which work together to produce 304 horsepower and 264 lb-ft of torque. A 2.4-liter Ecotec four-cylinder engine with eAssist is also available for the 1SV Group and Leather Group trims, which boosts fuel efficiency by approximately 25%.
2016 Buick LaCrosse Efficiency
When equipped with the standard 3.6-liter V6 engine and six-speed automatic transmission, the 2016 Buick LaCrosse features fuel economy of 18 mpg in the city and 28 mpg on the highway.
2016 Buick LaCrosse Interior
The interior of the 2016 Buick LaCrosse is luxurious and technological advanced, as it features an eight-inch diagonal touchscreen IntelliLink® display screen and a rearview camera. The 2016 LaCrosse also offers an available Ultra Luxury interior package that includes authentic Tamo Ash wood trim, semi-aniline leather seats, and synthetic suede headliner and pillar coverings.
Each trim level of the 2016 Buick LaCrosse comes with unique features that are listed below.
2016 Buick LaCrosse Interior Photos:
Interior available on 2016 Buick LaCrosse 1SV Group:
- 4-way adjustable head restraints, 4-way power lumbar seat adjuster for driver, 8-way power-adjustable driver seat, Dual-zone automatic climate control, Rear air vents, Cruise control, Custom lighting, Rear-window electric defogger, Power programmable door locks with lockout protection, Carpeted floor mats, Auto-dimming rearview mirror, Leather-wrapped steering wheel and shift knob, Cloth seats
Interior available on the 2016 Buick LaCrosse Group:
- Adds to or replaces features on 1SV Group: Cargo net
Interior available on the 2016 Buick LaCrosse Leather Group:
- Adds to or replaces features on LaCrosse Group: 8-way adjustable front passenger seat, Memory settings for driver’s seat, Keyless start, Heated leather-appointed driver and front passenger seats
Interior available on the 2016 Buick LaCrosse Premium I Group:
- Adds to or replaces features on Leather Group: Heated steering wheel, Ventilated driver and front passenger seats, Perforated leather-appointed seating, Power rear sunshade
Interior available on the 2016 Buick LaCrosse Premium II Group:
- Includes the same interior features as the Premium I Group:
2016 Buick LaCrosse Safety
The 2016 Buick LaCrosse received a five-star safety rating from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. The LaCrosse received the highest rating possible of five stars in both the side and front crash tests, as well as earning a four star rating in the rollover portion of the tests.
Standard Safety Features
- Airbag system with dual-stage frontal airbags, head curtain side airbags, and rear-seat mounted thorax airbags
- Four-wheel antilock disc brakes
- Daytime running lights
- LATCH child seat restraint system
- Rear park assist
- StabiliTrak® stability control system with traction control
- Tire pressure monitor system
After four years in The Marine Corp, Rod formed a career at Hatfield Buick GMC that has spanned more than 25 years. He is married to Lori, has one daughter, Staci, and two grandkids, Kimberlyn and Kaden. He’s an avid golfer and past president and active member of the Redlands Optimist Club.