2016 Mercedes-Benz GLA Overview
The 2016 Mercedes-Benz GLA is a luxury crossover with a starting MSRP of $32,500. Featuring an estimated 0-to-60 time of 4.3 seconds, the top-level AMG GLA45 is one of the fastest and most luxurious crossovers found on the automotive marketplace. The Mercedes-Benz GLA competes in the same segment as the BMW X1, Lexus NX200t, and Audi Q3.
The 2016 Mercedes-Benz GLA is available in three trim levels: GLA250, GLA250 4MATIC, and AMG GLA45.
What’s new for the 2016 Mercedes-Benz GLA?
For the 2016 model year, the Mercedes’ mbrace2 Connect package comes standard for every trim. This package includes both emergency and online services. Additionally, the Mercedes-Benz GLA now comes standard with dual-zone climate control, keyless ignition, and an updated infotainment system with a 7-inch touch screen.
2016 Mercedes-Benz GLA Photos:
2016 Mercedes-Benz GLA Exterior
The exterior design of the 2016 Mercedes-Benz GLA could be best described as a combination of half crossover and half hatchback. Standard features on the Mercedes-Benz GLA include 18-inch alloy wheels, foglamps, a roof rack, and privacy glass. Other available features include an optional panoramic sunroof and LED taillights. Exterior color options for the Mercedes-Benz GLA include Northern Lights Violet Metallic, Kryptonite Green Metallic, Night Black, South Seas Blue Metallic, Polar Silver Metallic, Jupiter Red, Cirrus White, Cocoa Brown Metallic, and Mountain Grey Metallic.
2016 Mercedes-Benz GLA Exterior Photos:
Exterior available on the 2016 Mercedes-Benz GLA250
- Wide grille with central Star, Twin chrome crosswings, 18-inch twin 5-spoke wheels, Power liftgate, Front foglamps, Privacy glass
Exterior available on the 2016 Mercedes-Benz GLA250 4MATIC
- Adds to or replaces features on GLA250: 4MATIC all-wheel drive, Off-road package
Exterior available on the 2016 Mercedes-Benz AMG GLA45
- Adds to or replaces features on GLA250 4MATIC: AMG sport exhaust, AMG Performance 4MATIC all-wheel drive, AMG double-crosswing grille, Bi-Xenon headlights, LED taillamps, LED daytime running lamps
2016 Mercedes-Benz GLA Performance
The 2016 Mercedes-Benz GLA is available with two engine options:
- The GLA250 and GLA4MATIC are both equipped with a 2.0-liter turbo inline four-cylinder engine and seven-speed dual-clutch automatic transmission with shift paddles, which work together to provide 208 horsepower and 258 lb-ft of torque.
- The AMG GLA45 packs an AMG 2.0-liter turbo inline four-cylinder engine and seven-speed AMG Speedshift dual-clutch transmission, which combine for 375 horsepower and 258 lb-ft of torque.
Mercedes has estimated the base model GLA250 is capable of accelerating from 0 to 60 mph in 7.2 seconds.
2016 Mercedes-Benz GLA Efficiency
Fuel efficiency for the 2016 Mercedes-Benz GLA varies among its three distinct trim levels:
- The GLA250 yields an EPA-estimated 25 mpg in the city and 25 mpg on the highway.
- The GLA250 4MATIC yields an EPA-estimated 24 mpg in the city and 32 mpg on the highway.
- The AMG GLA45 yields an EPA-estimated 22 mpg in the city and 29 mpg on the highway.
The 2016 Mercedes-Benz GLA comes standard with a 13.2 gallon fuel tank.
2016 Mercedes-Benz GLA Interior
The interior of the 2016 Mercedes-Benz was designed with comfort in mind and it’s full of premium amenities. Standard features include a Harman Kardon audio system, an updated infotainment system with a 7-inch touch screen, heated front seats, driver memory settings, and MB-Tex vinyl upholstery. In addition, the Mercedes-Benz CLA includes 14.9 cubic feet of storage space behind rear seats and the number grows to 43.6 cubic feet with the rear seats folded down.
2016 Mercedes-Benz GLA Interior Photos:
Interior available on the 2016 Mercedes-Benz GLA250
- Rain-sensing windshield wipers, Dual-zone automatic climate control, 14-way power driver’s seat with memory, Ambient interior lighting, 4-way power lumbar support for driver, Versatile cargo space, Fold-flat front passenger seat, Split-folding rear seats, Anthracite trim, 3-spoke multifunction steering wheel
Interior available on the 2016 Mercedes-Benz GLA250 4MATIC
- Contains the same interior features as the GLA250.
Interior available on the 2016 Mercedes-Benz AMG GLA45
- FeaturesECO Start/Stop system, Aluminum trim, Auto-on rear-window wiper, MB-Tex/DINAMICA upholstery, 12-way power front seats with memory
2016 Mercedes-Benz GLA Safety
The 2016 Mercedes-Benz GLA comes standard with the Mercedes’ mbrace2 telematics system, which comes with an emergency response button, remote door lock/unlock, stolen vehicle locator, and automatic collision notification. A Driver Assistance package is also available, which includes a blind-spot monitor, adaptive cruise control, and lane-departure warning.
Standard Safety Features
- 10-way airbag protection
- COLLISION PREVENTION ASSIST PLUS
- ATTENTION ASSIST
- Advanced tire pressure monitoring system
- Adaptivr braking technology
- Brake Assist (BAS)
- Antilock Braking System (ABS)
- Electronic Stability Program (ESP)
- Electronic traction control
- Electronic parking brake
- SmartKey with KEYLESS-START