2016 Mercedes-Benz B-Class Electric Drive Overview
The 2016 Mercedes-Benz B-Class Electric Drive is a stylish five-door hatchback, which is powered by a 177 horsepower electric motor and it features a starting MSRP of $41,450. Besides being efficient and eco-friendly, the Mercedes Benz B-Class Electric Drive also boasts a luxurious and comfortable interior, as well coming standard with many advanced safety features.
The 2016 Mercedes-Benz B-Class is available as one model: B250e.
[wptab name=”What’s New”]
What’s new for the 2016 Mercedes-Benz B-Class Electric Drive?
The 2016 Mercdes-Benz B-Class Electric Drive is mostly unchanged from the 2015 model.
2016 Mercedes-Benz B-Class Electric Drive Photos:
2016 Mercedes-Benz B-Class Electric Drive Exterior
This five-door hatchback from Mercedes-Benz comes with flowing lines that accentuate the electric vehicle’s aerodynamic body. LED tailamps, side sills, sporty wheel arches, and the iconic Mercedes grille add to the vehicle’s sophistication and style, which is sure to turn heads on the highway. The Exterior color options for the B-Class Electric Drive include Kryptonite Green Metallic, Polar Silver Metallic, Jupiter Red, Cosmos Black Metallic, South Seas Blue Metallic, Cirrus White, Mountain Grey Metallic, and Cocoa Brown Metallic.
2016 Mercedes-Benz B-Class Electric Drive Exterior Photos:
Exterior features available on the 2016 Mercedes-Benz B-Class Electric Drive
- 17-inch 10-spoke wheels, Body-color front bumper with chrome bumper insert, Body-color rear step bumper with chrome bumper insert, Chrome side window trim, Black front windshield trim, Body-color door handles, Body-color power heated side mirrors with turn signal indicator, Light tinted glass, Lip spoiler, Chrome grille, Rear fog lamps, LED brake lights
2016 Mercedes-Benz B-Class Electric Drive Performance
The 2016 Mercedes-Benz B-Class Electric Drive features a 132kW electric motor with lithium-ion battery and single-speed reducer automatic transmission, which all work together to produce 177 horsepower and 250 lb-ft of torque. The B-Class Electric drive can accelerate from 0 to 60 mph in 7.9 seconds, according to estimates from Mercedes-Benz.
2016 Mercedes-Benz B-Class Electric Drive Efficiency
The 2016 Mercedes-Benz B-Class Electric Drive provides an impressive range of up to 87 miles per charge. Mercedes-Benz claims the B250e takes just two hours at a common public charging station to provide its lithium-ion battery with enough power to travel up to 60 miles. The B250e also utilizes an available radar-based regenerative braking system, which uses a radar sensor to determine when its brakes need to be applied while in traffic, that energy from applying the brakes is then recaptured and stored for further use. In addition, the B250e can be charged at your home with an ordinary 120-volt charger or you can opt for the advanced 240-volt charger that Mercedes says is capable of charging the EV in just a few hours.
2016 Mercedes-Benz B-Class Electric Drive Interior
Besides being eco-friendly and able to save its owner plenty of money at the pump, the B250e also comes with an elegantly designed and tech-savvy interior, which one would expect from Mercedes-Benz. The 2016 B250e comes standard with dual-zone climate control, cooled glovebox, dual USB audio ports, Bluetooth interface, and power front seats with memory. Optional interior features include a rearview camera, leather upholstery, and heated front seats. In addition, the 2016 Mercedes-Benz B-Class Electric Drive features 51.4 cubic feet of maximum cargo capacity.
2016 Mercedes-Benz B-Class Electric Drive Interior Photos:
Interior available on the 2016 Mercedes-Benz B-Class Electric Drive
- 3-spoke multifunction steering wheel, Sail pattern trim, Dual-zone automatic climate control, Power front seats with memory, Split-folding rear seats, 4-way power lumbar support for driver, 21.6 – 51.4 cubic feet of cargo space, 4.5-inch color instrument cluster display, Leather/metal-look steering wheel, Leather shift knob, Leatherette door trim insert, Cooled glovebox, Central controller and 7-inch display, Garmin MAP PILOT, Hands-free Bluetooth interface, Dual USB audio ports, HD Radio™ receiver, Bluetooth audio streaming, CD player with MP3 capability
2016 Mercedes-Benz B-Class Electric Drive Safety
The Mercedes-Benz B250e features Collision Prevention Assist Plus, which provides radar based technology alerts, if it detects a frontal collision is possible. So, when the driver begins to apply the brakes, the Adaptive Brake Assist technology will decide what amount of braking is needed to prevent an accident, based on speed and distance between itself and that of the object ahead. In addition, this safety technology offers autonomous braking at speeds of 65mph or less.
Standard Safety Features
- 9-way air bag protection
- COLLISION PREVENTION ASSIST PLUS
- ATTENTION ASSIST
- LED Daytime Running Lamps and taillamps
- Seat belt technology
- Advanced body structure
- Advanced tire pressure monitoring system
- Adaptive braking technology
- Brake Assist (BAS)
- Antilock Braking System (ABS)
- Electronic Stability Program (ESP)
- Electronic Traction System
- Electronic parking brake
- SmartKey with KEYLESS-GO
- Antitheft alarm system with remote panic feature
- Illuminated front door sills
- Illuminated entry system
- Rain-sensing windshield wipers
- Auto-on rear-window wiper
The News Wheel is a digital auto magazine providing readers with a fresh perspective on the latest car news. We’re located in the heart of America (Dayton, Ohio) and our goal is to deliver an entertaining and informative perspective on what’s trending in the automotive world. See more articles from The News Wheel.