2017 Buick Cascada Overview
Before the Buick Cascada made its debut a year ago, it had been approximately 25 years since Buick offered a luxury convertible in the United States. To promote the car, Buick took the usual step of creating web-only videos that starred celebrity trainer Tracy Anderson and actress Ellie Kemper. The reason those videos seemed out of place is because the American automaker is famously low-key when it comes to advertising and had never aired a commercial during the Super Bowl prior to this year, but all of that changed with the new Cascada.
[wptab name=”What’s New”]
What’s New for the 2017 Buick Cascada?
The Buick Cascada convertible comes with a new range-topping Sport Touring trim for the 2017 model year. This new trim comes with a True Blue Metallic paint job, distinctive five-spoke 20-inch wheels, UV-reflective leather-appointed seats, sport pedals, a black cloth top, and flat-bottom steering wheel.
2017 Buick Cascada Photos:
2017 Buick Cascada Exterior
The new Buck Cascada features an elegant exterior design that includes distinctive body lines and muscular curves. A stainless steel exhaust system, chrome accents, and 20-inch alloy wheels all come standard on the new Cascada. In addition, the car’s soft top roof can be lowered in just 17 seconds and that’s even while traveling at speeds up to 30 mph. Exterior color options for the Cascada include Flip Chip Silver Metallic, Summit White, and Toasted Coconut Metallic.
2017 Buick Cascada Photos:
Exterior available on the 2017 Buick Cascada
- 17-inch spare tire and wheel, 20-inch all-season blackwall tires, 20-inch diamond graphic twin-spoke bi-color finish wheels, Automatic headlamp leveling system, Automatic on and off headlamp control, Black convertible top, Convertible soft-top system, Solar-absorbing glass, Premium Silver finish grille with Buick tri-shield, HID articulating headlamps, Heated power-adjustable outside mirrors, Bright beltline moldings, Rear LED taillamps, Front intermittent wipers
Exterior available on the 2017 Buick Cascada Premium
- Adds to or replaces features on Cascada: 20-inch dynamic twin-spoke bi-color finish wheels, Front and rear seat Air Deflector, Automatic on and off headlamp control with tunnel detection, Rainsense™ wipers
Exterior available on the 2017 Buick Cascada Sport Touring
- Adds to or replaces features on Premium: 20-inch aluminum with Sterling Silver finish wheels
2017 Buick Cascada Performance
Every Buick Cascada is powered by a 1.6-liter turbocharged four-cylinder motor that’s good for 200 and 207 lb-ft of torque. That engine is paired with a six-speed automatic transmission which sends power to the car’s front wheels. It takes the Cascada 8.3 seconds to reach 60 mph from a standstill, according to Car and Driver. With that type of acceleration, it’s clear Buick’s new convertible is better suited for conservative top-down driving, which is aided by the Cascada’s unique suspension that features HiPer Strut front struts.
2017 Buick Cascada Efficiency
Due to the Buick Cascada’s curb weight of nearly 4,000 pounds, EPA-estimated fuel efficiency for the convertible comes in at 20 mpg in the city and 27 mpg on the highway. Those fuel economy ratings were helped made possible due to the use of direct injection and variable valve timing in the car’s turbo-four engine. Furthermore, every 2017 Buick Cascada comes standard with a 14.3-gallion fuel tank.
2017 Buick Cascada Interior
The 2017 Buick Cascada has a comfortable and spacious cabin that provides seating for up to four people. Each new Cascada features a Buick IntelliLink infotainment system with a 7-inch touchscreen, as well as dual-zone climate control and a seven-speaker sound system. In addition, drivers of the Cascada will be able to rest on a leather-upholstered front seat that also provides heating capabilities, which becomes a desirable feature during the colder months. Cargo space comes in at 9.8 cubic feet with the top down, but that number grows to 13.4 cubic feet with the top up. Furthermore, thanks to the top’s three layers of fabric, the interior of the Cascada is quiet and comfortable even during highway excursions.
2017 Buick Cascada Interior Photos:
Interior available on the 2017 Buick Cascada
- Heated 10-way power driver and front-passenger seat, Air conditioning with dual-zone automatic climate control, Electric rear-window defogger, Auto-dimming rearview mirror, Leather-appointed Sport bucket front seats, 12-volt covered front and rear auxiliary power outlet, Driver and front passenger easy-entry seat adjuster, Rear split-folding seats, Leather-wrapped shift knob, Tilt and telescopic steering column, Heated steering wheel, Leather-wrapped three-spoke steering wheel, Piano Black interior trim, Covered driver and front passenger visors with illuminated vanity mirrors, Power windows with express-up/down for all windows, OnStar® Guidance Plan for three months, Bluetooth® wireless technology for select phones and music, Buick IntelliLink™ with seven-inch diagonal touchscreen display, Electronic cruise control with set and resume speed, Driver Information Center, OnStar® 4G LTE with built-in Wi-Fi hotspot, QuietTuning™, Remote vehicle starter system, SiriusXM® Satellite Radio with three month trial subscription, Steering-wheel mounted controls
Interior available on the 2017 Buick Cascada Premium
- Adds to or replaces features on Cascada: Buick IntelliLink™ with navigation and seven-inch diagonal touchscreen display, Lane Departure Warning, Forward Collision Alert, Front and rear Park Assist
Interior available on the 2017 Buick Cascada Sport Touring
- Adds to or replaces features on Premium: Sport alloy pedals, Three-spoke leather-wrapped sport steering wheel, Magic Black interior trim
2017 Buick Cascada Safety
The Buick Cascada earned a five star overall safety rating from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), which is the best possible rating given by the group. Every 2017 Buick Cascada comes standard with GM’s StabiliTrak stability control system, automated rollover pop-up bars, multiple airbags, and antilock brakes. For more advanced safety features, consumers should considered the higher-level Premium and Sport Touring trims, both of which offer lane departure earning and forward collision alert safety technologies.
Standard Safety Features
- Six standard airbags with front airbag Passenger Sensing System
- Three-point driver, front passenger, and rear seatbelts
- Automated rollover pop-up bars
- LED Daytime Running Lamps
- OnStar® Basic Plan for five years
- Rear Park Assist
- Rear Vision Camera
- Three-point seatbelts at all seating positions
- StabiliTrak® stability control system
- Tire Pressure Display
- Trunk emergency release handle
Helpful Hints: Get better gas mileage by using these simple tricks
The News Wheel is a digital auto magazine providing readers with a fresh perspective on the latest car news. We’re located in the heart of America (Dayton, Ohio) and our goal is to deliver an entertaining and informative perspective on what’s trending in the automotive world. See more articles from The News Wheel.