2017 Lexus IS Overview
There’s an old saying, “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it” and Lexus mostly stuck to that with the 2017 Lexus IS. Instead of giving the already popular vehicle a major visual overhaul, the automaker made some minor adjustments while maintaining the vehicle’s appeal. The 2017 IS has a starting MSRP of $37,825 and competes with vehicles such as the Infiniti Q60, Audi A4, and BMW 3 Series.
The all-new Lexus IS is available in three trims – Turbo, 300, and 350 – and have the capability to upgrade to the F Sport package.
[wptab name= “What’s New “]
What’s New for the 2017 Lexus IS?
Modest adjustments on the new Lexus IS include a bolder front grille, new LED headlights, redesigned wheels, rectangular chrome exhaust tips, and more pronounced LED tail lights. The overall shape and styling of the IS remains the same, measuring 184.3 inches long with a 110.2-inch wheelbase.
2017 Lexus IS Photos:
[wptab name= “Exterior”]
2017 Lexus IS Exterior
The exterior received some minor upgrades like new chrome exhaust tips and LED headlights, but the 2017 IS also comes with a variety of additional attractive features. On the base Turbo trim, drivers can enjoy a power sun/moonroof, power heated side mirrors, and 17-inch aluminum alloy wheels. The 300 and 350 trims feature chrome side window trim, a fixed rear window defroster, and fully galvanized steel panels.
2017 Lexus IS Exterior Photos:
Exterior available on IS Turbo:
- Power sun/moonroof, Black grille with chrome surround, Front fog lamps, Perimeter/approach lights, LED brake lights, Power heated side mirrors and turn signal indicators, Clearcoat paint, 17-inch aluminum alloy wheels
Exterior available on IS 300:
- Adds or replaces features on Turbo: Chrome side windows trim, Black front windshield trim, Fixed rear window with defroster, Fully galvanized steel panels
Exterior available on IS 350:
- Adds or replaces features on 300: Available rear spoiler, 18-inch 5-spoke aluminum alloy wheels, Body-color bumpers, door handles, and side mirrors
[wptab name= “Performance”]
2017 Lexus IS Performance
The lower Turbo trim of the 2017 Lexus IS comes standard with a 2.0-liter four-cylinder turbocharged engine, paired with an eight-speed automatic transmission that pumps out 241 horsepower and 258 lb-ft of torque. The 300 and 350 trims come with a 3.5-liter V6 engine (mated to a six-speed automatic transmission) that boasts 255 horsepower and 236 lb-ft of torque.
[wptab name= “Efficiency”]
2017 Lexus IS Efficiency
Fuel efficiency is dependent upon trim level on the new IS, with the Turbo trim yielding an EPA-estimated 22 mpg in the city, 32 mpg on the highway, and 26 mpg combined. The 300 and 350 trims (with their V6 engines) pump out an estimated 19 mpg city, 26 mpg highway, and 21 mpg combined.
[wptab name= “Interior”]
2017 Lexus IS Interior
The luxurious interior of the 2017 Lexus IS is filled with significant features, including a leather-trimmed steering wheel, dual zone climate control with smog sensor, two 12-volt power outlets, and a 60/40 folding bench rear seat. The 300 and 350 trims feature heated front seats, NuLuxe seat trim, air filtration, and an 8-way power driver’s seat with lumbar support. Comfort is key in the all-new IS.
2017 Lexus IS Interior Photos:
Interior available on Turbo:
- 60/40 folding bench rear seat, Leather-trimmed steering wheel, Dual zone climate control with smog sensor, Day-night auto-dimming rearview mirror, Trip computer, Seats with leatherette back material, 2 12-volt power outlets
Interior available on 300:
- Adds or replaces features on Turbo: Heated front seats, Metal-look gear shift knob, NuLuxe seat trim, Air filtration, 8-way power driver’s seat with lumbar support, HomeLink® garage door opener
Interior available on 350:
- Adds or replaces features on 300: Lexus personalized settings, Available power rear sunshade, Available perforated leather-trimmed interior
[wptab name= “Safety”]
2017 Lexus IS Safety
The safety systems on the 2017 Lexus IS allow drivers to feel secure behind the wheel of this luxury vehicle. Standard on all trims is the Pre-Collision System with Pedestrian Detection, which will help drivers stay out of accidents in the event that they are distracted.
Standard Safety Features:
- Stability Control
- Electronic Traction Control
- Front Disc Brakes
- 4-Wheel Anti-Lock Braking System
- Brake Assist System
- Tire Pressure Monitor System
- Front Knee Airbags
- Safety Connect Emergency S.O.S.
- Lane Departure Warning
- Forward Collision Alert
The News Wheel is a digital auto magazine providing readers with a fresh perspective on the latest car news. We’re located in the heart of America (Dayton, Ohio) and our goal is to deliver an entertaining and informative perspective on what’s trending in the automotive world. See more articles from The News Wheel.