2018 Buick Regal GS Overview
Focused on performance, the 2018 Buick Regal GS shows off 310 horsepower in an elongated, sporty frame. Designed to be a range-topping Sportback model, you can cruise in style with this luxury sedan.
The 2018 Buick Regal GS is available in one trim.
[wptab name=”What’s New”]
What’s New for the 2018 Buick Regal GS?
While Buick markets the Regal GS as its own model, it’s technically a trim of the 2018 Buick Regal Sportback. It’s the range-topping trim and comes with a different powertrain, giving it a bit of an edge on the rest of the Sportback lineup. The division of the Buick Regal lineup is new for the 2018 model year, offering Sportback and TourX models.
2018 Buick Regal GS Photos:
2018 Buick Regal GS Exterior
Channeling a coupe-style athletic stance, the Buick Regal GS is the most performance-focused Sportback model. The exterior is designed with 19-inch aluminum wheels with Technical Gray accents to draw attention, plus LED Daytime Running Lamps and LED-accent tail lamps light up the road as the GS comes and goes.
the 2018 Buick Regal GS is available in five colors: Sport Red, Ebony Twilight Metallic, Quicksilver Metallic, Smoked Pearl Metallic, and White Frost Tricoat.
2018 Buick Regal GS Exterior Photos:
Exterior features available on the 2018 Buick Regal GS
- Solar-absorbing glass and windshield, Headlamp control, 19-inch aluminum wheels with Technical Gray accents, Laminated acoustic front and side glass, P245/40R19 all-season blackwall tires, Tire inflator kit, Halogen composite headlamps with flash-to-pass features and automatic-on/off and delay, LED Daytime Running Lamps, Integral rear antenna, LED-accented tail lamps, 17-inch compact spare tire, 17-inch compact spare steel wheel, Variable intermittent windshield wipers, Outside heated power-adjustable mirrors, Available Appearance Package, Available power moonroof
2018 Buick Regal GS Performance
Focused on performance, the Buick Regal GS offers an upgraded powertrain when compared to the rest of the Sportback trims. The Regal GS is equipped with a 3.6-liter direct-injection V6 engine and a nine-speed automatic transmission, producing 310 horsepower and 282 lb-ft of torque. All Regal GS models are equipped with all-wheel drive (AWD) as well.
2018 Buick Regal GS Efficiency
With only one available powertrain, the Buick Regal GS’ efficiency ratings are pretty straightforward. When you take this performance sedan out in the city, you can expect an estimated 19 mpg. If you hop on the highway for a longer trip, the Buick Regal GS earns an estimated 27 mpg.
2018 Buick Regal GS Interior
Since the Regal GS is the range-topping trim on the Sportback model, it comes with all of the bells and whistles. The GS offers an eight-speaker Bose premium audio system, wireless charging, and HD Radio. Standard, you’ll find features to keep you plugged in such as OnStar 4G LTE with a built-in Wi-Fi hotspot, a USB charging port in the console, and a 4.2-inch multi-color Driver Information Center.
2018 Buick Regal GS Interior Photos:
Interior features available on the 2018 Buick Regal GS
- Interior: Air filtration system, Two-way manually-adjustable front head restraints, Rear heating and cooling air vents, Rear split-folding seat, Cabin humidity sensor, Eight-way power seat adjuster for driver and front passenger, Leather-appointed seating, Leather-wrapped three-spoke Sport steering wheel, Tilt and telescopic steering column, Auto-dimming rear view mirror, Rear fold-flat 40/20/40 tri-folding seats, Four-way power-adjustable lumbar and massage driver seat control, Front passenger power lumbar control, Heated steering wheel, Dual-zone automatic temperature control, Heated and ventilated driver and front passenger seats, Active Noise Cancellation, Driver power bolster, GS-specific alloy pedals, Driver and front passenger manual cushion extension, High-performance front bucket seats, Memory Package
- Radio and Technology: Premium seven-speaker audio system, Rear vision camera, Teen Driver, OnStar 4G LTE and built-in Wi-Fi hotspot, OnStar Guidance Plan Limited Trial Service, Available Buick Infotainment System with 8-inch diagonal color touchscreen, USB charging port in console, Digital compass display, Keyless open and start, OnStar Basic Plan for five years, Available Universal Tablet Holder, Available HD Radio, Available Bose premium eight-speaker audio system, 4.2-inch multi-color Driver Information Center, Available wireless charging, Remote start, SiriusXM Satellite Radio with three-month trial, Available Forward Collision Alert, Available Adaptive Cruise Control, Enhanced speaker system, Available Lane Keep Assist with Lane Departure Warning, Available Following Distance Indicator, Available Forward Automatic Braking, Available Front Pedestrian Braking, Lane Change Alert with Side Blind Zone Alert, Front and Rear Park Assist, Rear Cross-Traffic Alert, Available Head-Up Display
2018 Buick Regal GS Safety
Once again, as a higher trim level, the Buick Regal GS comes standard with several driver-assist features. Across the board, you’ll be able to use features like Rear Cross-Traffic Alert, Front and Rear Park Assist, and Lane Change Alert with Side Blind Zone Alert. There are additional options available, such as a Head-Up Display, Front Pedestrian Braking, and Forward Automatic Braking.
Standard Safety Features on the 2018 Buick Regal GS
- Teen Driver
- LED Daytime Running Lamps
- Trunk emergency release handle
- Air bag system
- Three-point, height-adjustable driver and front passenger safety belts
- Rear vision camera
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System
- LATCH system
- Three-point rear safety belts
- StabiliTrak stability control system
- OnStar Basic Plan for five years
- OnStar Guidance Plan Limited Trial Service
- Keyless open and start
- Lane Change Alert with Side Blind Zone Alert
- Front and Rear Park Assist
- Rear Cross-Traffic Alert
The News Wheel is a digital auto magazine providing readers with a fresh perspective on the latest car news. We’re located in the heart of America (Dayton, Ohio) and our goal is to deliver an entertaining and informative perspective on what’s trending in the automotive world. See more articles from The News Wheel.