2017 Buick LaCrosse Overview
The 2017 Buick LaCrosse is a full-size luxury sedan that carries a starting MSRP of $32,065. Redesigned for the 2017 model year, the new Buick LaCrosse features a more attractive exterior design and updated cabin that’s packed full of GM’s latest tech features. Key competitors of the ‘17 LaCrosse include the Chrysler 300, Toyota Avalon, and Hyundai Azera.
[wptab name=”What’s New”]
What’s new for the 2017 Buick LaCrosse?
General Motors put the Buick LaCrosse through its new weight loss plan, which resulted in the 2017 model weighing approximately 300 pounds less than last year’s offering. In addition, the wheelbase of the 2017 model has grown by almost three inches and sits 1.6 inches lower to the ground. Those changes, combined with an updated exterior design and interior cabin, result in $1,000 price increase over the 2016 Buick LaCrosse.
2017 Buick LaCrosse Photos:
2017 Buick LaCrosse Exterior
If you take one look at the 2017 Buick LaCrosse, you can tell that its exterior design was heavily influenced by the Avenir Concept that Buick showcased at the 2015 North American Auto Show. Sporting a sleek and elegantly shaped roofline, hood, and body lines, the new LaCrosse sports a subtle appearance, but it’s still eye-catching in its own right. Highlights of the vehicle include its duel-outlet stainless-steel exhaust and unique 18-inch aluminum alloy wheels, while exterior color options include Quicksilver Metallic, Dark Forest Green Metallic, and Pepperdust Metallic.
2017 Buick LaCrosse Photos:
Exterior available on the 2017 Buick LaCrosse 1SV Group
- HID headlights, Active front lower grille shutters, Switchable daytime running lamps, Front halogen fog lamps, 18-inch aluminum alloy wheels, Dual-outlet stainless-steel exhaust
Exterior available on the 2017 Buick LaCrosse Preferred Group
- Adding to or replacing 1SV Group features: 18-inch ultra-bright machine-faced aluminum wheels
Exterior available on the 2017 Buick LaCrosse Essence Group
- Adding to or replacing Preferred Group features: Outside heated power-adjustable mirrors with LED indicators, Optional 20-inch aluminum alloy wheels, Optional Panoramic moonroof
Exterior available on the 2017 Buick LaCrosse Premium Group
- Contains the same exterior features as the Essence Group.
2017 Buick LaCrosse Performance
The 2017 Buick LaCrosse sedan comes standard with a 3.6-liter V6 engine that produces 305 horsepower and 268 lb-ft of torque. This engine features stop-start tech and active fuel management to further improve its efficiency. The only transmission available with the new LaCrosse is an eight-speed automatic, but consumers do get the choice of either standard front-wheel drive or the available all-wheel drive system with active twin clutch. In addition, Buick’s official web site says the ride quality of 2017 LaCrosse has been upgraded thanks to a revised suspension design and optional adaptive dampers.
2017 Buick LaCrosse Efficiency
There’s not much to say about the efficiency of the 2017 Buick LaCrosse. It’s not as fuel friendly as the new Toyota Prius, but it’s certainly better on gas than the Mercedes G-Wagen. The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has officially rated the ‘17 LaCrosse at 21 mpg combined. In the city, this new Buick sedan will yield 18 mpg, while highway efficiency sits at 28 mpg. Furthermore, every 2017 Buick LaCrosse comes standard with a 15.8 gallon fuel tank.
2017 Buick LaCrosse Interior
The interior of 2017 Buick LaCrosse provides seating for up to five people and comes standard with many soft-touch surfaces to aid driver and passenger comfort. The cabin was designed to be extra quiet, as Buick used triple-sealed doors, extra insulation, and additional active noise cancellation technology to provide the quietest ride possible. The 2017 LaCrosse comes standard with an eight-inch touchscreen infotainment system that’s compatible with both Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. Optional equipment for the ‘17 LaCrosse includes a first-rate Bose sound system, as well as heated and ventilated front seats, which also offer massage technology. In addition, the trunk of the new Buick LaCrosse provides 14.2 cubic feet of cargo space.
2017 Buick LaCrosse Interior Photos:
Interior available on the 2017 Buick LaCrosse 1SV Group
- Air conditioning with dual-zone temperature controls, Air filtration system with filter, Buick IntelliLink®1 radio audio system with AM/FM stereo, Driver seat with 2-way power lumbar, Front bucket seats with seatback map pockets, Leatherette seat trim, Manual tilt and telescopic steering column, 4-spoke leather-wrapped steering wheel, OnStar 4G LTE and built-in Wi-Fi® hotspot, Rear park assist, 8-speaker audio system, Cruise control, Auxiliary 12-volt power outlet, Keyless push button start
Interior available on the 2017 Buick LaCrosse Preferred Group
- Adding to or replacing 1SV Group features: Cargo net, Power tilt and telescopic steering column, Road emergency tool kit, SiriusXM Satellite Radio with 3 trial months
Interior available on the 2017 Buick LaCrosse Essence Group
- Adding to or replacing Preferred Group features: Front passenger seat with 2-way power lumbar , Heated driver and front passenger seats, Memory settings – driver seat and outside mirrors, Perforated leather-appointed seating, Optional premium sound and navigation package, Wireless charging
Interior available on the 2017 Buick LaCrosse Premium Group
- Adding to or replacing Essence Group features: Ventilated driver and front passenger seats, Moon White ambient lighting, Heated steering wheel, Front passenger massage control seat with 4-way power lumbar control, Rear cross-traffic alert, Side blind zone alert with lane change alert, Auto dimming outside rearview mirror with lane change alert, 120-volt power outlet, Head-up display
2017 Buick LaCrosse Safety
Every 2017 Buick LaCrosse comes standard with 10 airbags, Teen Driver technology, and a rear vision camera. For additional safety, the new LaCrosse is also available with automated emergency braking, park assist, and adaptive cruise control. Safety ratings from the NHTSA and IIHS were not available for the ’17 LaCrosse at the time of this publication.
Standard Safety Features
- 10 airbags
- Switchable daytime running lamps
- Electronic grade braking
- LATCH system (Lower Anchors and Top tethers for CHildren)
- Rear park assist
- Rear vision camera
- Safety belts, 3-point, driver and right-front passenger, height adjustable
- Teen driver setting
- Tire pressure monitor system
- Trunk latch, safety, manual release
Traveling This Summer? Check out these 3 must-visit beaches in Florida