2016 Mercedes-Benz GLC Overview
If you’re after luxury, you can’t go wrong with Mercedes-Benz. And if you want that luxury in SUV form, there just might not be a better option than the 2016 Mercedes-Benz GLC SUV.
[wptab name=”What’s New”]
What’s New for the 2016 Mercedes-Benz GLC?
The 2016 Mercedes-Benz GLC is all-new for 2016. It is offered in one single trim—GLC300—with either a rear-wheel platform or 4MATIC all-wheel drive.
2016 Mercedes-Benz GLC Exterior
If there is one word that describes the new GLC SUV, it’s “muscular.” This athletic sports utility vehicle boasts large, powerful wheels, has a long wheelbase, and wears sleek, sporty lines. The GLC towers over the competition at 64.5 inches, and chrome details set the stage for a luxurious experience inside and outside the SUV.
Exterior Available on the GLC300 and GLC300 4MATIC:
- 18-inch 5-spoke wheels, All-season Extended Mobility tires, Anodized roof rails, Front and rear bumper skid plate inserts, Power folding side mirrors
2016 Mercedes-Benz GLC Performance
The new 2016 GLC is motivated by a 2.0-liter turbo inline four-cylinder engine, good for 241 horsepower and 273 lb-ft of torque. That engine is mated to a nine-speed automatic transmission that allows for quicker and smoother shifting. Enhancing performance are shift paddles and DYNAMIC SELECT, which includes ECO, Comfort, Sport, Sport+, and Individual modes. Rear-wheel drive is standard, but drivers can opt for the available 4MATIC all-wheel drive for ultimate control and handling. Other notable features include the four-wheel multilink suspension with AGILITY CONTROL, for selective damping, and optional AIR BODY CONTROL.
2016 Mercedes-Benz GLC Efficiency
Fuel economy numbers have not been released at the time of writing. However, the ECO Start/Stop system makes the GLC’s four-cylinder engine incredibly fuel-efficient.
2016 Mercedes-Benz GLC Interior
Inside, the 2016 Mercedes-Benz GLC is all about luxury with comfort. The inviting interior features beautifully stitched seating, purposeful controls, and plenty of room for passengers and cargo. Options like handcrafted designo Nappa leather and heated and rear seats truly set the GLC apart from competing models. Technology includes a power liftgate, mbrace, an intuitive console-mounted touchpad, and FrontBass, paired with an optional Burmester surround sound system.
Interior Available on the GLC300 and GLC300 4MATIC:
- Driver-focused controls, Linden wood interior trim, Three-spoke multifunction steering wheel, 14-way power driver seat with memory, Dual-zone automatic climate control, 40/20/40-split power-folding rear seats, Power liftgate, Retractable luggage cover, Illuminated entry system
- Dual high-resolution screens, Touchpad controller, FrontBass® system, Bluetooth audio streaming, Dual USB audio ports, HD Radio™ receiver, Media interface, In-dash SD card reader
2016 Mercedes-Benz GLC Safety
The GLC leads the pack in terms of safety, with a 360-degree view to identify any potential hazards. Standard and optional systems alert the driver of impending issues, assist in braking, and use autonomous driving features to prevent accidents altogether. A complete list of standard safety features can be found below.
Standard Safety Features
- COLLISION PREVENTION ASSIST PLUS
- ATTENTION ASSIST
- Crosswind Assist
- LED Daytime Running Lamps and taillamps
- Rearview camera
- Seat belt technology
- Nine-way airbag protection
- Adaptive braking technology
- Antilock Braking System (ABS)
- Brake Assist (BAS®)
- Electronic Stability Program (ESP)
- Trailer Stability Assist
- Aluminum and high-strength steel body structure
- Advanced Tire Pressure Monitoring System
- SmartKey with KEYLESS-START
- Antitheft alarm system with remote panic feature
- Rain-sensing windshield wipers