2016 Nissan Titan XD Overview
The 2016 Nissan Titan XD is a heavy-duty pickup truck that carries a starting MSRP of $40,290. The Titan XD is available in either rear-wheel drive or four-wheel drive. Every model comes with a turbo V8 engine and keyless remote entry. The 2016 Nissan Titan XD competes in the same segment as the Ford F-Series Super Duty, Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD, and RAM 2500.
Self-Driving Nissan Cars? Find out what Nissan’s CEO said about potential autonomous vehicles
[wptab name=”What’s New”]
What’s new for the 2016 Nissan Titan XD?
The 2016 Nissan Titan XD is an all-new model and it comes in five trim levels: S, SV, Pro-4X, SL, and Platinum Reserve.
2016 Nissan Titan XD Photos:
2016 Nissan Titan XD Exterior
The 2016 Nissan Titan XD features a bold and rugged design that comes standard with 17-inch steel wheels, a black grille, black bumper, a full-size spare tire, and a lockable damped tailgate. If you opt for the available S Convenience and Utility package, then your Titan XD will be equipped with a receiver hitch, spray-in bedliner, and a 7-pin wiring harness connector at the back of the vehicle. Color options for the new Titan XD include Cayenne Red, Brilliant Silver, Magnetic Black, Gun Metallic, and Glacier White.
2016 Nissan Titan Photos:
Exterior available on the 2016 Nissan Titan XD S
- Black bumpers, Black front grille, Black door handles, Dual manual black outside mirrors, Manual sliding back window, Overhead LED cargo bed lights, Dampened assist locking tailgate, Fixed cargo bed tie-downs
Exterior available on the 2016 Nissan Titan XD SV
- Adds to or replaces features on the S: Oil pan and fuel tank skid plates (4×4 models), Front tow hooks, Chrome bumpers, Chrome-finished front grille, Chrome door handles, Power heated black extendable tow mirrors with turn signal indicators, Outside mirrors with puddle lights, Class IV tow hitch receiver with 4-pin/7-pin wiring harness, Trailer brake controller, Trailer light check, Integrated Gooseneck Hitch
Exterior available on the 2016 Nissan Titan XD PRO-4X
- Adds to or replaces features on the SV: Electronic locking rear differential, Bilstein off-road performance shocks, 18-inch alloy wheels and all-terrain tires, Transfer case and lower radiator skid plates, LED signature headlights with Follow Me Home Function, LED Daytime Running Lights, Automatic on/off headlights, Two-tone exterior paint, Fog lights, Gun Metallic-painted bumpers, Body-color front grille, Black door handles, Factory-applied spray-on bedliner, Bed-mounted 120-volt AC power outlet
Exterior available on the 2016 Nissan Titan XD SL
- Adds to or replaces features on the SV: LED signature headlights with Follow Me Home Function, 20-inch alloy wheels and all-season tires, LED Daytime Running Lights, Automatic on/off headlights, Fog lights, Removable aero spoiler, Power heated chrome extendable tow mirrors with turn signal indicators, Auto-dimming driver’s side outside mirror, Running boards, Utili-track Channel System with four tie-down cleats, Factory-applied spray-on bedliner, Bed-mounted 120-volt AC power outlet, LED under-rail bed lighting, Tailgate area illumination
Exterior available on the 2016 Nissan Titan XD Platinum Reserve
- Adds to or replaces features on the SL: 20-inch dark chrome-clad aluminum-alloy wheels, Two-tone exterior paint, Titanium-painted bumpers, Dark chrome-finished front grille, Dark chrome door handles, Chrome power heated extendible tow mirrors with integrated turn signals, Outside mirrors with reverse tilt-down features, TITAN Boxes, Dark chrome tailgate finisher with Platinum Reserve badging, Chrome-tipped exhaust finisher, Gooseneck ball and anchor kit
2016 Nissan Titan XD Performance
The 2016 Nissan Titan XD is powered by a Cummins® turbocharged 5.0-liter V8 diesel engine rated at 310 horsepower and 555 lb-ft of torque. That engine in matched by a six-speed automatic transmission. Furthermore, the 2016 Titan XD can tow up to 12,000 pounds when properly equipped.
2016 Nissan Titan XD Efficiency
Nissan has not released fuel economy data for the 2016 Titan XD, but Motor Trend determined through its Real MPG test that this Nissan truck yields 17.7 mpg combined. The Titan XD comes standard with a 26 gallon fuel tank.
2016 Nissan Titan XD Interior
The interior of the new Titan XD is spacious and comfortable. The Titan XD comes standard with an AM/FM/CD audio system with 5-inch color display, six speakers, and Bluetooth capability. The cabin also sports cloth-and-vinyl upholstery, front bench seats, and 60/40-split folding rear seats. If you decide to open up your wallet and purchase the top-level Platinum Reserve model, then you’ll receive additional tech features including the NissanConnect system with navigation and mobile app integration.
2016 Nissan Titan XD Interior Photos:
Interior available on the 2016 Nissan Titan XD S
- Air conditioning, Power windows and locks, Remote keyless entry and push button ignition, Manual tilt and telescoping steering column, Variable intermittent wipers, Dash-mounted 12-volt DC power outlets, Front and rear map lights, Six cup holders, Eight bottle holders, Easy Clean vinyl flooring, 40/20/40-split bench front seat with flip down center seat with armrest, 60/40 split fold-up rear bench seat, Cloth seat trim with stain-resistant bolsters, Column shifter with manual shift mode, Black interior door handles, AM/FM/CD audio with 5.0-inch color display, Streaming audio via Bluetooth wireless, MP3/WMA CD playback, Radio Data System, AUX input, USB connections, Steering-wheel mounted audio controls, Six speakers, Driver-Assist Display, NissanConnect with Mobile Apps, Hands-free text messaging assistant, Bluetooth Hands-free Phone system
Interior available on the 2016 Nissan Titan XD SV
- Adds to or replaces features on the S: Fine Vision electroluminescent gauges, Interior mood lighting, Sun visors with illuminated vanity mirrors and extension, Overhead center console, Grocery hooks, Carpeted flooring, Stain-resistant cloth seat trim, Chrome interior door handles, Silver metallic interior trim, SiriusXM with three-month subscription, Trailer Sway Control
Interior available on the 2016 Nissan Titan XD PRO-4X
- Adds to or replaces features on the SV: Dual-zone auto climate control, Rain-sensing wipers, Center console-mounted 12-volt and 120-volt outlets, Four cup holders, Lockable rear seat cargo organizer, Front captain’s chairs with center console, Eight-way power adjustable driver’s seat, Driver-side power lumbar support, Cloth seat trim with stain-resistant bolsters, PRO-4X embroidered front seats with white stitching, Leather-wrapped steering, Chrome interior locks, Chrome interior accents, Contrast stitching, Carpeted PRO-4X floor mats, Hill Descent Control, NissanConnect with Navigation and Mobile Apps, 7.0-inch multi-touch control color monitor, SiriusXM Traffic and Travel Link, Nissan Voice Recognition, Siri Eyes Free, RearView Monitor, Nissan Intelligent Key, Proximity Activation
Interior available on the 2016 Nissan Titan XD SL
- Adds to or replaces features on the SV: Rear air conditioning vents, Dual-zone auto climate control, Rain-sensing wipers, Auto-dimming rearview mirror, Center console-mounted 12-volt and 120-volt outlets, Four cup holders, Lockable rear seat cargo organizer, Front captain’s chairs with center console, Eight-way power adjustable driver’s seat, Driver-side power lumbar support, Heated front seats, Memory system driver’s seat and steering, Leather-appointed seating and steering, Chrome interior door locks, Wood-tone trim, Chrome interior accents, Contrast stitching, Front and rear Sonar System, NissanConnect with Navigation and Mobile Apps, 7.0-inch multi-touch control color monitor, NissanConnect Services, SiriusXM Traffic and Travel Link three-month trial, Nissan Voice Recognition for audio and navigation, Siri Eyes Free, RearView Monitor, Nissan Intelligent Key, Remote Engine Start with Intelligent Climate Control, Proximity Activation, HomeLink, Rockford Fosgate audio with twelve speakers
Interior available on the 2016 Nissan Titan XD Platinum Reserve
- Adds to or replaces features on the SL: Power tilt and telescoping steering, Climate-controlled front seating (heated and cooled), Heated rear seats, Memory system (including steering, seating, and outside mirrors), Premium leather-appointed seats with Platinum Reserve logo, Heated leather-wrapped steering with wood-tone insert, Premium open-pore wood-tone trim, Dark chrome interior accents, Carpeted floor mats with Premium Reserve logo, Metallic kickplate finisher with Platinum Reserve logo, AroundView Monitor, Moving Object Detection (MOD)
2016 Nissan Titan XD Safety
Antilock brakes, stability and traction control, and six airbags all come standard with the 2016 Nissan Titan XD. This Nissan truck is also available with advanced safety features such as NissanConnect Services, blind-spot monitor with rear cross-traffic alert, and an around view monitor with moving object detection.
Standard Safety Features
- Nissan Air Bag System
- Roof-mounted supplemental airbags
- Side impact airbags
- Vehicle Dynamic Control
- Traction Control
- Active Brake Limited Slip
- LATCH child safety seat system
- Zone Body construction
- Hood buckling creases
- Energy-absorbing steering column
- Pipe-style steel side-door guard beams
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System with Easy-Fill Tire Alert
Get The Best Deal Possible: Check out these national incentives for Nissan vehicles
The News Wheel is a digital auto magazine providing readers with a fresh perspective on the latest car news. We’re located in the heart of America (Dayton, Ohio) and our goal is to deliver an entertaining and informative perspective on what’s trending in the automotive world. See more articles from The News Wheel.