2017 Buick Enclave Overview
The 2017 Buick Enclave is a midsize luxury SUV that carries a starting MSRP of $39,065. This SUV contains three rows of seating and can hold up to eight passengers. In addition to its spacious cabin, the new Enclave also provides abundant cargo space behind the rear seats, making it an ideal vehicle for parents transporting children and their sports equipment. The new Enclave doesn’t boast as many advanced safety features as its upscale rivals, but the Enclave still earned the best possible safety rating of five stars from the federal government. The 2017 Enclave competes for sales with the Acura MDX, Infiniti QX60, and Audi Q7.
What’s New for the 2017 Buick Enclave?
A new Sport Touring model is available for the 2017 model year. The Enclave Sport Touring trim comes with unique 20-inch chromed-clad wheels with Satin Black Ice accents, as well as a Satin Black Ice-toned grille. This special version of the Enclave is only available on the two highest trim levels.
2017 Buick Enclave Photos:
2017 Buick Enclave
Photo: © General Motors
2017 Buick Enclave Exterior
The 2017 Buick Enclave has a refined and sophisticated exterior design that makes it stand-out in the midsize SUV segment. The front of the vehicle wears Buick’s famous “waterfall” grille, while rear privacy glass adds to the Enclave’s polished look. Every 2017 Enclave comes standard with 19-inch alloy wheels and automatic xenon headlights, but LED lighting and larger 20-inch rims are available on higher level trims. In addition, each new Buick Enclave also comes standard with roof-mounted luggage racks, which provide even more storage space. Exterior color options for the 2017 Buick Enclave include Dark Sapphire Blue Metallic, Crimson Red Tintcoat, and Summit White.
2017 Buick Enclave Photos:
Exterior available on the 2017 Buick Enclave Convenience Group
- 19-inch 10-spoke aluminum wheels, Automatic on/off headlamps, Daytime running lamps, HID Xenon projector lamps hi/low bi-functional with blue tint lenses and chromed bezels, Roof-mounted chromed luggage rack side rails, Heated power outside mirrors, Power rear liftgate, Rear intermittent wiper with washer, Front intermittent wipers with structureless wiper blades
Exterior available on the 2017 Buick Enclave Leather Group
- Comes with the same exterior features as the Convenience Group.
Exterior available on the 2017 Buick Enclave Premium Group
- Adds to or replaces features on Leather Group: 19-inch Chrome-Clad cast aluminum wheels, Articulating headlamps, Heated power-folding side mirrors
2017 Buick Enclave Performance
There’s only one engine that’s offered with the 2017 Buick Enclave–a 3.6-liter V6 that’s rated at 288 horsepower and 270 lb-ft of torque. That motor works with a six-speed automatic transmission in order to send power to the front wheels. An all-wheel drive system is also available with the new Enclave, but that comes at an added charge. When the ‘17 Enclave is properly equipped, this midsize SUV can tow 4,500 pounds.
2017 Buick Enclave Efficiency
Fuel efficiency for the 2017 Buick Enclave is dependent of the buyer’s choice of either front-wheel or all-wheel drive. The front-wheel drive version of the Enclave yields an EPA-estimated 18 mpg combined, while the Enclave with all-wheel drive yields 17 mpg combined. A 22-gallon fuel tank comes standard on each new Buick Enclave.
2017 Buick Enclave Interior
The 2017 Buick Enclave offers a spacious and comfortable interior that’s definitely one of the vehicle’s strongest selling points. While the new Enclave comes standard with two captain’s chairs in the second row, buyers can instead opt for a bench seat in that area, which increases seating capacity from seven to eight people. In addition, the new Buick Enclave comes standard with a long list of luxury amenities, such as a six-speaker audio system, tri-zone climate control, and the IntelliLink infotainment system. Furthermore, in terms of storage space, the 2017 Buick Enclave provides 23.3 cubic feet of cargo room behind the rear seats.
2017 Buick Enclave Interior Photos:
Interior available on the 2017 Buick Enclave Convenience Group
- Two-way power-adjustable front passenger seating, Seven-passenger seating, Eight-way power-adjustable driver seat, Cruise control, Rear-window electric defogger, Power programmable door locks, Rear child security locks, Carpeted floor mats, Auto-dimming rearview mirror, Locking glovebox, Power windows, Remote vehicle starter system, Steering wheel-mounted audio and cruise controls, Rear underfloor cargo area, Tri-zone automatic climate control, Tilt and telescopic steering column, QuietTuning, Remote Keyless Entry, Buick IntelliLink™, SiriusXM with three-month trial, USB port in center console, Standard speaker system, OnStar® with 4G LTE and built-in Wi-Fi hotspot, Rear vision camera, Rear Parking Assist, Three-month OnStar® Guidance Plan, Universal Home Remote
Interior available on the 2017 Buick Enclave Leather Group
- Adds to or replaces features on Convenience Group: 8-way power-adjustable driver and front passenger seats, Heated front seats, Memory presets for two drivers, Heated steering wheel, Side Blind Zone Alert with Rear Cross Traffic Alert
Interior available on the 2017 Buick Enclave Premium Group
- Adds to or replaces features on Leather Group: Heated and cooled front seats, Power tilt and telescopic steering column, Bose® performance-enhanced premium 10-speaker system with navigation, Buick IntelliLink with Navigation, SiriusXM with NavTraffic for three trial months, Forward Collision Alert and Lane Departure Warning
2017 Buick Enclave Safety
The 2017 Buick Enclave comes standard with traction and stability control, antilock brakes, and a rearview camera. In addition to those safety features, the Enclave also provides a unique front center airbag that was designed to increase overall safety inside the cabin. Moreover, buyers who opt for the two highest trim levels can get additional safety equipment like lane departure and forward collision warning. Also, as previously mentioned, the Buick Enclave earned the best possible safety rating of five stars from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA).
Standard Safety Features
- Airbag system with driver front center seat-mounted side-impact airbag and head curtain side-impact airbags
- Four-wheel antilock disc brakes
- Daytime running lights
- LATCH child seat restraint system
- Rear park assist
- StabiliTrak® stability control system
- Traction control
- Tire pressure monitor system
The News Wheel is a digital auto magazine providing readers with a fresh perspective on the latest car news. We’re located in the heart of America (Dayton, Ohio) and our goal is to deliver an entertaining and informative perspective on what’s trending in the automotive world. See more articles from The News Wheel.